iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> ATTENTION!

Do not post questions about Ace in this section. Any and all Ace related support should be posted in the Ace section found here.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> First things first, is this possible?, Card game combat system
semimental
post Apr 8 2012, 07:11 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer

Im building a game world for a university project (game design student) but once thats finished I really want to carry on this project to completion

is it possible to change the combat system of the game to a yugioh/magic the gathering style card game and to edit everything else that would entail into a RPG Maker VX game?

as a slight off topic, is it possible to publish RMVX games to iOS? got an ipad recently and if I could it would add a really impressive sheen to the project for the degree exhibition
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Armageddon97
post Apr 8 2012, 10:39 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Good

QUOTE (semimental @ Apr 8 2012, 03:11 PM) *
Im building a game world for a university project (game design student) but once thats finished I really want to carry on this project to completion

is it possible to change the combat system of the game to a yugioh/magic the gathering style card game and to edit everything else that would entail into a RPG Maker VX game?

as a slight off topic, is it possible to publish RMVX games to iOS? got an ipad recently and if I could it would add a really impressive sheen to the project for the degree exhibition

I would look for one of the forums that talks about skills being associated with items. You could make it so that when you have the item (card) it enables you to use a skill. You could have a picture of a monster appear (if you want it to be like Yugioh) and disappear when you use the item and then you could use common events to delete the card from your inventory, enabling you to use the skill once and then require you to get a new card. Because you don't have the item anymore, this would also remove the skill from your skill list. This would mean that the more cards you have, the more skills you can use, and when you use the skill, you can't use it again until you find another card that lets you use that skill. You could also make it so that enemies drop these cards, letting you summon them or use some of their moves. I'm not good with scripts, but I believe that if you use a script that can associate skills with weapons/items (and I'm sure there is one, 'cause I've seen a bunch of requests for one) you could certainly do this with events.

And in response to your off topic question, I don't know, but my friend had a version of rpgmaker on his psp. It wasn't as good as vx and I'm not sure if the games would be compatible, but you could certainly try that. I don't think it would work though. I would suggest requesting someone to create a way to put it on an iOS or make it a psp .eboot file after you've finished your game so that then they have something to actually use to turn into an iOS app.

I'll experiment and see if my method will work, but, in theory, it should.

+Quote Post

Virus 9
post Apr 9 2012, 01:40 AM
Post #3

Evil is a virus that spreads!
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

The IOS thing...This RPG Maker VX is for computers. It is not for other systems and I am sure it will not work on Ios or psp cause there not a Computer (Computer). Though I could be wrong I am sure that it will not work on any other things.

--------------------
EVIL RULES OVER ALL!
Spoiler:
After a great deal of a vote, I have been chosen to remain evil by the members of the forum! Now prepare for the 2nd stage of my plot!

I Support
Spoiler:

CODE
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/ftklqq.png[/img]

Building
Spoiler:

Read if New or Beginner!
Spoiler:
Are you new to RPG Maker VX or the Forum? I will help you with some simple guides to understanding.
  1. If you are new to the forum then make your introduction known to the community. Also if you are leaving us we would like to hear you there.
  2. If you have experience something wrong with this Community Forum that is not working right you can contact the staff by visiting the Feedback and Support.
  3. People like us are willing to help anyone who is having any problems with RPG Maker VX Program down here in the Support / Help Forum. We do provide some provided answers in here to read.Or you can contact RPG_Lover or Akod for help through PM.
  4. Need some new images/audios for your game? We provide a wide range for your game development needs in our Resource Showcase. We also provide if you can not find what you need a request for something.
  5. If it's scripts you need. We can help you find what functions you want to add to your games in our Complete RGSS2 Scripts! As well we provide a request if you got something else in mind you need.
  6. Got a game developed and ready to show? You can provide any Completed Games or Under Developed Games with us to get a result from the community.
  7. Now you can also relax in our Off-Discussion of RPG Maker VX.

We do have a small support for RPG Maker VX ACE here. I recommend if your starting to use RPG Maker VX to go and fix your Game_Interpreter. Make sure to follow the Community Rules and you will be OK on your way.

+Quote Post

Pryde
post Apr 9 2012, 01:28 PM
Post #4

Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation.
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I have a MacBookPro. I could experiment and see if VX will run on it. Productivity? Who needs it??? LOL

I know card games are possible because I've seen one or two made. New made a great example that works very well. You might talk with that user about how to go about it. I would personally be pretty excited to see a Magic: The Gathering rendition--particularly if you had the early sets in mind!
New's Valhalla card game

--------------------
OmniMech Bumper Sticker: Some Assembly Required

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2014 - 12:40 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.