iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Philosophical Question About Resource Development, or, anybody wanna join forces?
GrandmaDeb
post Apr 10 2012, 11:26 AM
Post #1

Retired
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

I have been working on a pet project.

I am not a terribly great artist or anything, but I can franken with the rest of 'em. lol

And I have an idea that I think is good and I want to pursue it and come up with a coordinated resource set.

Here's the rub: I am slow. I am dirt slow. And if I try and keep it secret, I cannot benefit from the feedback threads or anything.

PLUS---

What if I let other folks know what I was doing here and - well maybe if I let folks on our sister site know, too.
What if folks had the chance to put some resources together and make a coolio bunch of stuff. Not just one person or two peeps, but what if we kind of collaborated in a big happy mish-mash - kind of in the way the "What about Ralph" thread went?

Of course you may not like my idea at all, and then the cat is out of the bag, my secret is out there, faster spriters than I am will make stuff and make games with my ideas before I do and boo hoo! Paranoia ever besets the creative arts.

But as I thought about it, I realised that the best things we have ever done here have all been collaborative.

And this will not take master spriters or portrait wonder-producers so much as creative thinkers and some good old image editing and mapping skill and stuff. So the really talented can still help but peeps like me can still do stuff.

What say you, am I nuts? Or should we try? And should I post this on vxace.net if they will let it fly over there as well?

Your Thoughts?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Pryde
post Apr 10 2012, 12:27 PM
Post #2

Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation.
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I think this is a great idea. I'd have to work hard to sprite a rock, but....LOL
Did you have a theme in mind?

--------------------
OmniMech Bumper Sticker: Some Assembly Required

+Quote Post

BlackMuffin
post Apr 10 2012, 11:12 PM
Post #3

私は、日本語は話せません。
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Awesome. I haven't done much with RMVX in a while, so this could be good for me to catch up on what I missed. ^w^

--------------------
"People with Autism and other brain disorders are the most unfairly treated people in the world."- Dorian's World

Projects

+Quote Post

Omegas7
post Apr 11 2012, 04:07 AM
Post #4

stai sprecando il tuo tempo
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Well, if you do know what you need for your game, contact those members you know might do the job. You still run a certain risk, but it is more organized and controlled.

--------------------
Chooo Chooo

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2014 - 08:41 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.