iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Note for Early Project Feedback Threads

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shards of Light, NEW DEMO! 6-7 hours long, Reviews welcome!
GoldLeo
post Apr 11 2012, 03:56 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Synopsis:
The world of Avonil is divided into 3 layers. There's Gaia, first of all. Then there's the floating islands of Primor, and the hellish underworld of Dalvet. These 3 are held in balance by the crystals of Light and Darkness. One day, somebody made a botched attempt to destroy the Crystal of Light for reasons unknown. As a result, its fragments flew all across the world. One of the shards finds its way to a girl named Autumn, who quickly finds herself in the middle of a conflict that could end in the end of the world as we know it. What starts out as a simple effort to liberate a world in the iron grip of the Paracidian Empire soon escalates into something much larger than any of the heroes can comprehend.

World Development:
Avonil, as I stated before, is split into 3 layers: Gaia, Primor, and Dalvet. The Gaia is controlled by the Paracidian Empire, more specifically by Empress Meliah Paracidia. There are 3 major races in this world: The Terrans who inhabit Gaia; The angel-like Altians who live in Primor; and the bat-winged Verkeen of Dalvet, who are victims of a racial prejudice of some description. The game starts off in a tundra to the north, and as the game works its way south, the party encounters, in this order: a mountain, grasslands, forests, a desert, and volcanic wastes. The Empire's capital is the imposing Machina City, which is a towering fortress of conveyor belts, steam vents, and other such machines. Most of the towns are simple, but others- like the town Gamburgh, for instance, have steampunk elements, and are essentially fortresses.

Character Bios:
Spoiler:
Autumn- The main protagonist of the game. After stumbling upon the crystal shard, she winds up on a journey where she discovers her unusual origins. She usually has a sincere smile and sunny disposition, but has a sarcastic side to her. She's also kind of flirty towards, and is severely aquaphobic.

Winter- Autumn's adoptive brother and longtime rival. He plays dirty and has little to no regard for others' safety, and he ends up joining the Empire just to prove his superiority over his sister. He talks tough, and uses his position to threaten others, but in reality he's a coward, pure and simple.

Valden- A rogue knight and leader of a resistance movement against the Empire. He's no-nonsense and aggressive, but suprisingly persuasive. He hates talking about the past, be it his or someone else's, seeing as how the past is usually a touchy subject. He has a bit of a soft spot for Autumn and is often protective of her, and he seems to be looking for revenge on something.

Phantom- A master thief and one of the last of the Blue Magi. He's quiet, but when he does say something, it's usually either quick and to the point or deadpan sarcastic. He is incredibly annoyed by Autumn's crushing on him, and is naturally stoic and distrustful of others.

Charon- A Verkeen youth who's none too happy about the bad name her race has. She is full-on sarcastic, and is also arrogant thanks to her magical abilities. She's a very capable mage, though, so she may have a right to be. She's often opposed to teamwork, only taking part in it when absolutely necessary.

Jewel- One of the Geomancers, a group of people who can communicate with the world's life energy to predict the future. She's easily the most level-headed of the group, but she can be a little too trusting at times. Thanks to her abilities, though, she's remarkably intelligent, but she's also very shy.

Skye- An extremely amateur ninja. Much like Charon, he's cocky, but he's all talk and no action. Despite this, he often goes to great lengths to prove himself, and when the situaton calls for it, his agile movement can be a great asset in a battle. Despite his arrogance, he has a heart of gold and is respectful to others, but just doesn't know when to swallow his pride.

Sydney- Experienced airship pilot for the Empire. She's constantly refined the Empire's one and only flagship, the Bahamut, and is excellent with tools. However, she's generally clueless as to what's going on at the time, and like Skye, has the tendency to not put her money where her mouth is.

Meliah- The oppressive leader of the Paracidian Empire. Nobody knows why she's suddenly tightened her grip on the world. The most common theory is that the pressure she had as a child to be a good ruler is finally starting to get to her, but in any case, she's hunting down the crystal shards for her own ends.

Vexus- Second-in-command to Meliah. Being experienced in swordcraft as well as magic, he's practically infallible, physically anyway. Mentally, he has a screw loose, but he retains enough sanity to enforce the law with extreme prejudice, and is all too eager to hunt down the shards.

Blind- An imperial scientist working alongside Vexus. He's pretty much your run-of-the-mill mad scientist archetype: Brilliant, insane, loud, and cruel. Why he constantly hangs out with Vexus is a question nobody can answer. All anybody knows is that it's mostly scientific...

Axford- A Verkeen gambler and owner of the Gamburgh Battle Arena. Despite being a gambler, he's a man of his word, but that doesn't stop him from being on the wrong side of things now and then. In his own words, his only true allegience is to the highest bidder.

Tetramage- An enigmatic wizard working for the empire. He has multiple-personality disorder based on what element of magic he's in the mood to use.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?f33hj71vf5i6433

Scripts by:
Mr. Bubble (Side-View Battle)
Prexus (Party Switcher)
Usable Items (Mr. Anonymous)
Targeting Extend (By CrimsonSeas)
Battle Stats (Yanfly)
Compatability (Rhidian)

Music by Square Enix

This is my first game and it probably won't be very interesting, I'll try to do better on future projects. It's also probably going to be rather short, around 12 hours tops.

UPDATE: NEW DEMO!!!!

This post has been edited by GoldLeo: Jul 13 2013, 02:02 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Pepperkat
post Apr 12 2012, 12:47 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Spriter

Seeems like a cool game, sign me up for the demo tongue.gif

+Quote Post

GoldLeo
post Apr 24 2012, 03:11 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

My homework is setting me back a little, but I have completed a few of the layouts. The facesets will be added soon. I've completed a full synopsis of the story, and I may upload it to this thread for input, although there will be spoilers.

+Quote Post

GoldLeo
post Jun 16 2012, 09:31 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Production Update! I have completed another layout, and after I fine-tune some stuff, I will upload a demo. Just a little bit more time before the demo's up, I swear!

+Quote Post

Akod
post Jun 19 2012, 05:39 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I just read about the game and from the sound of it this game is gonna be really interesting. I like the synopsis, except the part about attacking the crystal is a bit unoriginal. The characters are of a good variety, too. I can't wait for the demo! I'll be keeping my eye on your game.

This post has been edited by Akod: Jun 19 2012, 05:35 PM

--------------------

Having issues eventing something? Feel free to send me a message and I will see what I can do!

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

GoldLeo
post Jun 20 2012, 03:12 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

I have decided to omit Rosetta from the game. I apologize.

P.S. The plot is a bit cliche, but there are a few twists near the end.

This post has been edited by GoldLeo: Jun 20 2012, 03:19 AM

+Quote Post

GoldLeo
post Jun 23 2012, 02:54 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

The first demo is up!

+Quote Post

GoldLeo
post Aug 19 2012, 12:35 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Sorry about the lack of updates, but the next demo is nearly finished! Also, the Fanuma have been renamed to the Altians, as a friend of mine (who I bounce all my ideas off of) said it didn't sound like a very good name. Sorry for the confusion. Also, I:
-Added some more BGM
-Refined some of the dialogue
-Gave the characters more personality
-And added a bit more backstory regarding the Empire.

Stay tuned for partial excitement!

+Quote Post

GoldLeo
post Sep 7 2012, 02:30 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

I have uploaded a new demo! Enjoy, and feel free to leave any feedback you may have. I may have made a few oversights.

+Quote Post

GoldLeo
post Jan 12 2013, 04:55 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

I am SO sorry about the lack of updating. Here's what will be in the next one:
-Completely reworked equipment sets
-Dualwielding
-Rewritten dialogue
-More gameplay past the previous endpoint
-Edited sprites
-And more!

Expect it in a week or two.

+Quote Post

GoldLeo
post Mar 2 2013, 01:21 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

THE NEW DEMO IS NOW UP!

This demo adds new gameplay mechanics to the mix!

PLEASE REVIEW

Edit: I forgot to put NPC's in one of the later towns. Sorry 'bout that.

Edit 2: ANOTHER HUGE ISSUE! I accidentally made Phantom's equipment fixed. I fixed it now! SORRY!

This post has been edited by GoldLeo: Mar 2 2013, 03:05 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 11:06 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.