iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Learn me to script or help me make a script
nugx
post Mar 22 2012, 05:21 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

I need a script for a combat system which is very much like the normal one but enhanced with a few additional features

here is the combat :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYAe5nPWSME

As you guessed already it is for a dbz remake project, here is how the combat works :

Typical turn based, hp, ki etc but it has a card system.

1)
Cards have 2 numbers from 1 to 7. One is for attack and other defense, if for example i draw a card with nr 3 attack and enemy defense nr 3 i make medium damage and he medium block. If i draw 7 attack and he 1 defense i make enhanced damage and he weak block resulting in big damage. If i draw 1 attack and he 7 defense i make weak attack resulting in little damage.
Hope it's clear, also you cannot use any 'magical' attacks (energy attacks in case of dbz) unless you get the blue card.

2)
There is also BP - Battle power. Battle power is a measurment of strong a character is. For example:
A character with 400 BP does 100% damage to a character with 400 BP. Accordingly a character with 400 BP would do like 50% less damage to a character with 800 BP, where as 400 BP vs for example 3000 BP would do 0% damage.

However the higher BP numbers the damage treshold goes up for the attacker and lessens for the defender. A 1 million BP char would still do about 80% to a 2 million BP char.

This may sound complicated on paper but is very fun and plays great ( just play the dbz game)

3)
Also how it would be possible to make a transfer screen (like you see in the dbz) where they start fighting each other?

Anyone has an idea how to sript something like this? I would like to learn scripting but don't know how to start. I have the basics of rpg maker.

thx for any help

This post has been edited by nugx: Mar 22 2012, 05:25 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Revival
post Mar 22 2012, 07:39 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Lawful Evil

QUOTE (nugx @ Mar 22 2012, 06:21 PM) *
Anyone has an idea how to sript something like this? I would like to learn scripting but don't know how to start. I have the basics of rpg maker.

thx for any help

Learning Scripting: http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showforum=39

And since you have no scripting experience, start here:

http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=44501

--------------------

+Quote Post

Neosky
post Mar 24 2012, 05:14 AM
Post #3

Master of the DarkSyde of Cheese!
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Since your wanting to learn how to script, it's best to post in the Learn ruby forum section. BigED always tells people the best way to learn is to learn RUBY itself. So I guess I would start there as well.

--------------------

Remember, Remember the 5th of November...
Spoiler:

If you are new, please go through this spoiler for VERY useful links.
Spoiler:

Tarris Thread || User Forum || Tarris Hold Website || Twitch.tv

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 06:10 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.