iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Hey, I'm new and bit worried
SheSheep
post Mar 19 2012, 04:45 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

Hey there! I just joined the site few shortly and I'm worried about few things onthe rules.

There's been some discussion threads that I cannot find anymore (glitch? or am I bad in searching sad.gif) and I didn't get much out of them. But apparently linking outside is not allowed, but people mention "the (that place)" that is apparently worse than others. I do not want to get kicked out right away, so could someone clear up what I can adn what I cannot post? sad.gif

Can also someone tel me how to search for topic? I am sure there was a topic concerning this issue, but I don't know where its anymore.

Thanks, for the help!

SheSheep

This post has been edited by SheSheep: Mar 19 2012, 04:45 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Amy Pond
post Mar 19 2012, 05:09 PM
Post #2

Amy
Group Icon

Type: Coder

This is a fan site ran by iEntry.

+Quote Post

Amy Pond
post Mar 19 2012, 05:16 PM
Post #3

Amy
Group Icon

Basically this website is ran by fans; there exists an official site by the makers of the program; people tried to get everyone to move there instead of here (against the wishes of the owners of this website) so now, understandably, we're not allowed to advertise it. It was in many people's signatures and such.

+Quote Post

KaiserKami
post Mar 19 2012, 05:22 PM
Post #4

Snake Eater
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Neutral Good

QUOTE (Amy Pond @ Mar 19 2012, 06:16 PM) *
Basically this website is ran by fans; there exists an official site by the makers of the program; people tried to get everyone to move there instead of here (against the wishes of the owners of this website) so now, understandably, we're not allowed to advertise it. It was in many people's signatures and such.

Ironically you just did advertisment.

--------------------
"Yo pops, I'll have the stupid special."
(What makes a hero?)
(Man's desire is a curse.)
(All crave for fortune.)

+Quote Post

Amy Pond
post Mar 19 2012, 05:27 PM
Post #5

Amy
Group Icon

It wasn't my intention. Regardless, it's the official site, people are going to find it easily even if there was a big message saying "don't go here:".

+Quote Post

SheSheep
post Mar 19 2012, 05:36 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

I'll try to follow rules, people are nice here.

This post has been edited by SheSheep: Mar 19 2012, 05:37 PM

+Quote Post

KaiserKami
post Mar 19 2012, 05:40 PM
Post #7

Snake Eater
Group Icon

Yes we are nice, and try to be fair.

--------------------
(What makes a hero?)
(All crave for fortune.)

+Quote Post

GrandmaDeb
post Mar 19 2012, 06:29 PM
Post #8

Retired
Group Icon

Shesheep, you have nothing to worry about.

There have been a lot of crazy antics around here and it will take awhile to get things settled. Think of it as trying to shop after a big sale. The shelves are a mess. Nobody is working the sales floor. Where is everybody???

But we'll get it straight and cozy soon.

=]

--------------------

+Quote Post

mikemcd
post Mar 19 2012, 07:32 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (GrandmaDeb @ Mar 19 2012, 02:29 PM) *
Shesheep, you have nothing to worry about.

There have been a lot of crazy antics around here and it will take awhile to get things settled. Think of it as trying to shop after a big sale. The shelves are a mess. Nobody is working the sales floor. Where is everybody???

But we'll get it straight and cozy soon.

=]

I hope you realize Shesheep is Scinaya playing more teenage games and wasting your time...

I have to say --- I've been in this business for over 12 years now. I've been a part of DOZENS of forums from games, to webmaster stuff, to hobby topics. Adminned them, moderated them, managed them, participated on every level you can think of.

In all that time I have never seen a more pathetic display than I have seen in the past few days from some of the people here....

+Quote Post

GrandmaDeb
post Mar 19 2012, 07:50 PM
Post #10

Retired
Group Icon

Totally suspected, and PinkFireFly is kind of obvious as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Amy Pond
post Mar 19 2012, 08:06 PM
Post #11

Amy
Group Icon

QUOTE (mikemcd @ Mar 19 2012, 07:32 PM) *
I hope you realize Shesheep is Scinaya playing more teenage games and wasting your time...

I have to say --- I've been in this business for over 12 years now. I've been a part of DOZENS of forums from games, to webmaster stuff, to hobby topics. Adminned them, moderated them, managed them, participated on every level you can think of.

In all that time I have never seen a more pathetic display than I have seen in the past few days from some of the people here....

Having been in RPG Maker for eight years, I have. This is what happens.

I think that, different to gaming sites (which can actually be horrendous but that's besides the point) it's because game making sites rely on user contributions. They rely on people to spend time making games, making resources, and giving support. If that time and effort isn't appreciated, or the site is down for weeks on end, or hell if they just get bored!, people move on.

I know you're a professional guy who runs professional forums, but I've definately seen this happen before, many times. It's almost like it's what forums do, or at least what RPG Maker forums do.

Not to mention the fact that for years the site has been ran, maintained, and supported by unpaid volunteers - mutiny is just something that happens.

+Quote Post

mikemcd
post Mar 19 2012, 08:08 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (Amy Pond @ Mar 19 2012, 04:06 PM) *
Having been in RPG Maker for eight years, I have. This is what happens.

I think that, different to gaming sites (which can actually be horrendous but that's besides the point) it's because game making sites rely on user contributions. They rely on people to spend time making games, making resources, and giving support. If that time and effort isn't appreciated, or the site is down for weeks on end, or hell if they just get bored!, people move on.

I know you're a professional guy who runs professional forums, but I've definately seen this happen before, many times. It's almost like it's what forums do, or at least what RPG Maker forums do.

Not to mention the fact that for years the site has been ran, maintained, and supported by unpaid volunteers - mutiny is just something that happens.

Oh I get it... It's just such a waste of time on all sides and rather pointless in the end.

+Quote Post

KaiserKami
post Mar 19 2012, 08:14 PM
Post #13

Snake Eater
Group Icon

Such pointless arguments and fights. Oh well such is the way of how the internet works.

--------------------
(What makes a hero?)
(All crave for fortune.)

+Quote Post

GrandmaDeb
post Mar 19 2012, 08:21 PM
Post #14

Retired
Group Icon

I think we can all agree that this topic isn't serving the community at all at this point.

If people are concerned and want to know what is up, PM me and if we need a new, proper thread answering questions, we'll open one up.

For now let's just remember that this community is the sum total of the generous work of many people, and the friendship of many fine folks, and let it continue on without being disturbed by trolls and other internet silliness.

Back to business, folks.

Closed.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 04:10 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.