iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mix Items Skill, as in Final Fantasy X
ave369
post Mar 6 2012, 03:03 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Good

Greetings to everyone.

I've been searching for a script that allows to combine two items in battle and get some special skill effect, like Rikku does in Final Fantasy X. I've found one such script, YERD Skill Effects, but it 1)doesn't work with Tankentai, which I use and 2) has a lot of other skill related stuff that is superfluous to my project. Has anyone made a more compact, mix only script that works with Tankentai or a patch for the YERD script?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

ave369
post Mar 9 2012, 08:29 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

72 hours passed. Bumpity-bump.

+Quote Post

ave369
post Mar 12 2012, 01:58 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Mega BUMP!

+Quote Post

ave369
post Mar 16 2012, 11:29 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Giga BUMP!

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Mar 17 2012, 03:31 AM
Post #5

Master Eventer, Novice scripter, pathetic spriter
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

I dont think this is quite what you are looking fore but search the script list for Synthesis Shop. It might work a little.

--------------------
I might not post anything for a while, but I am still here, watching. You may not see me, but I see you.
Still taking event requests. Still watching topics. I will see comments to my posts and respond.
I will probably not update any of my scripts for a while.

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
Need an unusual event call me and i might be able to make it
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests
search number 10519195120
Please don't put this number on any of your own posts or topics
note: the search number will be on any post I make to aid in searching by author. If I forget to put it on a topic please notify me.

I will try to check any posts/PMs around 7:30 AM, 3:00 PM, and after 6 PM most days (time in Pacific Time)

The ultimate video game

Legend of, Elder, Fear, of Fabled, Fallout, Call, of Modern, Gears, of Halo, Metal, Ghost, Assassin, Mass, Homicide, Fantasy, 5
That stands for
Legend of Zelda, Elder Scrolls, ?????, Fable, Fallout, Call of Duty, Modern Warfare, Gears of War, Halo, Metal Gears, Ghost Recon, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Auto Homicide, Final Fantasy, 5
Let me know if you want a game added to the list

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, believe he is the only way to heaven, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

ave369
post Mar 17 2012, 08:26 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

I tried KGC Synthesis but it does not work in battle.

+Quote Post

Revival
post Mar 21 2012, 06:59 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Lawful Evil

I don't think there is a way to do this.. unfortunately the synthesis shop is the closest you can get... and from looking at that, you should be able to see how complex it is... I'm sure it's possible to do it for battle, but it would take some kind of scripting god to put a piece of work that complex together... also, where would you store recipes and outcomes? The synthesis shop uses recipes to determine outcomes of mixes. Mix in final fantasy X doesn't offer recipes, as the mix outcomes are stored elsewhere (and unless you have the strategy guide, you can never see in game what the outcome is until after mixing), which would be another challenge in its own to achieve.

--------------------

+Quote Post

ave369
post Mar 21 2012, 12:38 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Yanfly somehow did it in his Skill Effects script. I can't believe nobody can reverse-engineer his script and make a similar one that has only the mix functionality and is more compatible.

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Mar 21 2012, 02:00 PM
Post #9

Master Eventer, Novice scripter, pathetic spriter
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

I Know it is possible to script but I lack the skill to do so. What I would do is event it. Make a skill that calls a common event. This event says call Synthesis shop.
Other than that I have an idea for a more skilled scripter. Make it so when the player does an action he can use up to two different items. Make a window asking if he wants to use two that is displayed after the first is selected if no use item. If yes select another item. Then compare them using an array to see what effect they make. That is my idea

--------------------
I might not post anything for a while, but I am still here, watching. You may not see me, but I see you.
Still taking event requests. Still watching topics. I will see comments to my posts and respond.
I will probably not update any of my scripts for a while.

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
Need an unusual event call me and i might be able to make it
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests
search number 10519195120
Please don't put this number on any of your own posts or topics
note: the search number will be on any post I make to aid in searching by author. If I forget to put it on a topic please notify me.

I will try to check any posts/PMs around 7:30 AM, 3:00 PM, and after 6 PM most days (time in Pacific Time)

The ultimate video game

Legend of, Elder, Fear, of Fabled, Fallout, Call, of Modern, Gears, of Halo, Metal, Ghost, Assassin, Mass, Homicide, Fantasy, 5
That stands for
Legend of Zelda, Elder Scrolls, ?????, Fable, Fallout, Call of Duty, Modern Warfare, Gears of War, Halo, Metal Gears, Ghost Recon, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Auto Homicide, Final Fantasy, 5
Let me know if you want a game added to the list

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, believe he is the only way to heaven, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

ave369
post Mar 21 2012, 02:33 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

The. Synthesis. Shop. Cannot. Be. Called. From. Scene_Battle. What letter in these words you do not understand? I tried KGC and Cylindrical synth shop scripts, the former results in an error because it uses Scene_Shop, the latter simply pretends it wasn't called.

Right now I am trying to script it myself. If you want something to be done, do it yourself ))) But since I'm a pretty bad scripter I'm sure I'll have to mess up a lot, rip a lot of hair and smash a lot of keyboards in anger, so if anyone has something to say about scripting this, I'll welcome any help.

I've got an idea how to do it: all I need is a script snippet that can be called by a battle event, calls an item selection screen and stores the item ID in a specified variable. The rest is perfectly eventable. Right now I'll post it in a separate request.

This post has been edited by ave369: Mar 21 2012, 03:11 PM

+Quote Post

Revival
post Mar 21 2012, 08:43 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Lawful Evil

QUOTE (ave369 @ Mar 21 2012, 01:38 PM) *
Yanfly somehow did it in his Skill Effects script. I can't believe nobody can reverse-engineer his script and make a similar one that has only the mix functionality and is more compatible.

Yanfly is a scripting God... like I said in my reply, it would take another scripting god to put together a scipt that complex. As for your new idea, that sounds like it could work, and goodluck to you, writing script is for only the bravest of the brave.... after months of working with scripts I'm still not confident enough to write even a simple one.

--------------------

+Quote Post

ave369
post Mar 22 2012, 02:47 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

As I said, I don't need a script exactly as complex as Yanfly's, which adds mixes, chains, rages, sings, dances and robs caravans. I need only the mix functionality, and I already have the algorithm in my head, I just fail to translate it into RGSS2.

+Quote Post

ave369
post Mar 30 2012, 12:41 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Tera BUMP!

+Quote Post

ave369
post Mar 30 2012, 03:47 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Request closed, folks. I did it myself. Thanks everyone for not helping me even a little bit.

This post has been edited by ave369: Mar 30 2012, 03:49 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 06:21 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.