iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> ATTENTION!

Do not post questions about Ace in this section. Any and all Ace related support should be posted in the Ace section found here.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Choices after text inside conditional branch.
Ramia
post Mar 29 2012, 04:31 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Coder

Just found this interesting feature.

If you show a line of text and then 2 choices after it, all 3 lines are shown in same message window.

Want to play?
Yes
No

But if you make something after showing first text, set a variable, call common event, or make a conditional branch check, then the choices are shown in their own message. I know it's not a big thing, but is it possible to fix somehow? I hate to make repetitions inside the conditional branch, if I can just avoid it some way.

See attachment for example. Touch the stone and talk to girl. Boy is for reference.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Project2.rar ( 228.55K ) Number of downloads: 4

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Vexac
post Mar 30 2012, 08:22 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Probably there's some script that fixes this issue, but i don't suggest this way, because a script has its own weaknesses, and could be in conflict with other scripts.
I suggest to edit the girl event into a 2-pages event, with the second page available only with switch 1 ON, and put the same question (want to play the game?) in each page, and change the answers smile.gif

+Quote Post

Divine Justice
post Mar 31 2012, 01:54 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

The fix is to not put anything in between the text and the choice. That's how VX splits it up. If there's nothing in between, it'll regard the text and choice as one window. If there is something in between (doesn't matter what it is, even comments disrupt it), then it'll give the choices a new window.

Pretty simple to avoid.

+Quote Post

Ramia
post Mar 31 2012, 06:56 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Type: Coder

Yes, it's simple avoid but just makes a huge mess when you check 4 things what to npc says and then couple more to select a right player choices.

Well, time to start scripting then.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 10:57 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.