iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Drake: Tale of a Mercenary, A tale of a man with no morals hired to slay a dragon.
Ragnarok99999
post Apr 10 2012, 02:05 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Good

"Drake: Tale of a Mercenary" was created before Drake II and is therefore inferior to it. I thought I'd still post it for those that are interested and/or bored. It's a 2-3 hour game for RPG Maker VX and it is complete and in its final version. Also, I cannot alter the game anymore because I don't have the uncompiled data anymore so it's stuck the way it is.

The Story: Drake, a mercenary, is hired to slay a dragon. He doesn't really care about the people suffering and just wants the money. There's nothing else to the story.

The game takes place on a small Island called Prism. There is 1 small town called Prism (not very surprising) and there are just a few townspeople. You can go into the final dungeon from the very beginning of the game but, you'll probably die. There are 3 other dungeons on the island that have bosses at the end. That's where you grind till you're ready to face the final boss.

There's just 1 character: Drake. You get a few abilities throughout the game to help fight those tough bosses.

The battle system is the standard one and there aren't that many extra scripts added. The ones that are added are just for aesthetics like Lite Menu and battleback script.

*Note* I made a title screen and changed the menu color... but, at the time I wasn't very good at RPG Maker VX (This was back in June) and I screwed it up so there's no change to the title screen and menu look in the downloadable version.

Drake I credits

Enterbrain: RTP package
Ragnarok99999: Story, maps, database, and events

Music
Koichi Sugiyama
Enterbrain

Scripts
Synthesize: Battle background
vixotic: Damage Pop-up
sykval: Menu Bars
Woratana: Lite Menu

Resources
Famitsu: Sprite Generator
Fox Richards: Face Generator
BTN343: Battlebackground Maker
Woratana: Windowskin Generator

Screenshots:

That's it. There really isn't much to this game since it was just my first project.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ocq22np6cjms34l

This post has been edited by Ragnarok99999: Apr 10 2012, 02:10 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 03:26 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.