iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> ATTENTION!

Do not post questions about Ace in this section. Any and all Ace related support should be posted in the Ace section found here.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Always have the same sprite walking on the map, Even if not the party leader
TheDrifter
post Apr 15 2012, 06:16 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: True Neutral

Hi everyone,

In most games, the main character can't be removed from the party during battle.

I'd like to be able to remove my protagonist from the party, but while still keeping his sprite on the map.

When I remove him from my party, the character you walk as on the map changes, and I don't want that.
However, I still want to be able to manually change the sprite for cut-scenes, as sometimes it needs to be invisible.

I thought about setting the same sprite for each character, but I need theirs during battle and in the party changer.

I use KGC_LargeParty

Thanks a lot!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Pryde
post Apr 15 2012, 08:26 PM
Post #2

Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation.
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Wow. You might need a custom script for that. A blank character in the party would still show in the menu screen and in battle, and changing the leader's sprite would show in battle. Could you provide a little more detail? What purpose does the missing character serve?

--------------------
OmniMech Bumper Sticker: Some Assembly Required

+Quote Post

TheDrifter
post Apr 15 2012, 10:32 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: True Neutral

QUOTE (Pryde @ Apr 15 2012, 09:26 PM) *
Wow. You might need a custom script for that. A blank character in the party would still show in the menu screen and in battle, and changing the leader's sprite would show in battle. Could you provide a little more detail? What purpose does the missing character serve?

Thanks, I'll look for the script section.

In my project, you can change your party at any time, even during battle. Just like in Final Fantasy X.
I don't want to have to "lock" the main character and force people to use him every battle.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 04:52 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.