iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need help with Wortana's mini map (PLEASSSSE!)
HyDraLiNsK
post Mar 20 2012, 09:46 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Writer

*edit* Sigh. Ok so I figured out why my initial attempt wasn't working:

Because the event has to actually BE an npc or chest etc. They won't show up on the map unless the event has the graphic of what it is supposed to be. So here's my new question: How do I make events without an image (just clear events) show up on the map?

Basically I just want all towns and caves etc to show up yellow on the map. Hell, I don't even care what color they are anymore as long as they show up somehow. My world map is going to be huge so I have to find something. I don't want to use this map everywhere, I ONLY WANT IT ON THE WORLD MAP. So that should eliminate a lot of issues I might have. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thanks again. *edit*

This post has been edited by HyDraLiNsK: Mar 20 2012, 11:34 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Neosky
post Mar 24 2012, 05:38 AM
Post #2

Master of the DarkSyde of Cheese!
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Not sure about this. Are you saying you want to use Wora's Mini Map as a world Map? Or what? A little more info would be nice on that fact.

As for the mini map showing the colors, yeah it has to be an actual event image from the character folder. If you using it blank, or use a tile image as the event it won't show up on the map.

If your using the mini map on a world map and want to show, then just make a chara sheet with an image and use that. Say a door, or a building or something. then you can have it show color. If you don't know what I mean then I'll post one of my images and you'll get it.

--------------------

Remember, Remember the 5th of November...
Spoiler:

If you are new, please go through this spoiler for VERY useful links.
Spoiler:

Tarris Thread || User Forum || Tarris Hold Website || Twitch.tv

+Quote Post

Philacus
post Mar 30 2012, 08:58 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

I ran into a similar problem, some time ago. Although I did not need the minimap itself, for entire TOWNS, I think it could be solved in a similar way.

I wanted some of the icons from the tileset, to show up on events with the minimap. Simple problem, easy fix. I took the individual tiles, created character sprites for them, and added them into events. Took me about 30 seconds to make the needed events, and they show up on the minimap without problem. Rock, stump, bridge, etc.

This only worked in my case, but if someone were to categorize areas of a map based on the x and y coordinates, in groups. This would be quite an interesting patch for this minimap indeed.

--------------------
Buffet Bushi: I gain power with the belly slaps! *slaps belly*
Everyone else: ... Something is wrong with this guy.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 02:59 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.