iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> ATTENTION!

Do not post questions about Ace in this section. Any and all Ace related support should be posted in the Ace section found here.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Problem after Event - Character is gone
Gradieus
post Apr 11 2012, 03:10 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Hi everyone, this is my very first topic biggrin.gif

When I open to a new map, I set an autorun event to occur. There is the main character (Frank) and a secondary character (Rose) involved. Rose walks up to Frank using the Set Move Route. After a discussion they both walk together down the street.

However, the problem is once the event ends, Rose is gone and only Frank is left (she vanishes). I have a self switch A= ON at the end of the event followed by a Control Switches: [0001:Rose] = ON. I wish to keep Rose in the new spot where the event ends to be able to talk to her as an Action Button Trigger now, and when I leave the map and come back.

I have already made a third event page (as the first page) that is set to Action Button Trigger, but Rose dissapears after the first event and there is nothing there for Frank to talk to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Divine Justice
post Apr 11 2012, 11:27 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

The event page that it's switching to, to turn off the autorun, still needs to have an event graphic. By default, it's always empty. Simply select the same NPC graphic again and the problem will be solved.

+Quote Post

Gradieus
post Apr 11 2012, 09:04 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Hey, thanks Divine Justice, the characters are now staying in place; however, I can't interact with the character after the autorun event ends. I've tried adding more switches but nothing's been successful yet. I've added some images of the event:

Spoiler:
http://i.imgur.com/0L8N0.png

+Quote Post

The JJ
post Apr 11 2012, 09:09 PM
Post #4

TGOD
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

There's no need for a Switch, Just delete it and keep the Self-Switch. To make him interact it's simple, On the page 3 make an event like the first page of what you want him to say.

--------------------

If anyone can sprite, draw RTP portraits and make HUD's then I will pay if someone would help me with some editing, Name the price and just PM me.

+Quote Post

Gradieus
post Apr 11 2012, 10:58 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Hmmm, I'm still doing something wrong. I put the text speech on Page 3 (ahead of the autorun) and now the autorun doesn't start. The text comes up as expected though.

+Quote Post

The JJ
post Apr 11 2012, 11:56 PM
Post #6

TGOD
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Basically what you have to do is: for example, you speak to a man and he says 'oh. Go speak to Jimmy' or something like that and after the text event turn on a switch called so and so. Now on the 2nd page of the guard turn on the switch using the check box thing with the switch you turned on in the other event.

--------------------

If anyone can sprite, draw RTP portraits and make HUD's then I will pay if someone would help me with some editing, Name the price and just PM me.

+Quote Post

Gradieus
post Apr 12 2012, 03:34 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

AHA! I GOT IT!!! It all makes so much sense now, thanks DJ and JJ!

For anyone in the future wondering what I did:

On Event Page 1: (autorun)
Text
Self Switch A=ON
Control switches: [0001] = ON

Event Page 2: (autorun)

On left side, Self switch A is checkmarked

Event Page 3: (action button)

On left side, switch 0001 is on
On right side, text

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 06:45 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.