iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> ATTENTION!

Do not post questions about Ace in this section. Any and all Ace related support should be posted in the Ace section found here.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Character stuck after first level
xLiaMx
post Apr 1 2012, 11:14 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Coder

Please help, after the boat my character just gets stuck and cannot move, it happens whenever i go on that map, please help smile.gif
Here is the download for it, reply if you know what's wrong <3
http://www.filefactory.com/file/2roxzep67utt/n/Project2.exe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Akod
post Apr 1 2012, 03:42 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Don't worry, this problem gets people all the time. One of the people standing around, notably the one standing below the house with the chest outside it, has an event page that is on Autorun. You do not want this on Autorun because Autorun makes it nothing can happen until that event is finished. If you want this event still checking constantly, put it on Parallel Process instead.

I suggest only using Autorun during cutscenes because you do not want the player to be able to be controlled at that time.

This post has been edited by Akod: Apr 1 2012, 03:49 PM

--------------------

Having issues eventing something? Feel free to send me a message and I will see what I can do!

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Akod
post Apr 1 2012, 03:48 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

I was checking out what you have done on your demo and I'm wondering about the Parallel Process you have in your bank...
If I understand what you are trying to do, this will not work. Parallel Processes only work on the map they are placed on. If you are trying to have it so you earn interest constantly, then you are going to want to make this event a common event.

Make the common event a Parallel Process and (you'll have to devote a switch to this event) choose the switch you made for this as the condition switch. While the switch is on, you'll make interest and while the switch is off, you will not.

I have included a demo on how to do this. If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask!

This post has been edited by Akod: Apr 1 2012, 04:20 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Making_Interest.zip ( 238.89K ) Number of downloads: 3

--------------------

Having issues eventing something? Feel free to send me a message and I will see what I can do!

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

xLiaMx
post Apr 1 2012, 07:31 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Wow, thanks so much! That will help me a lot smile.gif. Thanks again didn't expect so much help biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

xLiaMx
post Apr 1 2012, 07:39 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

But I am slightly confused with it all, so what you have put in the demo will make your account constantly gain interest, is all the events in the demo to do with the interest?

+Quote Post

Akod
post Apr 1 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE (xLiaMx @ Apr 1 2012, 01:39 PM) *
But I am slightly confused with it all, so what you have put in the demo will make your account constantly gain interest, is all the events in the demo to do with the interest?

Yes. The autorun event is to give the account an initial balance so it can actually gain interest, the person above you is used to show how turning on and off the interest works and the person to the right shows you the balance to show that when the interest event is off, you do not gain money off of it. Then the common event is just to make sure it happens on any map without having to add an event to every map.

This post has been edited by Akod: Apr 1 2012, 09:43 PM

--------------------

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

xLiaMx
post Apr 2 2012, 09:09 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (Akod @ Apr 1 2012, 10:34 PM) *
Yes. The autorun event is to give the account an initial balance so it can actually gain interest, the person above you is used to show how turning on and off the interest works and the person to the right shows you the balance to show that when the interest event is off, you do not gain money off of it. Then the common event is just to make sure it happens on any map without having to add an event to every map.

Um, seems like a noobish question :S but where is the common event?

+Quote Post

Akod
post Apr 2 2012, 02:27 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (xLiaMx @ Apr 2 2012, 03:09 AM) *
Um, seems like a noobish question :S but where is the common event?

When you push f9 to get to the editor menu, Common Events is the third tab from the right.

--------------------

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st August 2014 - 07:25 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.