iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Problem with Wortana's fog
Mustaklaki
post Apr 12 2012, 12:41 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Unaligned

So yeah, basically whenever I try to load a save file 2 hours into my game, this shows up.

Spoiler:

I created these maps, tested them, saved, and THEN a few days later put the fog script in. When I try to load the files, it doesn't load and that error comes up and the game closes.

I'm not sure if it's because I'd saved before putting the fog events in, but it seems that doing so corrupted all my save files. The areas I'd saved in aren't even in areas with fog.

So does anyone know why this is happening? It seems really weird. These save games existed before I even inserted Wortana's fog into my script editor.

Any help is appreciated as to why this is the way it is.

--------------------

My epic game. Put this in your siggy if you support it! It's demo was just heavily updated, check it out!
CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=54628"][img]http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa100/moepippy/ISupport.png[/img][/url]

Spoiler:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fall From Eden
post Apr 13 2012, 04:34 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Well, that's because you added the multiple fogs script after creating the saved games. The script adds mulfog_name to $game_map, but those save files don't have mulfog_name defined because the script didn't exist when the game was saved. You load the game, and it loads $game_map, but $game_map does not have mulfog_name. As such, $game_map.mulfog_name is "nil," and there's no method called "each_index" for nil, causing your error.

Basically, the script should be absolutely fine. As a general rule, though, scripts will cause problems with save files that were saved before the script was added. It should load fine if you start a new game and save it from there.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 01:01 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.