iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Closed TopicStart new topic
> script question, SOLVED
keybladesrus
post Mar 20 2012, 07:46 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I am using a ATB battle system, but had a problem. Whenever I would try to guard, the game would crash. As I am a total noob when it comes to scripts (looks like gibberish to me), I wasn't sure how to fix it. So as an experiment, I deleted that portion of the script. The game doesn't crash anymore, but Guard doesn't do anything now. It still takes up a turn, and the Overdrive guage (from KGC Overdrive) still increases.

Which brings me to my question:
How do I make it to where the menu says "Focus" instead of "Guard"? I would ask how to fix the guard, but I kind of like being able to charge the Overdrive at the cost of losing a turn. Do I need to change something in the existing scripts, or do I need a new script to change the menu? If it is the latter, could someone write it for me?

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I can't find a "Script Request" section.

This post has been edited by keybladesrus: Mar 22 2012, 12:09 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Revival
post Mar 21 2012, 06:54 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Lawful Evil

QUOTE (keybladesrus @ Mar 20 2012, 08:46 PM) *
I am using a ATB battle system, but had a problem. Whenever I would try to guard, the game would crash. As I am a total noob when it comes to scripts (looks like gibberish to me), I wasn't sure how to fix it. So as an experiment, I deleted that portion of the script. The game doesn't crash anymore, but Guard doesn't do anything now. It still takes up a turn, and the Overdrive guage (from KGC Overdrive) still increases.

Which brings me to my question:
How do I make it to where the menu says "Focus" instead of "Guard"? I would ask how to fix the guard, but I kind of like being able to charge the Overdrive at the cost of losing a turn. Do I need to change something in the existing scripts, or do I need a new script to change the menu? If it is the latter, could someone write it for me?

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I can't find a "Script Request" section.

In the database (f9) there's a tab called "Terms" you can change the name of Guard (mines named Regen, and using a script that has guard heal minor HP ad MP) in there, this part has nothing to do with scripts. (As for fixing the guard that is script related and I can't help, but if you keep it as is, you now know how to change the name.

Also for future reference and to save you from feeling the wrath of a mod or admin, you can find the Script Requests here: http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showforum=40

--------------------

+Quote Post

keybladesrus
post Mar 22 2012, 12:09 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Thank you so much! For the life of me, I could not find a script request section. This is going to help alot!

Also, I can't believe the answer was the database. So simple...

+Quote Post

Revival
post Mar 22 2012, 01:18 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Lawful Evil

QUOTE (keybladesrus @ Mar 22 2012, 12:09 AM) *
Thank you so much! For the life of me, I could not find a script request section. This is going to help alot!

Also, I can't believe the answer was the database. So simple...

Don't worry, I remember a time when I myself was on here asking the very same question, goodluck with your project!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 12:48 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.