iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Magic/HP Exhaustion" system., I'll explain in the topic.
Manaphy
post Apr 2 2012, 08:10 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Evil

First of all, hello members of RPGVX Community. laugh.gif I've used RPGVX for quite some time and I've been thinking about developing a game based on the "Eragon" book series. And I'm not sure if there is a system similar to what I'm requesting but I'm not sure what to search for, if it exists.

Let me explain,

The system is: You have magic, MP, right? You use it to use spells and techniques. But when your MP is 0, I want it so my character can still cast spells, but it will drain HP instead of MP, until the MP is above 0 and restored again. I also want it so the character will regain 10% of MP per turn.

Also, is there a way to make it say something like "FATAL" next to the spell if, say. You have 0 MP and 50 HP. And the spell costs 60 MP? I want this since the spell would make your character run out of HP and die. I think it would help the player so they don't have to calculate or anything.

• Here's an example: If you have 5 MP and 30 HP, and a spell costs 10 MP, you will be left with 0 MP and 25 HP.
  • Another: You have 0 MP and 20 HP. A spell costs 50 MP. You can use the spell, but your character will die after the damage is dealt.

I'm hoping this can be done. ^^ Thanks in advance!

- Manaphy.

This post has been edited by Manaphy: Apr 5 2012, 06:56 PM

--------------------

"In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Manaphy
post Apr 5 2012, 06:54 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Bump

--------------------

"In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love."

+Quote Post

Manaphy
post Apr 8 2012, 01:18 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Bump

--------------------

+Quote Post

IceDragon
post Apr 8 2012, 04:29 PM
Post #4

I demand cookies.
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Neutral Good

Okay I think I'll do this for you, I'll have it by the end of the day.

Okay here you go:
http://pastebin.com/RYX25KPv

--------------------
Spoiler:

To be Hexa-fied

Spoiler:
Other/Reminders--
Support your cookie loving dragon!

CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showuser=52960"][img]http://i56.tinypic.com/2d1pfmw.png[/img][/url]

http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showto...amp;#entry48215 HA AUTOTILES
Pine's Birthday is the 2th of July

WORK ON YOUR TIME MEMORY @___@

+Quote Post

Manaphy
post Apr 10 2012, 08:09 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Thank you very much! I'll try it right now!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 08:01 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.