iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question about posting in the early project feedback section., It seems a bit biased towards fantasy games.
Reinia
post Apr 7 2012, 06:36 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Unaligned

I might be over analyzing this, but when reading the rules of posting in the project feedback section I realized my game isn't "eligible" (for lack of a better word) for a few reasons:

1. There are a grand total of one character. (Technically two but he's the narrator and doesn't have a major role)
2. I could describe the one character and the plot, however the entire story revolves around finding out who this woman (you) is, as well her motivations (i.e the plot)
therefore a detailed synopsis (there is one, mind you) would spoil the mystery.

The whole point of me making a thread there would be to present the small amount of information given similarly as it is given in the game and seeing if people are actually interested in finding out more.

I sound like a fool, I know, but I just want to know if I'd have to go elsewhere for feedback. I also apologize if this is the wrong section.

--------------------
Spoiler:
In honor of THG movie, this will be my avatar. Art done by friedchicken365 and used with permission.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Pryde
post Apr 7 2012, 04:21 PM
Post #2

Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation.
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

What's wrong with a game with only one character? Dragon Warrior 1 only had one playable character. smile.gif

--------------------
OmniMech Bumper Sticker: Some Assembly Required

+Quote Post

shrikant
post Apr 16 2012, 03:34 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Coder

I might be over analyzing this, but when reading the rules of posting in the project feedback section I realized my game isn't "eligible" for a few reasons.

recurring payments

+Quote Post

BlackMuffin
post Apr 17 2012, 11:54 PM
Post #4

私は、日本語は話せません。
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

I think that there really could be an exception in this game; contact one of the staff about it, they could help you out.

--------------------
"People with Autism and other brain disorders are the most unfairly treated people in the world."- Dorian's World

Projects

+Quote Post

amerk
post Apr 20 2012, 12:27 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

QUOTE (Reinia @ Apr 7 2012, 01:36 AM) *
I might be over analyzing this, but when reading the rules of posting in the project feedback section I realized my game isn't "eligible" (for lack of a better word) for a few reasons:

1. There are a grand total of one character. (Technically two but he's the narrator and doesn't have a major role)
2. I could describe the one character and the plot, however the entire story revolves around finding out who this woman (you) is, as well her motivations (i.e the plot)
therefore a detailed synopsis (there is one, mind you) would spoil the mystery.

The whole point of me making a thread there would be to present the small amount of information given similarly as it is given in the game and seeing if people are actually interested in finding out more.

I sound like a fool, I know, but I just want to know if I'd have to go elsewhere for feedback. I also apologize if this is the wrong section.

When they are asking for characters, it doesn't have to be playable. For example, as another poster mentioned, Dragon Warrior (or Dragon Quest as it's more commonly known). Sure, one playable character, but if I were doing a character biography for a game page, I may include the hero, the king, the princess, and the Dragon Lord, as they all had important roles.

Likewise, you can provide enough info about the story without revealing the plot. You can tell us the setting, anything that may be past relevant, and a hint about what's to come.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 12:53 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.