iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> ATTENTION!

Do not post questions about Ace in this section. Any and all Ace related support should be posted in the Ace section found here.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Game script Advice, Advice on writing a story for a game
abnormal
post Apr 12 2012, 12:31 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

I'm considering on making a game with RMVX and need advice on making/writing the script for it before I go off and make it.
Any you can give me?
Note: If there's any software packages you use to help plan scripts or stories for your games, let me know what they're called.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Manaphy
post Apr 13 2012, 03:32 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Evil

For planning stories? I just use Microsoft Word. You can import pictures and all that.

And stories are from your own imagination. ^^ If you need advice on organization, try reading up some writing tutorials in the "Tutorials" subforum. Or anywhere, really. tongue.gif

--------------------

"In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love."

+Quote Post

Virus 9
post Apr 13 2012, 11:44 PM
Post #3

Evil is a virus that spreads!
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

I am all about coming up with ideas and I know if I write the story for you then none of the people will really respect you unless I was a worker of yours. But I am allowed to give good advice. I been writing stories none stop (Where some times I wish I could.) if your having a hard time coming up with a story idea just relax cause I learn those who try hard fail to write a good story. Let your mind lose and start with the basic of things. What is your story going to be about? Also you can read some books, watch some videos, also play some games to help unlock your imagination. That's what I do in these times. You would be surprise how easy making stories are when you don't push it and come up with a idea you like. Make how it goes and what everyone do in your story. If you want any help in writing your story though I am always open bored waiting for a job to do. Even though I have tons of jobs on my hand I am still bored and I would help as much as I can. Here is a good thing to ask yourself.

What am I? (I would love to hear your answer.)

Remember that a story is your world to rule over. If you can't make a story though how would you make a game at all? Since there both alike. The skills we have are used to create our own world and what will your world be like? Do you even have a world in mind or is it a void waiting for a big bang to happen? (Just so everyone know I am not a believer in the Big Bang theory.) Cause if you are waiting for that to happen it will never come so you better get writing on a story idea. But I would be if any time be willing to help you get started and you can ask yourself all these question as I learn that it helps in making a story.
Spoiler:
What is your story about?
Is there a purpose in it?
What are my character's name?
What type of story will be it?
Were is my pickle?
Who is the main person in it?
Were does it begin and end?
What would the characters look like?
What will the main character do?
Who ate my pickle?
What will happen to the Main Character?
Why does RPG_Lover ask about Pickles?

I hope that this was helpful and that you have a fun time on your story. Remember that your imagination is as big as you want it. There is no limit to your imagination so there is no limit to your story idea. Just stop putting a cage on yourself and you will see things more clearly and soon make stories like there is no tomorrow. Cause there will be no tomorrow when I make you part of my collection!

--------------------
EVIL RULES OVER ALL!
Spoiler:
After a great deal of a vote, I have been chosen to remain evil by the members of the forum! Now prepare for the 2nd stage of my plot!

I Support
Spoiler:

CODE
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/ftklqq.png[/img]

Building
Spoiler:

Read if New or Beginner!
Spoiler:
Are you new to RPG Maker VX or the Forum? I will help you with some simple guides to understanding.
  1. If you are new to the forum then make your introduction known to the community. Also if you are leaving us we would like to hear you there.
  2. If you have experience something wrong with this Community Forum that is not working right you can contact the staff by visiting the Feedback and Support.
  3. People like us are willing to help anyone who is having any problems with RPG Maker VX Program down here in the Support / Help Forum. We do provide some provided answers in here to read.Or you can contact RPG_Lover or Akod for help through PM.
  4. Need some new images/audios for your game? We provide a wide range for your game development needs in our Resource Showcase. We also provide if you can not find what you need a request for something.
  5. If it's scripts you need. We can help you find what functions you want to add to your games in our Complete RGSS2 Scripts! As well we provide a request if you got something else in mind you need.
  6. Got a game developed and ready to show? You can provide any Completed Games or Under Developed Games with us to get a result from the community.
  7. Now you can also relax in our Off-Discussion of RPG Maker VX.

We do have a small support for RPG Maker VX ACE here. I recommend if your starting to use RPG Maker VX to go and fix your Game_Interpreter. Make sure to follow the Community Rules and you will be OK on your way.

+Quote Post

abnormal
post Apr 14 2012, 10:15 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Thanks a lot for the advice, rpg_Lover. You are right about the "imagination is the limit" aspect of game development.

+Quote Post

Manaphy
post Apr 14 2012, 06:34 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Evil

You're welcome.

--------------------

"In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love."

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 08:33 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.