iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> High Fantasy Resource Bundle, Available Now!
Rating 5 V
Keromalas
post Apr 14 2012, 03:02 AM
Post #21

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: True Neutral

I sent a message with details about the game that I would create. Hope to like it!

Edit: Oh no! I just realized I'm about one month late. That's terrible... still, perhaps you will read it.

This post has been edited by Keromalas: Apr 14 2012, 03:06 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

spoileralert
post Apr 14 2012, 05:49 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

I'm really hoping the results come in soon! I'm quite stoked to see If I won.

--------------------
I support:

+Quote Post

Supergodjesus
post Apr 19 2012, 07:56 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

My apologies for not posting sooner, I have been swamped with work on Aleph!

I did get in touch with the person who won the contest, and I left it up to him if he wanted to announce it or not because I believe he plans to make a commercial title with the resources, so I won't go spoiling it for him. If he gives me permission to announce it, I will announce who he is and his upcoming project.

I do want to thank everyone who sent in their stories. There were a lot of great ones, and my job was rather difficult choosing what I felt had the most potential. I do hope that all of you will push forward with your stories, games, and ideas irregardless because there are many great ones.

@Keromalas: Sorry that you got it in a month after the deadline, it was a very nice write-up!

I've just updated the main thread for Aleph here on this site, and also fired up my own website, here: Pioneer Valley Games

You can find a ton of new screenshots for Aleph, which use the custom resources being made for the bundle. Also, when the bundle is finished and ready for purchase, it will be available in the web store on the site, so feel free to check back regularly.

I've also decided about how I will ultimately release the bundle. I plan to release a main 'primary' bundle which will contain a whole slew of tiles, character sprites, monster sprites, icons, battlebacks, battlers, and so forth. I will continue to create new and consistent material after this as well, and release little 'booster' bundles that will be less expensive and will serve primarily to suppliment the primary bundle by adding new monsters, sprites, tiles, and so forth.

So, stay tuned for more information, and feel free to check out Pioneer Valley Games in the meantime to see what sort of resources are in store for you.

*note, keep in mind that anything Mack or RTP that you might see will -not- be included in the resource bundle!

--------------------
Keep up-to-date with the greatest RPGs ever: Pioneer Valley Games

Need inexpensive art resources? Let me know!

Need AMAZING game music? Note by Note Studios

+Quote Post

spoileralert
post Apr 20 2012, 01:14 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Now I can breathe a little easier, knowing that I can stop holding it. It's a shame I didn't win, but it happens. I'll just buy the pack when it comes out.

--------------------
I support:

+Quote Post

Nightmar
post Apr 22 2012, 07:41 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

.........*sighs* great another contest i wasted my time for....lovely
congrats to the winner...

This post has been edited by Nightmar: Apr 22 2012, 07:42 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Supergodjesus
post May 16 2012, 07:29 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

Update:

I've starting pulling together all of the resources that will ultimatley be included in the bundle. Thus far, there are 107 enemy side-view battlers (the list in the main thread is out of date, I added a bunch of new ones, and removed the Lightning Elemental), and well over 100 character, monster, and animal spritesheets (10 frames of animation for best results - you will need to use an animation frame script to properly use them, like I do, which you can find for free in the Scripts section - or you are free to edit them and put them into 3 frame sheets, but they don't look good that way); each NPC and character has an additional spritesheet containing 4 down poses (one for each cardinal direction) for a total of over 215 sprite sheets. The 'main' character sprites have additional spritesheets containing their 8-direction versions. There are approximately 70 background images that can be used for parallax scenes, battlebacks, or pictures.

I am in the process of putting together the tiles. Right now I have a full A2 set, and a good portion of an indoor B-sized tileset. All of my trees will take about 2 B-sized tilesets to fit. Additional greenery, grass, rocks, etc will fill out most of another B-Sized tileset. Right now, I am primarily lacking in tilable floors since I tend to rely on editing the RTP or Mack tiles, so I will make more of those to include in the set. Right now I only have about 4 or 5 indoor tiles that I made myself, but plenty of outdoor grass, badland, swamp, and snow tiles. I will also work on some desert tiles to put into the set. I currently have very few dungeon-specific tiles as well, save for a boatload of skeletons and bones in a large variety of flavors (burnt, ancient, or bleached), so I want to do something about that.

For additional tiles/charasets, I have a large number of gravestones (both normal and snow-covered), a catapult (east-west facings), a guillotine (animated), a longboat ship, large seer stones (regular, red glowing, and blue glowing), and a variety of other items, all of which will be in the set.

I plan on making additional icons since I only have about 40 or so, though I don't plan to make item icons. Only elemental ones, and ones for various attributes, effects, and so forth. Icons that can be used fairly universally.

Joerao has the music all in hand and should be ready to go as well, so there will be a good amount of high-quality music to use for your games.

I have not quite decided on the style I want for the facesets (more anime-ish, more realistic, more cartoonish, or what), but I plan on including the 'portrait sized' versions of the faces in the set for people who like to use the big pop ups instead of just the little boxed faces. However, not all characters will have facesets at this time, such as the peasant NPCs and some monsters and animals.

As I stated before, anything you see in the screenshots that is edited from RTP or Mack will NOT be included in this bundle. I will put all of my own personal edits into another little bundle and that will be free to download for anyone. These are edits that were made specifically to be used with this bundle, so style-wise they tend to conform to that and should help flesh your overall number of resources quite nicely (especially as far as house and building tiles are concerned).

So, if anyone has any last-minute type requests for things you'd like to have included in the bundle, please feel free to let me know and I will see what I can do. I do not yet have a release date for this, but I aim for it to be ready this year. Thanks!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Supergodjesus
post Jun 10 2012, 02:16 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

Update!

I've been pulling together the resources some more, still workin' on 'em. I am hoping to have them ready relatively soon (but no specific date set yet). If you want to be notified directly when they are available, you can sign up to be a member on my website and use the e-mail you wish to be notified from (don't worry, I almost never send out mass e-mails). Pioneer Valley Games Member Sign-Up

After doing some more tweeking of battlers, spritesheets, and backgrounds, I am pretty happy with the collection acrued. Most recently I have been creating a metric ton of tileset pieces. Like, hundreds; dozens of cracks, blood spatters, skeletons, grass pieces, flowers, plants, trees (so many trees!), furniture, statues, you name it. I have 9 'tilesets' full right now (though 1 of those is mostly a recolored version, and 2 contain single large guard towers, so that leaves 6, which is still more than you get with default RTP). I am also have a couple hundred more to go through and put into sheets. Some are really cool, some still need work because I sometimes suck at lining things up right to make pseudo-tilable pieces. I've still neglected to do much in the way of auto-tiles, aside from one full A-2 type sheet (grass, dirt, corrupted grass, snow, swamp). However, since these resources are meant to be useful to a range of engines, I think I am going to adapt more of an A-5 style template instead of bothering with making auto-tile formats (which is what I do in Aleph anyways). This would offer more versatility and generally gives better and less blocky results than using autotiles and would save me from having to modify images to fit both VX and VX-Ace and XP and whatever other engines people use. This will also expedite the process of making floor and wall tiles. And tileset limitations are a thing of the past anyways.

This post has been edited by Supergodjesus: Aug 31 2012, 09:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Supergodjesus
post Jun 12 2012, 04:40 AM
Post #28

Group Icon

*Removed for being outdated*

This post has been edited by Supergodjesus: Aug 31 2012, 09:18 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Supergodjesus
post Jun 19 2012, 01:18 AM
Post #29

Group Icon

I am almost done with the graphics portion of the bundle. I am currently looking for two people to give me a hand, though. Since I am but one person, I am pretty much blind to the errors I create since I spend so much time staring at my own creations. I need a couple pairs of fresh eyes and hands to play with the resources and relay any problems with graphics or notes of improvement. I am looking to do this relatively soon so that the bundle can be completed and released.

So I am going to take replies either through here or PM from now until maybe the end of the week (whenever I get two people). I am not going to take just let anybody though - you must have a MINIMUM of 250 posts and a join date of at least one year ago or longer (6/18/11 or before). If you are unsure, you can check your own profile page to see your statistics. From those elligible, it will be first-come first-served, and I might make special exceptions depending upon context.

What do you get for helping me out? You will get a free set of the entire graphics bundle (not to mention you get it earlier!) and I will put your name in a special thanks section of the documentation.

So to sum it up:

What I need from you:
-Play with the resources, make maps, battles, etc.
-Relay any problem areas, mismatched tiles, ill-fitting tiles, oddities, etc.

What you get for helping:
-Free resource bundle (earlier than release date!)
-Special credit

Thanks everyone for the support and encouragement thus far, both here and in private!

--------------------

+Quote Post

amerk
post Jun 19 2012, 05:35 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

Type: Writer

If you still need a helping hand, er eyes, give me a shout out.

This post has been edited by amerkevicius: Jun 19 2012, 05:37 PM

+Quote Post

Supergodjesus
post Jun 19 2012, 07:34 PM
Post #31

Group Icon

I tossed you a message; thanks for showing interest!

That leaves one more slot open.

--------------------

+Quote Post

hyde9318
post Jun 20 2012, 07:30 AM
Post #32

I am the Joker. Heath was just a decoy.
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Hey, if you need any help, let me know. You always know where to find me, lol.

--------------------

Note: This Image is Clickable.

+Quote Post

Supergodjesus
post Jun 20 2012, 02:10 PM
Post #33

Group Icon

Thanks Hyde, I sent ya a message as well!

Edit: Alright, I ended up going with 3 people for testing, and now don't require any further help. Thank you all!

This post has been edited by Supergodjesus: Jun 20 2012, 06:50 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Supergodjesus
post Aug 31 2012, 09:19 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

Hello all!

So the bundle is finished, and the good folk at Degica agreed to a distribution deal, so you can pick up the bundle here:

http://resources.rpgmakerweb.com/high-fantasy-resource-pack/

Please check the original post for more information! Thank you kindly!

-Megan and Jesse
Pioneer Valley Games

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 02:09 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.