iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> [VX]OMG - Uber Quest log, Uber Quest log with style ^_^
LoMastul
post Oct 9 2008, 09:41 AM
Post #1

Cookies :x
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Neutral Good

[VX]OMG - Uber Quest log
Version: 1.0

Introduction

The Uber quest log made by atoria.
and styled by me LoMastul happy.gif.

Features
Original Features:
Doesn't use any switches
Can handle and unlimited number of quests
Can hold up to 8 objectives per quest
Each time an objective is completed the quest updates
Quests appear in the menu only after you get the quest, instead of there just being a list of all quests or you can now have all of them be displayed the choice is up to you
Keeps track of how much money, exp, completed, found, etc
Has a nice GUI in Quest_Data
You can define either quest NPCs or non-quest NPCs (quest NPCs will have a golden exclamation point over their head)
Text wrap was added for quest info, so feel free to type a massive paragraph and it will parse it just fine
what i added:
moving backround and a styled layout.

Screenshots

Demo

http://www.mediafire.com/?lryquykezh2

Script

just download the demo tongue.gif

Instructions

This script is actually a little difficult to use, so make sure you read these instructions carefully.

To use this script as is all you need to edit is the Quest Data
qupdate is the bulk of this code, it updates your quest information
qupdate[1, 11, 21, 31, 41, etc] = setting to true will make quests 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, available aka they show up in the menu
qupdate[10, 20, 30, 40, etc] = you use these to check to see if quests 1, 2, 3, 4 are finished they are updated automatically so it's often just used by the quest giver event (demo shows best)
qupdate[2-9, 12-19, 22-29, etc] = setting to true will update the objectives in each quest so qupdate[12] = true will make the first objective in quest 2 be completed
handin is important as well and is to be used when a quest is handed in to the quest giver
handin[0, 1, 2, 3, etc] = setting to true will completely end quests 1, 2, 3, 4, and update the quest journal
The rest of the data that needs to be filled in is pretty self explanatory any questions can be posted below.

FAQ

will be added later.

Compatibility

None known issues at the moment.

Credits and Thanks

Credits to atoria for making the script which can be found here: http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=47723.0
also credits to Moghunter for his graphics i ripped from tongue.gif.

Author's Notes

ask atoria xD have fun using it.

Terms and Conditions

free for use, and make sure you credit me and atoria if you use this script, or graphics [then also credit Moghunter].

-- LoMastul [and yeah it isnt syntex error i really called it OMG cuz Moghunter didnt made this >:O]

-- + any comments will be welcomed happy.gif if youll have any issues with the script post them here and ill try to help.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

asdren
post Oct 9 2008, 10:59 AM
Post #2

Lurking the lurkers who lurk lurking lurkers
Group Icon

Holy fucking shit this looks like awesomeness!!

+Quote Post

LoMastul
post Oct 9 2008, 01:00 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

ty for the feedback happy.gif
if you want me to make any script for you to look like this or any way you want it to then send me a pm with a sneak pic (so i'd know how to make it look like)
and a link to the script/demo.
i am the Moghunter of VX..... i am Omghunter xD jk tongue.gif
--LoMastul

--------------------

+Quote Post

leqesai
post Oct 9 2008, 06:56 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Type: Writer

Critique:
+The potential functionality is awesome
-The UI is quite ugly. Specifically there is waay too much going on. The backgrounds are distracting and the text doesn't appear natural. The text is far too difficult to read (on top of the wicker background) and the colored squiggles make no sense.

I don't mean to sound harsh with the UI crits, btw. With some work I think this has potential to be comparable with modern algebra's quest log.

+Quote Post

screamRAWR
post Oct 10 2008, 05:07 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Type: Designer

This is an amazing script! I will be using it for sure.
XD
Question though, are the small names above the heads on the characters part of the script too, or is that a seperate one?

+Quote Post

LoMastul
post Oct 10 2008, 06:21 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE (leqesai @ Oct 9 2008, 07:14 PM) *
Critique:
+The potential functionality is awesome
-The UI is quite ugly. Specifically there is waay too much going on. The backgrounds are distracting and the text doesn't appear natural. The text is far too difficult to read (on top of the wicker background) and the colored squiggles make no sense.

I don't mean to sound harsh with the UI crits, btw. With some work I think this has potential to be comparable with modern algebra's quest log.

it's ok smile.gif its good to hear critics instead of insults [like on other forums] i made this Layout in a rush i just made it to show people what they can get and even much more if they will spend a little more time on it. (yeah i think it's a bit ugly too [added tooo many details >.>])
tho you have to admit it looks better then the dull regular windows happy.gif.

and about modern algebra's quest log - send me a pm with a link to it [or post here] and ill make it with moving background and stuff tho i'll need to have his approval for it.

QUOTE (screamRAWR @ Oct 10 2008, 05:25 AM) *
This is an amazing script! I will be using it for sure.
XD
Question though, are the small names above the heads on the characters part of the script too, or is that a seperate one?

it is part of the quest script (so it will be easier to find npc that are part of the quest or giving you a quest happy.gif) tho i can try to make it into a seperate script for you happy.gif.
[tho i'm in school right now so youll have to wait a bit happy.gif]

--------------------

+Quote Post

leqesai
post Oct 10 2008, 09:51 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (harman @ Oct 10 2008, 06:39 AM) *
it's ok smile.gif its good to hear critics instead of insults [like on other forums] i made this Layout in a rush i just made it to show people what they can get and even much more if they will spend a little more time on it. (yeah i think it's a bit ugly too [added tooo many details >.>])
tho you have to admit it looks better then the dull regular windows happy.gif.

and about modern algebra's quest log - send me a pm with a link to it [or post here] and ill make it with moving background and stuff tho i'll need to have his approval for it.

it is part of the quest script (so it will be easier to find npc that are part of the quest or giving you a quest happy.gif) tho i can try to make it into a seperate script for you happy.gif.
[tho i'm in school right now so youll have to wait a bit happy.gif]

To be quite honest, I like the original version of this script. The boring version.
Boring tends to match with the RTP menus, and I'm all about symmetry.

~Leqesai

+Quote Post

LoMastul
post Oct 10 2008, 12:25 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

well... it depends on which menu scripts your using.
if you will be using MOG's menu scripts then it will fit in with his scripts, and as i said, this is just a sample you what you can do, if you'll work hard enought on the Layout it might comeout looking like something kickass happy.gif.

--------------------

+Quote Post

R P G
post Oct 10 2008, 11:13 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Wow dude, the quest menu looks so awesome. The layout of it is just great! Good job man.

--------------------

Purple's hott. She's hott.

+Quote Post

Vegnaroth
post Oct 11 2008, 11:21 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Seems like a pretty good script but like leqesai said, there's WAAY too much going on and the BG and font are kind of ugly. sleep.gif Still though, you can change it (obviously) so it's no big deal! wink.gif

QUOTE (leqesai @ Oct 10 2008, 12:09 PM) *
To be quite honest, I like the original version of this script. The boring version.
Boring tends to match with the RTP menus, and I'm all about symmetry.

Hmm... Sounds like someone else I know... *points at self* laugh.gif

+Quote Post

LoMastul
post Oct 11 2008, 12:39 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

well... it will match the MOG styled menus that mog made and selacius is converting right now tongue.gif
and as i said im working on a other and more user friendly quest log [made by modern algebra] to make it look OMG styled tongue.gif

This post has been edited by harman: Oct 11 2008, 12:40 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Vegnaroth
post Oct 11 2008, 01:00 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

QUOTE (harman @ Oct 11 2008, 02:57 PM) *
well... it will match the MOG styled menus that mog made and selacius is converting right now tongue.gif
and as i said im working on a other and more user friendly quest log [made by modern algebra] to make it look OMG styled tongue.gif

Oh. Well anyway, I'm looking forward to the new Quest Log! I hope it's better than this! tongue.gif ...No offense by the way! blink.gif

This post has been edited by Vegnaroth: Oct 11 2008, 01:01 PM

+Quote Post

LoMastul
post Oct 11 2008, 06:01 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (Vegnaroth @ Oct 11 2008, 01:18 PM) *
Oh. Well anyway, I'm looking forward to the new Quest Log! I hope it's better than this! tongue.gif ...No offense by the way! blink.gif

none taken tongue.gif i think i's a bit ugly too tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Armosa
post Oct 21 2008, 01:07 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Hey, i think this is a great script. However, i'm having a problem with it, i notice that when you accept the quest, the quest giver icon doesn't change from "!" to "?". I've tried every way i can think of and can't get it to work properly. Either it doesn't work or all quest sprites get the "?" lol. I'm not an advance scripter, but i can edit them and modify...go figure...lol Also would be great for it to update that icon without having to call Scene_Quest.new everytime, just have some display update call. maybe i'm missing something...Can anyone help please smile.gif...Other than that, great script, love it.

+Quote Post

Armosa
post Oct 22 2008, 01:28 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Woooooooot! I got something working now..hehe

first, create a new icon for a grey "?"

now, the meat.

CODE
I added
attr_accessor :mytemp
attr_accessor :mytemp2

under class Game_Character in the script along with the other vars

then added

@list[i].parameters[0].dup.gsub!(/\[[Qq][Nn](.+?)\]/) do
@mytemp = [$1]#, Event_Color]
end

to go along with

@list[i].parameters[0].dup.gsub!(/\[[Cc][Dd](.+?)\]/) do
@text_display = [$1, Event_Color]
@isQuest = false
end
@list[i].parameters[0].dup.gsub!(/\[[Qq][Dd](.+?)\]/) do
@text_display = [$1, Event_Color]
@isQuest = true
end

now in the quest giver events i add a second comment under the first one and label it QN so the game knows
which quest number this guy gives... ex.. [QN0] 0 is the first quest, 1 the second,
ect...

then i add this
bitmap2 = Cache.picture("quest.png")

before
if @character.isQuest

then add this just after it
@mytemp2 = @character.mytemp[0].to_i
if $quest.qupdate[(@mytemp2 * 10) + 1] == true
bitmap2 = Cache.picture("questmid.png") #<---questmid.png is the grey "?"
end
if $quest.qupdate[(@mytemp2 * 10) + 10] == true
bitmap2 = Cache.picture("quest2.png")
end

under..
def create_display_sprite(args)
definition
and in the quest givers, i also add when you accept the quest $scene = Scene_Quests.new to all of them

only issue is, when you complete the quest, the gold "?" won't show until you call a menu or something, haven't figured out how to refresh the map screen without causing it to crash...i'm still a newb scripter so...lol

but other than that, it works.
don't take quest... yellow !
take quest blue ?
complete objectives yellow ?
hand in quest giver disapears or what ever you want it to do.

+Quote Post

Armosa
post Oct 27 2008, 01:36 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Hi all, I was wondering if someone could help me out here...I've modified this script so that it displays the correct "?" or "!" above the quest giver heads and it works like a charm, only issue is, kinda of a random bug i get that the game crashes out here and there and i don't get any info as to what happened, my event view says..

Faulting application game.exe, version 2.0.0.1, faulting module rgss202e.dll, version 2.0.2.1, fault address 0x000dcb59.

and it's usually the same address or one other one, always the same 2.

the area in the code that seems to be related to this error is this..

if @character.isQuest

bitmap2 = Cache.picture("quest.png")
$mytemp2 = @character.mytemp[0].to_i
if $quest.qupdate[($mytemp2 * 10) + 1] == true
bitmap2 = Cache.picture("quest1.png")
end
if $quest.qupdate[($mytemp2 * 10) + 10] == true
bitmap2 = Cache.picture("quest2.png")
end
if $quest.handin[$mytemp2] == true
bitmap2 = Cache.picture("blank.png")
end
@_quest_display = Sprite.new(self.viewport)
@_quest_display.bitmap = bitmap2
@_quest_display.ox = 8
@_quest_display.oy = 40
@_quest_display.x = self.x
@_quest_display.y = self.y - self.oy / 2 - 24
@_quest_display.z = 30001
@_quest_display.visible = self.visible #true
end

basically, when it's a quest giver, update the sprite with a gold ! or green ? or gold ? depending on the status of the quest. I've added pieces of this script until i got to the Sprite_Character class and then i get the error, so i know it's in here somewhere...anyone can give me some help.

great script btw and credits are always in them. I just modify to suit. Any help would be appreciated.

+Quote Post

jdax
post Nov 3 2008, 06:56 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Hi! Great script smile.gif, although I do agree that the UI is a little busy, but nothing that cannot be changed. I was testing it and came across two glitches. I am horrible a scripting and am just starting with this, so I don't really know how to fix it.

Here goes:

1- The first glitch I noticed was when I completed both quests and I try to turn them in, I absolutely have to have the correct quest selected in the log otherwise I would not be able to turn it in.

2- The second glitch I saw was after I had turned both quests in and went back into the log, the number of completed quests changed although I had no other quests completed. After I had turned in I had 3 quests completed. I came out of the log and went back in and now had 5. The next time I went in there was 7.

Those are the only things I have noticed. I am definitely going to use this script and look forward to updates of it.

~jdax

+Quote Post

LoMastul
post Nov 3 2008, 09:08 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE (jdax @ Nov 3 2008, 08:14 PM) *
Hi! Great script smile.gif, although I do agree that the UI is a little busy, but nothing that cannot be changed. I was testing it and came across two glitches. I am horrible a scripting and am just starting with this, so I don't really know how to fix it.

Here goes:

1- The first glitch I noticed was when I completed both quests and I try to turn them in, I absolutely have to have the correct quest selected in the log otherwise I would not be able to turn it in.

2- The second glitch I saw was after I had turned both quests in and went back into the log, the number of completed quests changed although I had no other quests completed. After I had turned in I had 3 quests completed. I came out of the log and went back in and now had 5. The next time I went in there was 7.

Those are the only things I have noticed. I am definitely going to use this script and look forward to updates of it.

~jdax

as i have already said in this post including the original post, this script was not made by me, there for i cannot fix any gliches that are in the script, i made only the modification, if you want a better quest system you should search modern algebra's quest system, and also my friend selacius have made a set of MOG scripts to work for vx [so basically it's SEL menu scripts because he re-writed it from scratch]
and in the download demo there is a mod we made for modern algebra's quest system which uses a better looking layout, and the quest system itself is better.

--------------------

+Quote Post

ikkyblob
post Dec 1 2008, 02:49 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Mind making a compressed folder download of it?

--------------------
Cna you raed tihs?
� Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... �
Olny 55% of plepoe can.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.

+Quote Post

Querthel
post Dec 3 2008, 11:20 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

when i press "new game" i get error message:

Script '-- Atoria's Quest Log {Win}' line 537: NoMethodError occurred

undefined method `wchichquest' for nil:NilClass

Tried using script on clear new project and i get same message... halp?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 05:24 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.