iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is there ANY way to import a VX game into the VXA Maker?!
Wombat_Assassin
post Mar 6 2012, 09:38 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

This would solve so many problems, I love the idea of ACE and all the problems it fixes, new graphics etc. But I REALLY REALLY do not want to start anew with my game, is there anyway at ALL to do some type of importing of the game into ACE? Thanks guys!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

fmstwre
post Mar 6 2012, 10:43 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Lawful Good

The usual answer is no, but I heard that there was a scripter making a program to import VX projects into VXAce. Problem is, I haven't heard any news about this for a while, so it may just be a rumor.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Earthboundfanboy...
post Mar 7 2012, 12:12 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Actually, I have a program that will convert the project to Ace. Unfortunately it transfers events graphics music, etc, but not scripts. Well
whatever. So i'll PM you the details.

--------------------

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ and 100% proud of it put this in your signature.

+Quote Post

BigEd781
post Mar 7 2012, 12:20 AM
Post #4

No method: 'stupid_title' found for 'nil:NilClass`
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Good

QUOTE (Earthboundfanboy121 @ Mar 6 2012, 04:12 PM) *
Actually, I have a program that will convert the project to Ace. Unfortunately it transfers events graphics music, etc, but not scripts. Well

Many scripts would likely need to be rewritten anyway and you will never be able to convert them automatically, so I don't see how that is a problem. Let me ask you this; if you wrote a converter, why are you hiding it from people? Why have you not made it public?

--------------------
My blog - It's awesome, I assure you
While sloppy writing does not invariably mean sloppy thinking, we've generally found the correlation to be strong -- and we have no use for sloppy thinkers. If you can't yet write competently, learn to. - Eric Raymond

---
My awards for being so awesome
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Wombat_Assassin
post Mar 7 2012, 12:21 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Ahh so nearly perfect!! But yes please, PM me the details, surely one of the bright sparks on this forum can find a way to import the scripts, as that would be a major part of the overall game. They run pretty much on the same type of system though am I right? It just seems like a vx.2

+Quote Post

timm1980
post Mar 8 2012, 07:24 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Type: Coder

If you check out the rpgmakervxace.net forums, you'll find references to a few people who've put stuff together, with varying degrees of success.

I have one newer than what I originally posted there... I can convert maps nearly 100%, events about 90%, and a good smattering of the other stuff reasonably well. Not everything corresponds 1:1 between the versions, but close enough that it saves most of the work.

+Quote Post

Hacker
post Mar 14 2012, 03:13 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Unaligned

QUOTE (Earthboundfanboy121 @ Mar 6 2012, 05:12 PM) *

Can you PM me the details also? I've been making this game on VX for a while but I bought Ace...so might as well upgrade if I can.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 01:48 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.