iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HELP PLZ Yanfly's victory aftermath
HyDraLiNsK
post Mar 22 2012, 12:26 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Writer

I'm having an issue with this script. I have it so the player can name all the characters in the game with the "name input processing" command, and during a level up it says "_ _ _ _ _ Has gained a level" at the top. My issue is it always says the database name for the character not the custom name for the character. Where can I edit that box? "Alex has gained a level"? I've seen a few pictures with custom ones online but have had no luck finding an answer. Please help! Attached File  help.png ( 603.91K ) Number of downloads: 17
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Revival
post Mar 22 2012, 01:20 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Lawful Evil

QUOTE (HyDraLiNsK @ Mar 22 2012, 01:26 AM) *
I'm having an issue with this script. I have it so the player can name all the characters in the game with the "name input processing" command, and during a level up it says "_ _ _ _ _ Has gained a level" at the top. My issue is it always says the database name for the character not the custom name for the character. Where can I edit that box? "Alex has gained a level"? I've seen a few pictures with custom ones online but have had no luck finding an answer. Please help! Attached File  help.png ( 603.91K ) Number of downloads: 17

Yes, I had the same problem, unfortunately I never found a solution, and decided to make the character name myself, and offered choice in other things instead, such as class and "special" skills. The problem is, that part of the script reads the database names, regardless of what you change it to with name input. If anybody does remedy this problem, I too would be interested to know.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Neosky
post Mar 24 2012, 05:19 AM
Post #3

Master of the DarkSyde of Cheese!
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Moved. This is most likly a script issue. I'm sure there's a script snippet that you can place within the script that allows for "Character's name."

--------------------

Remember, Remember the 5th of November...
Spoiler:

If you are new, please go through this spoiler for VERY useful links.
Spoiler:

Tarris Thread || User Forum || Tarris Hold Website || Twitch.tv

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 11:42 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.