iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jack's Shack, no requests plz
Rating 5 V
Alt_Jack
post Mar 27 2012, 01:13 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Hi, I'm Jack and this is some of my art. Well, that's not technically correct; they're...what do you call them, "frankensprites" ? . Anyways, they're edits of the VX portraits, mostly built from the nude portrait bases available here (hence my contribution to them) as well as some sprites for Marvel comic characters.
I make mostly busts (you can see a collection of them below) but there are also some matching sprites for them; for these I used...err...Looseleaf, Junkhunt and Famitsu.
...Yeah. I think that's it. The bulk of my stuff is off-site, since this one doesn't have a bulk uploader like Photobucket or RRR (where I normally go) but I threw together a nice groupshot. It doesn't have everyone, but it's a good reference. The link to the album is below it, for those interested. Credit and comments are appreciated. Oh, and one more thing: I (almost) never take requests, since most are for "cross-breeding" characters (features from one thing adapted to something completely different). I'll change RTP chars, though.

RPG Maker VX Ace Portraits frankened by Alt_Jack

A lot of this stuff comes from the busts section here, and art from the site Division Heaven, by Archeia_Nessiah or Penta. The military and police uniforms, however, aren't mine. Tsubaki Camellia seems to be the source for those. And there's a character or two from Closet.

This post has been edited by GrandmaDeb: Dec 29 2012, 05:18 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

GrandmaDeb
post Mar 27 2012, 11:13 AM
Post #2

Retired
Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

Nice, Alt_Jack, and thanks!

Some of the portraits are also in the gallery:
http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?autoco...m&album=740

Thanks for posting!
(Added to the Granny's Resource Showcase)

--------------------

+Quote Post

kingmakerspider
post Mar 28 2012, 02:50 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

These are all very good Jack! You do fine work, my man... If you are ever taking requests I'd throw you a few for certain. Keep up the good work!

--------------------
"Rule #13: Think faster, shoot slower."

How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
-Benjamin Franklin

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Alt_Jack
post Mar 28 2012, 03:11 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE (kingmakerspider @ Mar 27 2012, 09:50 PM) *
These are all very good Jack! You do fine work, my man... If you are ever taking requests I'd throw you a few for certain. Keep up the good work!

Depends what you're requesting... make one and I might just be interested. wink.gif
At any rate, I'll update the Photobucket stuff periodically, but I'm actually more of an Eventer.

This post has been edited by Alt_Jack: Mar 28 2012, 03:12 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Alt_Jack
post Mar 29 2012, 09:38 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Sorry to double-post (you can delete the other one), but I felt the need to share this.

the original image is from http://divisionheaven.wordpress.com/materi...actor-4-elicia/
don't get me wrong, I like the color scheme, but it just seemed weird that the top half was white, while the rest was blue. 'course, I could've done a better job on the hand, but that's the way the dice roll. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Alt_Jack: Mar 29 2012, 09:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

kingmakerspider
post Mar 29 2012, 09:58 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

I actually think it looks great! and the hand looks fine too, don't worry about it!

--------------------

How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
-Benjamin Franklin

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Alt_Jack
post Mar 29 2012, 11:53 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

I'm actually enjoying these news busts; mostly because of the details. None of the old VX busts had hands, so there were some annoying limits.
I made this one while listening to "What u see/we all bleed red", which was the song that was playing during the scene in the Mortal Kombat movie when Sonya's beating up club-goers. Probably explains the ponytail.

Again, from that site (Division Heaven or something) I mentioned above. I just wish there were more busts with hands n' such. I only managed to make two good full-body image of some of my characters. Given the poses, you can guess where the parts came from.... X-P

Spoiler:

This post has been edited by Alt_Jack: Apr 6 2012, 01:24 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

kingmakerspider
post Mar 30 2012, 01:35 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

I think I have a project for you Jack, if you're up for it.... I am looking to change a faceset for my game. I made the current one using FaceMaker program, but I want a more RTP looking faceset to match the rest of my game.
Here's the faceset:

Spoiler:

Attached File  Ausky.png ( 57.77K ) Number of downloads: 109

And here is a reference pic of how he should actually look... Notice There are small horns hidden away behind his goggles...
Spoiler:

Attached File  AuskforTitle.png ( 122.56K ) Number of downloads: 64

And of course, if you're not interested that's fine too...

--------------------

-Benjamin Franklin

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Alt_Jack
post Mar 30 2012, 06:35 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

This is about 10 minutes worth of work with Ace's character generator; I couldn't figure out if his hair is blond or white, so I went with blond. And I'll fix the suit later.

Not to complain, but the main reason I try to avoid requests (aside from being busy with my "life" ) is that the drawings people give as request references look nothing like the RTP style, so I basically have to say "okay, these are the basic features, can I find something like this in the RTP?" . huh.gif
Example: http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=53824
look at the picture on the first post, then scroll to the bottom and look at what I made the portrait into; they're nothing alike. But, that's what I came up with.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  ausk2.png ( 19.3K ) Number of downloads: 61

--------------------

+Quote Post

kingmakerspider
post Mar 30 2012, 08:02 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (Alt_Jack @ Mar 30 2012, 11:35 AM) *
This is about 10 minutes worth of work with Ace's character generator; I couldn't figure out if his hair is blond or white, so I went with blond. And I'll fix the suit later.

Not to complain, but the main reason I try to avoid requests (aside from being busy with my "life" ) is that the drawings people give as request references look nothing like the RTP style, so I basically have to say "okay, these are the basic features, can I find something like this in the RTP?" . huh.gif
Example: http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=53824
look at the picture on the first post, then scroll to the bottom and look at what I made the portrait into; they're nothing alike. But, that's what I came up with.

omfg. that looks amazing!
I'll give you his details since it's hard to tell....

Hair color: white
Eye color: gray
Skin color: a deep tan that looks very slightly red...

ohhhhh.... and if you can't tell what any emotion is supposed to be, let me know... I can clear it up. I think...

Honestly, this is the MOST AMAZING face I've seen.... and since it's my beloved character it's even better!!

This post has been edited by kingmakerspider: Mar 30 2012, 08:44 PM

--------------------

-Benjamin Franklin

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Alt_Jack
post Mar 30 2012, 11:30 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (kingmakerspider @ Mar 30 2012, 02:02 PM) *
ohhhhh.... and if you can't tell what any emotion is supposed to be, let me know... I can clear it up. I think...

That would helpful. tongue.gif

Anyways, here's the Mk II.

This post has been edited by Alt_Jack: Mar 30 2012, 11:31 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  ausk.png ( 19.55K ) Number of downloads: 40

--------------------

+Quote Post

kingmakerspider
post Mar 31 2012, 01:39 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (Alt_Jack @ Mar 30 2012, 04:30 PM) *
That would helpful. tongue.gif

Anyways, here's the Mk II.

Wow. That looks amazing!
okay.... well the emotions are as follows, (from left to right, then the bottom row)

1. a slight smile
2. angry
3. a very sincere and kind expression
4. calm (if you can actually pull off the eyes closed thing still that'd be amazing)
5. a mild surprised look (perhaps even usable for a worried expression).
6. I need a good "in-pain" (battle) expression here if possible... the generator I used didn't work well for this
7. Sad expression (mine was very cheesy cause it had to be)
8. a determined look (stern?)

you really are doing excellent work, I can't stress that enough. I knew you were great beforehand, but you've surpassed even those 'expectations'.

--------------------

-Benjamin Franklin

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Alt_Jack
post Mar 31 2012, 02:50 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (kingmakerspider @ Mar 30 2012, 08:39 PM) *
Wow. That looks amazing!
okay.... well the emotions are as follows, (from left to right, then the bottom row)
1. a slight smile
2. angry
3. a very sincere and kind expression
4. calm (if you can actually pull off the eyes closed thing still that'd be amazing)
5. a mild surprised look (perhaps even usable for a worried expression).
6. I need a good "in-pain" (battle) expression here if possible... the generator I used didn't work well for this
7. Sad expression (mine was very cheesy cause it had to be)
8. a determined look (stern?)
you really are doing excellent work, I can't stress that enough. I knew you were great beforehand, but you've surpassed even those 'expectations'.

Well, let's see if I've managed to meet those expectations. tongue.gif
They're completely out of order, but F* it. You might want to do some clean up on it, though, before putting it into your project. I recommend GIMP for that (it's what I use).

This post has been edited by Alt_Jack: Mar 31 2012, 02:54 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  ausk.png ( 61.41K ) Number of downloads: 71

--------------------

+Quote Post

kingmakerspider
post Mar 31 2012, 04:38 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE (Alt_Jack @ Mar 30 2012, 07:50 PM) *
Well, let's see if I've managed to meet those expectations. tongue.gif
They're completely out of order, but F* it. You might want to do some clean up on it, though, before putting it into your project. I recommend GIMP for that (it's what I use).

holy cow! these are spectacular! You are awesome! I don't suppose there's anything that can be done about an Angry one? and maybe another sad one? these are wonderful! They'll do just great! You're gonna get a HUGE credit for this!

--------------------

-Benjamin Franklin

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Alt_Jack
post Mar 31 2012, 04:59 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Well, going off of the list, it was kind of arranged like this:

but, I can take it back to the shop, if you want.

--------------------

+Quote Post

GrandmaDeb
post Mar 31 2012, 05:06 AM
Post #16

Retired
Group Icon

I'm lovin' the full body poses, Jack.

--------------------

+Quote Post

kingmakerspider
post Mar 31 2012, 05:10 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE (Alt_Jack @ Mar 30 2012, 09:59 PM) *
Well, going off of the list, it was kind of arranged like this:

but, I can take it back to the shop, if you want.

well, i dunno the all look great, it's just the angry one doesn't come off as angry. The rest are great... I mentioned the sad one because based on the story, he spends a lot of time in the beginning with that emotion and I thought it'd be cool to have an alternate to use. (OHHHHHHHHHH and let me know if you want me to STOP sending you requests. I think you got me addicted.... hahaha

--------------------

-Benjamin Franklin

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Alt_Jack
post Mar 31 2012, 05:46 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE (kingmakerspider @ Mar 31 2012, 12:10 AM) *
well, i dunno the all look great, it's just the angry one doesn't come off as angry. The rest are great... I mentioned the sad one because based on the story, he spends a lot of time in the beginning with that emotion and I thought it'd be cool to have an alternate to use. (OHHHHHHHHHH and let me know if you want me to STOP sending you requests. I think you got me addicted.... hahaha

Okay, I'll fix it when I have time. I just wish people would use the characters I already made for their projects. I mean, there's 200 of them; there's gotta be some that are useable. dry.gif

On that note, here's an angel. The face came from one of the Division Heaven busts.

This post has been edited by Alt_Jack: Apr 6 2012, 01:25 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  angelica.png ( 98.11K ) Number of downloads: 64

--------------------

+Quote Post

GrandmaDeb
post Mar 31 2012, 05:56 AM
Post #19

Retired
Group Icon

QUOTE (Alt_Jack @ Mar 31 2012, 01:46 AM) *
Okay, I'll fix it when I have time. I just wish people would use the characters I already made for their projects. I mean, there's 200 of them; there's gotta be some that are useable. dry.gif

On that note, here's an angel.

Ahh, wings, halo and a cross. nice.

As far as using the ones which are already made, this is one good reason to have your thread here, and a good reason why I try and keep my lists maintained.
So much of what people request is really already done - IF you know where to find it.
/me adds Alt_Jack's thread to her Resource Showcase Directory

But there are always custom requests out there. Thanks for contributing. It is what makes the internet a great place to be!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Alt_Jack
post Mar 31 2012, 05:23 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Ha. I think the internet is the only truly free place left; you can say what you want, do what you want, and be someone totally different. My award for eventing is totally useless IRL, but here it actually means something. The Internet is built by the people, for the people.

As for taking requests, the day someone sends me a cosplay version of this picture...
Spoiler:

...is the day I start actively taking requests. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Alt_Jack: Mar 31 2012, 05:24 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  ausk.png ( 61.58K ) Number of downloads: 20

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd September 2014 - 06:08 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.