iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

> Note for Early Project Feedback Threads

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Codex (WIP) [MATURE GAME], An adult oriented game I am working on
Emory
post Feb 12 2012, 05:44 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

I tried making a new topic in this board last night, but it wasn't letting me look at the guidelines until today and I realized I was indeed violating a few guidelines like missing character bios. I can't find the thread anywhere and I'm not exactly sure if it was approved or rejected, but I'll give it another go just in case it DID get rejected since I know what to put on here now. If this isn't the appropriate place for my stage of development I hope the mods just move this topic somewhere else for my stage of development.

CODEX (Name may or may not change, if someone can come up with a more creative name than that please feel free to express your idea)

STORY

Spoiler:
You are a regular average joe accountant working for a global quasi-legal corporation named Carlos Incorporated (Sorry if you think the name is not creative, my friend thought up of it after himself because he's conceited like that.) Drug addled CEO Carlos is stricken with grief as his wife passes away from a deadly and incurable heart disease that is reaching pandemic levels. When his depression is too much for him to bear he resolves to bring her back. His right hand man, Hochmeister John, shows him an old witch book which informs Carlos of an ancient and powerful artifact called Maura's Codex Tablet. The tablet was created by an ancient prophet named Maura, who is also as drug addled and crazy. One day while filing a complaint about your paycheck being replaced with a kilogram of illegal drugs, Carlos orders you to find the codex tablet which was reportedly last seen on the somewhat newly discovered continent of Alborada to the West. In return for this task, he is offering you a 100,000 Delian (ingame currency) raise along with a promotion to a board director and will reconsider dismantling the company out of grief. Your simple task of retrieving the tablet however proves to be more difficult than anticipated as you are forced to go deeper into the unknown continent. You explore the world and face great dangers all in the name of saving yours and everyone else's jobs.

WORLD

Spoiler:
You live on Aurora, a planet dominated by two super continents and two icecaps. One is The Old World (Borealis)and the other is The "New" World (Alborada). Both continents in the past have been completely unknown to each other, the inhabitants of each thinking they were the sole dominant continent on the planet. It wasn't until the recent development of Airship technology that the people of Borealis discovered Alborada. The Old World is controlled by multiple nation-states that have remained splintered with constant border changes. The Atlum Federation is where Carlos Incorporated is headquartered at. Atlum is stuck in a war with it's neighbor nation of Florence over multiple broken treaties and the near economic collapse of both economies. Across the Borussian Ocean on Alborada, the continent took a different route and the towns were joined together into The Greater Delian Empire. A massive empire spanning the entire continent, but was obliterated suddenly by an unknown force. Currently a few colonies have been established by Borealian nations, but attempts to expand further and tame the unknown have proven difficult with danger lurking in the wild.

The Icecaps remain largely untouched due to global warming causing a ring of iceburgs around both caps to form.

Real world religions are practiced in the game universe along with made up pagan religions.

I think that's about it without giving too much of the story away.

CHARACTERS:

Spoiler:
Kid (or what ever you name him):
Kid is 23 years old and was born in Lafayette, Atlum. As a youth he would constantly get into trouble with school officials for fighting. His parents and him moved to Central Atlum when he was 10 and when he turned 15, his father had passed away and his mother disappeared. Having no known family, he was homeless and resorted to burglarizing homes to survive. When he attempted to break into Carlos' mansion, he was caught by security guards and brought to Carlos where he was impressed by Kid's mathematical skills. He told Kid that either he could work for Carlos Incorporated as an accountant or he would have Kid arrested and executed. Kid worked at Carlos Incorporated for 8 years. He suffers from horrific nightmares which caused him to get insomnia. These nightmares usually do not appear when he smokes marijuana before he goes to sleep. When he was 21 he met a woman named Eliza who he went on to marry two years later. His wife died of lung cancer a year prior to the game's events.

Carlos Calderon:
The founder and owner of Carlos Incorporated. He is 22 years old and is described as being random, eccentric, malevolent, and extremely corrupt. Carlos is devoid of any morals and frequently binges on deadly drugs, legal or illegal, such as methamphetamine. His opinion is influenced heavily by his equally drug addled right hand man and friend, Hochmeister John. He does not oppose the use of child labor and frequently deploys children in the mining of precious metals. He and his men regularly engage in torture to get what he wants. He was married to Tiffany Calderon before she died of an incurable heart disease. Her death caused him great grief and desperation and is the cause of the game's events.

Hochmeister Johann "John" Artemis:
The righthand man and best friend of Carlos, he also engages in heavy drug abuse, but has more self control than Carlos. He and Carlos met each other while running away from the police after a drug deal gone bad. Both of them helped each other escape the law with team work, after which they became best friends. He has saved
Carlos' life many times from assassination attempts. He regularly engages in sexual debauchary with the company prostitutes while high off of drugs. His opinion influences Carlos strongly.

Eliza Sanders:
Eliza Sanders is Kid's late wife. She was a rather shy woman, but was very open with her love, Kid. She too worked for Carlos Inc, but as a slave. She was freed at the request of Kid due to his elevated status within the company. She and Kid enjoyed smoking marijuana together on a regular basis, but she died of lung cancer a year prior to game events.

Tiffany Calderon:
Carlos' late wife, her death sets off the game's events. She was, like most of the main characters, a heavy drug abuser and regularly smoked crack and did cocaine. Little is known about her, due to her rarely leaving the penthouse of The CINC Building. It is rumored wherever she went it would smell like fragrant roses for around half an hour.

SCREENSHOTS:

Spoiler:

Police Gang Units are attempting to arrest you!

Carlos mourning Tiffany's death.

Some in store items.

Drug dealing robot :3

TERRIBLE BETA DOWNLOAD (For those who want to see what I have so far):

Spoiler:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1now8lslrnf862u

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CRITIQUE ANYTHING YOU FEEL IS LACKING OR SUGGEST IMPROVEMENTS, SCRIPTS, TILESETS, ETC. DO NOT BE AFRAID, I AM HERE TO GET HELP WITH MY GAME.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

mrsan
post May 25 2013, 06:49 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I think it sounds like an entertaining and funny game. I particularly like how this is sort of a fantasy game but is also quite realistic and detailed. It's nearing 2:40 right now, so I won't download the demo right now, but some time later today after I wind down and go to sleep(assuming I do) I'll download it, give it a playtest, and tell you what I think.

--------------------
"I warn you. If you bore me, I shall take my revenge." -Professor J.R.R. Tolkien

"Those who do not fear the sword they wield have no right to wield a sword at all." -Kaname Tousen

"There's no unlockable door, there's no unwinnable war, there's no unrunnable run, or unsingable song..." -Ozzy Osbourne

+Quote Post

Akod
post May 25 2013, 03:47 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Designer

Even though this thread is over a year old I'll leave it open, partially because you are going to test this game for the person and partially because the person has been on fairly recently. But for future reference try not to post on really old game topics as it is considered a necropost and is against the rules.

--------------------

Having issues eventing something? Feel free to send me a message and I will see what I can do!

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

mrsan
post May 25 2013, 09:02 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Type: Writer

Sorry. I have a bad habit of never reading the date sad.gif
But since the person's still active as you say, I'll still give it a playtest.

--------------------
"I warn you. If you bore me, I shall take my revenge." -Professor J.R.R. Tolkien

"Those who do not fear the sword they wield have no right to wield a sword at all." -Kaname Tousen

"There's no unlockable door, there's no unwinnable war, there's no unrunnable run, or unsingable song..." -Ozzy Osbourne

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 08:33 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.