iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2-Tile SpriteMaker(now 2.0)!, A Sprite Generator which uses Mack/XP 2-highs
IXFURU
post Mar 3 2012, 04:43 AM
Post #1

just a nut trying to keep away the squirrels
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Lawful Evil

IXFURU's 2-TILE SPRITE MAKER 2.0

So, I've been wanting to do this for a long time. I noticed that there aren't many resources for 2-high sprites and characters, so I decided I'd try my hand at creating one. This (very limited at the moment) program is the result of that.

Basically, it creates usable 96x192 sprite character sheets, for use in your RPGMakerVX projects. This is the first version. I just wanted it to be tested and get some feedback. Also, I'm hoping that by posting it, someone can link me to some already 'stripped' Mack/2-high resources. Like just hats, or clothes, etc. The basis of the program is complete, so it would be easy to install some new resources. I just have to take the time to strip existing character sheets down with Gimp until I get some assistance or a link as stated.

Anyway, I hope you like it.

Here's a few ScreenShots:
Spoiler:

A view of the basic layout of the program (2.0):
Attached File  I2TSM_2point0.png ( 42.55K ) Number of downloads: 220

This next picture shows some new stuff and some points of interest. 2.0 now features midi files playing as you create, which can be turned off with the MUTE switch in the green circle. Also, I've also added the new feature of Randomizing. Using the '%' button, seen here in the purple circle, you can have the program choose for you and quickly create a random sprite. I also wanted to point out that you can create many color-based sprites, not just the typical skintone of RTP characters. Here, you can see a red sprite as it is shown inside the yellow circle. Finally, I had a great idea about how to use this space here where the red circle is. I'm going to try to install a 'matching face' maker which instantly creates a matching face for the sprite you are creating.

Attached File  I2TSM_2point0a.png ( 48.45K ) Number of downloads: 121

Here's a couple of sprites I created using the application:
Attached File  __oldguyband.png ( 54.05K ) Number of downloads: 137

Attached File  __whatwhat.png ( 54.05K ) Number of downloads: 133

Here is the link:

Ixfuru's 2-Tile Sprite Maker 2.0

Important Notice

You should make sure to read the README file. It included important information about how to save the files you create using the SpriteMaker.

CREDITS:
Aerendyll for the 'base' characters
Chiaki: For some reason, when I started stripping down resources, I started with the ones created by Chiaki
GrandMoffLyon
kreimhilde
Enterbrain
Mack

If you see your work, or work you recognize which is not creditted, please let me know. I definitely want to make sure everyone who deserves it, gets credit.

UPDATES
Spoiler:

3/3/12 6:00am
Added 2 new extras, removed Garb13 and Headware 5 as they were dysfunctional. Added 12 Garbs, 7 Hairs and about 7 Headwares.

3/3/12 4:00pm
2.0 is released, probably the last for a few days anyway. The totals are now: 35 Garbs, 18 Hairs, 16 HeadWares and 14 Extras. That should allow enough creating possibilities until I can work out some of the kinks and should hold users over while I work on improving it further. In 2.0, I also added a "Randomizer" button, and Mute-able Background Music.

Make sure you keep me posted on errors, bugs and other things. I'm aware of a few already, and I'll be trying to work them out before I release more. Again, if you can help me split 8-character sheets of 2-Tile Sprites, you have usable resources, or can help in anyway, let me know!

This post has been edited by IXFURU: Mar 3 2012, 07:56 PM

--------------------

To Support:

Spoiler:
CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=57406"][img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/Dwiguitar/TheFinishLineUserBar_zps63f6f475.png[/img][/url]

I support:

Spoiler:

I actually won something...Can you believe that?!

Spoiler:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

DigiorPoke
post Mar 3 2012, 07:23 AM
Post #2

Dragon Slayer
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Neutral Good

Well...the sprites dont mix with each other....
its kinda like this=

When We fix it..then its left and right places change!

--------------------
My game
Spoiler:

I support
Spoiler:

My Personality Test

+Quote Post

IXFURU
post Mar 3 2012, 07:33 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

DigiorPoke,

Thanks for testing it. You say you tried to move the sprite with the direction buttons, looks like "Rt" once may put it closer to being right. I think the deal is that I want it to be able to use converted XP and Mack sprites, so it may be a bit tricky to get it exact. Not to mention, the problem with this one may be that it's a female garment on a male sprite. I'll look into adjusting them a bit. I plan on updating the entire thing tomorrow, after I've added a few dozen more items.

--------------------

To Support:

Spoiler:
CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=57406"][img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/Dwiguitar/TheFinishLineUserBar_zps63f6f475.png[/img][/url]

I support:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

robbieagray
post Dec 25 2013, 05:48 PM
Post #4

I am not insane... YET!!! :D
Group Icon

Yeah I noticed the clothing shift was well. Also I seem to experience lag when I try using the software. Is that common?

--------------------
If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

Projects I am currently working on:
-The demo is out now!

-Link to my Youtube Channel: HERE! (Please Subscribe)
I support the following:
Spoiler:

Contest Badges:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

IXFURU
post Dec 26 2013, 01:59 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Man. This is old as heck! I may create another right now. But I kind of let this die for a reason smile.gif

--------------------

To Support:

Spoiler:
CODE

I support:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Neosky
post Dec 27 2013, 08:45 AM
Post #6

Master of the DarkSyde of Cheese!
Group Icon

Well i hope you do make an update, cause this thing is awesome, don't know why I never got it....

Um we need to get more parts, and body styles for you as well. So we can make kids and such, chicks and so on, chicks = boobs, XD.

OH and in this version the Extras DN UP RT LT buttons control the head gear, not the extra slot, wink.gif

But yeah if you are thinking of making a new version or w/e let me know, I'll see if I can find more parts.

--------------------

Remember, Remember the 5th of November...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

If you are new, please go through this spoiler for VERY useful links.
Spoiler:

Tarris Thread || User Forum || Tarris Hold Website || Twitch.tv

+Quote Post

IXFURU
post Dec 27 2013, 12:51 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Yeah. Making the parts sucked. And I didn't program it well. I know a little more about how to use MMF2, (which is the program I made it with), now. So I can probably fix it up.

--------------------

To Support:

Spoiler:
CODE

I support:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

robbieagray
post Jan 3 2014, 05:54 AM
Post #8

I am not insane... YET!!! :D
Group Icon

If you fix it that would be great. Especially since the lack of a 2 tileset character generator is what has made me resort to 1-tile(chibi) sprites (not that that is an issue. I like chibi sprites too). laugh.gif

--------------------
If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

Projects I am currently working on:
-The demo is out now!

-Link to my Youtube Channel: HERE! (Please Subscribe)
I support the following:
Spoiler:

Contest Badges:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 03:32 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.