iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Closed TopicStart new topic
> I have a couple of questions., SOLVED
keybladesrus
post Mar 20 2012, 05:30 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Question 1:
I am about halfway through my game right now, but I appear to be running out of switches. There's only 100 right? Is there a way to get more? I'm sure I can make my remaining switches last, but it would be better to be safe than sorry. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to use so many for scripts...

Question 2 (and this is the big one):
I am using a script to let my characters have voices in battle, but have run into a problem. I need voices! I was able to give about half of my characters voices from the resourses of another VX game I downloaded (I'll give credit), but I have no idea where to get voices for the rest of them. I would like to use voices from Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy, but my Google search didn't turn up anything and I have no idea how to rip voices myself.

So where is a good place to get voice rips? Can I even ask that here?

Please help....

This post has been edited by keybladesrus: Mar 20 2012, 07:47 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

GrandmaDeb
post Mar 20 2012, 05:36 PM
Post #2

Retired
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

Do you know how to use variables?
Many switches can be replaced with variables that keep track of a "state."

For example, if "game_state" = 1, then it is night and the guards are on duty, if "game_state" = 2, then you have found the key to the dungeon and the gates will be open, but it is still night with the guards on duty, if "game_state" is 3, etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post

amerk
post Mar 20 2012, 05:38 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

1. You can have up to 5000 switches. Where it says "Change Max", click on it and change it. Also, as GD mentions, variables are a way to really simplify your game and offer a lot more possibilities.

2. You're probably on your own here since rips are illegal. If you do it yourself and credit the sources, as long as it's not for profit, most will not care, but that's still not a guarantee a company you are ripping from won't send out a C&D. I've heard of software for ripping graphics, but never heard of such for ripping audio, but then again I'm not very familiar with the process of ripping. The best thing you can probably do is recruit your own voice actors/actresses.

This post has been edited by amerkevicius: Mar 20 2012, 05:40 PM

+Quote Post

keybladesrus
post Mar 20 2012, 07:39 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Thanks for the help. I guess I'll just reuse the voices I do have. And 5000 switches?! Wow...

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st August 2014 - 03:23 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.