iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> ATTENTION!

Do not post questions about Ace in this section. Any and all Ace related support should be posted in the Ace section found here.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Controlling character while text box is up
Grim420
post Mar 26 2012, 07:42 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a quick-ish way to make a text box pop up, but still be able to move your character around. Something non-script related would be great!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

amerk
post Mar 26 2012, 10:48 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Unaligned

It would be rough, but you could have text pop based on a parallel process. Depending on where you stand, a trigger could be pressed for the parallel process to take place. You might even be able to set it up through common events and variables, but you'd have to have some good knowledge in setting up variables. I'd imagine scripting would be easier, though, as it would require less events and switches.

+Quote Post

Mustaklaki
post Mar 26 2012, 07:33 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Designer

New event activate on player touch, control self switch A on. New page, requirement Self switch A on, make it parallel process, make text page. Control self switch B. New page, requirement Self switch B = on. Nothing on the page at all.

That's it.

--------------------

My epic game. Put this in your siggy if you support it! It's demo was just heavily updated, check it out!
CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=54628"][img]http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa100/moepippy/ISupport.png[/img][/url]

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Grim420
post Mar 30 2012, 03:50 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE (Mustaklaki @ Mar 26 2012, 12:33 PM) *
New event activate on player touch, control self switch A on. New page, requirement Self switch A on, make it parallel process, make text page. Control self switch B. New page, requirement Self switch B = on. Nothing on the page at all.

That's it.

Thanks, but this doesn't do anything different than what a normal text box would do. I still have to push a button to make the text box go away before I can move around. I'd like to move while the text box is still on the screen.

Running the text box as a parallel process doesn't work either. I'm starting to think its just not possible without scripting. Even when I do the \^ thing to make it so I don't have to push a button, I am unable to move while the text box is on the screen.

+Quote Post

Mustaklaki
post Mar 30 2012, 12:44 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Type: Designer

Go into the area you're in where this box should appear (To make the background of a SS match a bit) and create an autorun event with whatever you want in the box. Set starting position in there, New game, and when the autorun event goes on and the box pops up, hit print screen. Go into Paint (Run>Paint) and just hit paste (Ctrl V). Crop out the textbox portion and then save it. Import it into the resource manager as a picture. Create a parallel process event and have it to display picture. Put the picture of the textbox in and just have it show there. If you want it to disappear after some time, just use the wait command in the same event after it shows up, put in the time you want and then have it turn the picture off.

I mean, it's rough but it would probably work.

--------------------

My epic game. Put this in your siggy if you support it! It's demo was just heavily updated, check it out!
CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=54628"][img]http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa100/moepippy/ISupport.png[/img][/url]

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Scompartimenty
post Mar 30 2012, 01:29 PM
Post #6

mikb89 ^^
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Via script, if you want, can insert this:
CODE
module Impostazioni
  WALK_ON_MESSAGE_SWITCH = 5
end

class Game_Interpreter
  def running?
    if $game_switches[Impostazioni::WALK_ON_MESSAGE_SWITCH] == true
      return false if $game_message.visible
    end
    return @list != nil
  end
end
class Game_Player
  def movable?
    return false if moving?
    return false if @move_route_forcing
    return false if @vehicle_getting_on
    return false if @vehicle_getting_off
    if $game_switches[Impostazioni::WALK_ON_MESSAGE_SWITCH] == false
      return false if $game_message.visible
    end
    return false if in_airship? and not $game_map.airship.movable?
    return true
  end
end

You have to select a switch and, when it's ON, you can walk as the message is showing. With the same switch you can do other things, like deactivating teleport, for example, so the player won't go away.

+Quote Post

Grim420
post Apr 17 2012, 10:25 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Both of these methods worked. Thanks guys. Epic.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 12:46 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.