iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Virus Warning
Amy Pond
post Mar 19 2012, 02:45 PM
Post #1

Amy
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Unaligned

I know the thread was removed for good reasons, but it did have an important point, the ads on the site are causing malware warnings. Is something going to be done about this? It's been reported before in the past (well over a year ago) and also affected RPG Revolution. I know a lot of people use ad blockers because of it and Google often blocks the site over it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

mikemcd
post Mar 19 2012, 02:48 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

QUOTE (Amy Pond @ Mar 19 2012, 03:45 PM) *
I know the thread was removed for good reasons, but it did have an important point, the ads on the site are causing malware warnings. Is something going to be done about this? It's been reported before in the past (well over a year ago) and also affected RPG Revolution. I know a lot of people use ad blockers because of it and Google often blocks the site over it.

The ads on this site are not - nor have they ever - led to any malware warnings. That is a patently false assumption.

The issue you are pointing out was the result of a security exploit of IPBoard.

+Quote Post

Amy Pond
post Mar 19 2012, 02:53 PM
Post #3

Amy
Group Icon

Hi,
I quote from a former such warning (which admittedly is now fixed) regarding RPGRevolution.com:

"Malicious software includes 6 trojan(s).

2 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including 600z.com/, stalkx.qc.to/.

Of the 32 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 3 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-03-27, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-03-27.""

600z.com is an ad network ran by iEntry I believe? I know this site right at this moment is including it in pages.

So yes the ads have caused trouble, sorry.

This post has been edited by Amy Pond: Mar 19 2012, 02:57 PM

+Quote Post

mikemcd
post Mar 19 2012, 02:58 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

QUOTE (Amy Pond @ Mar 19 2012, 10:53 AM) *
Hi,
I quote from a former such warning (which admittedly is now fixed) regarding RPGRevolution.com:

600z.com is an ad network ran by iEntry I believe?

So yes the ads have caused trouble, sorry.

600z is our adserver, yes. In 2010 there was a patch required to fix an exploit. That was 2 years ago and an issue for about an afternoon. A far cry from 'ads being a problem'. We've been doing this for 12 years... there is no problem/security issues with our ad serving or network. Anything is subject to exploits and attacks.

+Quote Post

Amy Pond
post Mar 19 2012, 02:58 PM
Post #5

Amy
Group Icon

Thank you for clearing it up.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 05:25 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.