iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Downloading RPG Maker VX
artfuljin
post Apr 2 2012, 02:16 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

hello i plan on purchasing RPG Maker VX but i don't really have the internet on my computer. I wanted to know do i need the internet or can i purchase the software from a internet accessible computer then transfer and activate it on my computer?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

The Almighty Tik...
post Apr 8 2012, 03:32 AM
Post #2

Call me Tiki. ;)
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Good

You could always download the game onto a portable flashdrive. You can get one pretty cheap. Plug it into an internet-accessible computer, have it download on the flashdrive (it'll probably be called something like F:/ or G:/) instead of the harddrive (which is usually called C:/), safely unplug the flashdrive, and then plug the flashdrive onto your home computer.

You can transfer the files from the flashdrive onto your computer, or keep all the files handy onto the flashdrive so you can carry them around with you. Just make sure to keep an updated copy of the files on your computer if you do, in case you lose the flashdrive. smile.gif

--------------------

^^ Best RMVX game right here. ^^

IRC Quotes:
Spoiler:
<+Ziukeal> <+Tetra_Flame> <TikiShades> <&scherzo> [16:30] <~Kav> i bet scherzo's recording that
<~Kav> :|
<~Kav> stop

On the topic of Diner Dash:
<TikiShades> It's where you take people's orders, and need to remember them, and where they sat.
<%BigTalkNoGame> TikiShades enjoy working at Dennys.

+Quote Post

amerk
post Apr 9 2012, 09:58 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Unaligned

Unfortunately, it does not work so well that way to upload to a flashdrive. Sure you can have all the files there, but the editor will not work just off the flashdrive, as each time he inserts the flashdrive into a new computer (other than his own) it will need to upload the files right on to the computer the flashdrive is inserted in, which would require admin rights for that computer to do so, not to mention it will ask for the serial key each time it's added into a new computer.

This post has been edited by amerkevicius: Apr 9 2012, 09:59 AM

+Quote Post

The Almighty Tik...
post Apr 9 2012, 12:30 PM
Post #4

Call me Tiki. ;)
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Good

I can run RPG Maker VX off of my flash drive. Maybe I just have a different kind of flash drive than you?

--------------------

^^ Best RMVX game right here. ^^

IRC Quotes:
Spoiler:
<+Ziukeal> <+Tetra_Flame> <TikiShades> <&scherzo> [16:30] <~Kav> i bet scherzo's recording that
<~Kav> :|
<~Kav> stop

On the topic of Diner Dash:
<TikiShades> It's where you take people's orders, and need to remember them, and where they sat.
<%BigTalkNoGame> TikiShades enjoy working at Dennys.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 04:13 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.