iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Place of Many Much Music, I write stuff :3
MusicZombie0250
post Apr 5 2012, 03:00 PM
Post #1

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Neutral Good

So I made a topic in the resource section a bit ago, expecting to have so much time to write pieces for anyone to use. Well, I was very wrong. Not only does the leader of the team I'm on keep me quite busy, but so does college... that and my lappy was busted for a few weeks. So that topic is dead and gone, so I decided to make a new one in here seeing how resources won't be made as I originally thought.

To the point... I write music and would very much enjoy feedback! If the track is downloadable and you like it, by all means, use it as long as you credit me. Anything else I post is for your listening pleasure. The one I'd most like critique on now is "A Soldier's Might," which will act as a boss theme. But feel free to listen or comment on any others. Happy listening! smile.gif

http://soundcloud.com/emfb-music-1

--------------------

Spoiler:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Dudley
post Jun 21 2012, 08:45 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Coder

I happen to really enjoy Safe Haven, has a tremendous sense of rpg elements. Would you perhaps be interested in collaborating with my projects? I use the Unity3d Engine.

+Quote Post

Tom Raz
post Jul 11 2012, 02:49 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Took a listen to a your tracks and think you did a job well done.

A breakdown of what I thought of certain tracks:

Telid's Palace: I enjoyed the use of harpsichord and it's structural movement from Major to minor. I get a Baroque vibe of J.S. Bach and Handel, with a pinch of Motoi Sakuraba's town theme goodness (must be instrument samples you're using?). I enjoy the dabs of trills here and there as well the aggression during the b section (~1:19). The rolled arpeggios add flavor as well to the piece. There's excellent balance in this track and would ask you to get a live recording of this piece with acoustic instruments. It would add to your repertoire very nice of recorded pieces.

The City of Telid': Again, I hear that Motoi Sakuraba feel in this track, more on the side of Golden Sun side of things. For its function, this theme works splendidly as a town's theme, as I would recommend you to keep up the great work with this kind of approach. smile.gif

Slum of the Gilded City: Excellent choice on instrument on melody (Bassoon), as well use of pizz strings. I get a Uematsu vibe from in relation to his "Slam Shuffle ~ Zozo Theme". Catchy stuff!

Mines (Boss): Whoa! Loved this! Love the use of the Seven meter! Excellent job on the transition between sections in the track. I like what you did at the midpoint, adding a bright sounding section the transforming into those wild arpeggios (I get a Secret of Mana Boss Theme Feel) Exciting ending as well. Nicely done!

Eternity's Dance: I love the energy and explosive elements of this track--especially the buildup @0:56--which gives it that Liszt-flavor of piano playing. The only constructive criticism I can give for this piece is that to work on the crescendo to the Triple fff strong explosions. If ya work on the dynamics of such, this track will come out polished.

That's about it for feedback, as I would spend all day listing my thoughts on each track. Excellent job and keep the groove going!

Note: I'm well aware that this post is a couple of months old, but still would like to leave a feedback for the tracks. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 01:30 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.