iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [Solved]Skill Script, Solved on other forums
Binkiwinki2
post Apr 2 2012, 08:02 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer

I am making my game about someone (a guy named Jason) that can transform into animals, monsters, ... To be able to transform into an animal, let's say a dog (example), you need to go to your skills and click the proper skill to transform into one. But then I have a problem, when he battles he keeps the skills (ofcourse) He is also allowed to use them but it would be dumb to transform into a dog in the middle of the battle. So I was thinking if there would be any way of letting a skill have 2 effects depending you are in a battle or not. And he can transform into (now) 25 different things and to make them all twice would be unhandy, then you have to search between 50+ skills to find the skill you wanted.

To clarify I will work out an example:
So as I said before he has a skill to transform into a dog, outside of battle. Now I want him to be able to use that same skill inside a battle but then it gets a total different animation/effect.
Out of battle he will transform into a dog
Inside of battle he will get a buff or transform into a dog, attack and then transform back into a human at the end of the turn.

That's basicly what I want.
Is this possible with scripting? No/Yes, how?
Is this possible with eventing? No/Yes, how?
Or any suggestions on how I can solve this?

This post has been edited by Binkiwinki2: Apr 3 2012, 02:41 PM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 06:46 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.