iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> 

This forum is for recruiting for games in development. Please do not post threads about games being made here.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Looking for a small team, Anyone can apply
Xyphon
post Apr 5 2012, 12:48 AM
Post #1

I only have one gear: Go!
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Hey guys, Xyphon here. So, I am an eventer and a writer, mainly. I do a bit of scripting(just learning slowly, really) but my mapping abilities are pretty terrible.

I have currently created two full projects:
Land of Darmecia
and
Legend of Astagia

The latter however is about 3 years old and it was my first finished RMVX game. It's crap, but okay for my age I suppose. The former is my newest and recently completed game.

I believe I am a good writer. I enjoy writing short stories and novels in my free time and I especially like writing plots. Sometimes in games my dialogue comes out funny but that's mostly just me rushing things.

I often write good plots but I don't flesh them out enough, and end up with very fast paced short games like Land of Darmecia.

I don't mind making games like these, I like it in fact, but recently I've been wanting to start a serious project. A project where a lot of work is put into it. But I was thinking, why start this by myself? 2 heads are always better than one, especially if that second head is a good mapper, too.

So I want to start a small team and get a game started. If this goes well we may make more games in the future, maybe even start our own website (I am very fluent in PHP and web design so that should be no problem).

What I really need is a mapper, and I suppose a composer as well.

Anyone can apply, just show an example of your work and I'll tell you what I think.

You can generally leave all eventing up to me but it would be nice to have someone to help out with the writing and dialogue.

In all honestly, I would kind of like to see some new mappers and composers apply because it would be kind of cool to make a really cool project with a team that no one knows, hahah.

So, tell me what you think and reply with an application, or just shoot me a PM.

Thanks for reading!

--------------------
Ahoy there sailor, can you do the otter dance? First you take your right flipper and you slap it on your pants. Next you take your left flipper and you catch a little fish. Then you take your little tail and you swish swish swish!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Tommo92
post Apr 5 2012, 04:47 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Coder

Hey,
I've been looking to get into a team for a while i was working scattered memories online before it died.

Heres example of my work
http://www.mediafire.com/?kv28fba1u6tnxvv
it's all event based

+Quote Post

fooder
post Apr 5 2012, 09:04 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

I'm a creative person and I am pretty good at character dialogue/story writing in general.
Just to support your vision.

Mainly I am a parallax mapper who is loving it!

I would start my own 30 hour epic but I am dedicated to music production (Not good yet)

That said, I am inspired by the settings of the psx era final fantasies 7,8,9.
and I am trying to develop a style that convoys that image to the VX medium.
I have about 5-4 hours of free time a day for mapping which is more then enough to output quality work.

Here is an example i threw up in about an hour.

Spoiler:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This post has been edited by fooder: Apr 5 2012, 09:15 PM

+Quote Post

Xyphon
post Apr 6 2012, 02:10 PM
Post #4

I only have one gear: Go!
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

QUOTE (Tommo92 @ Apr 5 2012, 01:47 PM) *
Hey,
I've been looking to get into a team for a while i was working scattered memories online before it died.

Heres example of my work
http://www.mediafire.com/?kv28fba1u6tnxvv
it's all event based

I don't really need much help with the events, sorry.
QUOTE (fooder @ Apr 5 2012, 06:04 PM) *
I'm a creative person and I am pretty good at character dialogue/story writing in general.
Just to support your vision.

Mainly I am a parallax mapper who is loving it!

I would start my own 30 hour epic but I am dedicated to music production (Not good yet)

That said, I am inspired by the settings of the psx era final fantasies 7,8,9.
and I am trying to develop a style that convoys that image to the VX medium.
I have about 5-4 hours of free time a day for mapping which is more then enough to output quality work.

Here is an example i threw up in about an hour.

Spoiler:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wow I love your work, and I too am inspired by the psx final fantasies. Do you have a way for me to contact you? (preferably skype or msn)

--------------------
Ahoy there sailor, can you do the otter dance? First you take your right flipper and you slap it on your pants. Next you take your left flipper and you catch a little fish. Then you take your little tail and you swish swish swish!

+Quote Post

goregrith666
post Apr 13 2012, 07:44 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Chaotic Good

id love to help write music,if u wanna hear what i can write,just say so and ill send some your way

--------------------
[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/28j8l1.png[img]

+Quote Post

ellopeople
post Apr 14 2012, 01:54 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Hy I am ellopeople and will help in anyway possible please just ask and if you can help me out with my project ZeXaL here is is my demo link http://www.mediafire.com/?9ruau0ffudg8k1i thanks even if don't help me out I will still just ask.

--------------------
ELLOPEOPLE

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 03:40 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.