iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How do you make NPC's appear and disappear?
Dorothy-Chan
post Jul 23 2012, 04:02 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Writer

What I mean is, like, have an NPC Witch flash in, say something, and then flash out...

Another question~ How do you make NPC's leave rooms?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Akod
post Jul 23 2012, 04:38 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

First off, this is not the correct forum, you should have posted this in Support/Help sub-forum.

To make a person appear:

1. Make an event.
2. Have the first page of the even have no graphic.
3. Have the second page have the graphic of the person you want to appear. Have the event switch from page one to page two to cause the person to appear.
4. Create a third page that has no graphic. Have the event switch from page two to page three to cause the person to disappear.

To make a person leave a room:

1. Give the person a move route to where the exit he/she will leave through.
2. When the person gets there, have the event go from the current event page to another one with no graphic. This will cause the person to disappear, giving the impression that they have left the room.

If you would like me to make you a demo to better explain this, feel free to ask!

--------------------

Having issues eventing something? Feel free to send me a message and I will see what I can do!

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Dorothy-Chan
post Jul 23 2012, 04:50 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (Akod @ Jul 22 2012, 11:38 PM) *
First off, this is not the correct forum, you should have posted this in Support/Help sub-forum.

To make a person appear:

1. Make an event.
2. Have the first page of the even have no graphic.
3. Have the second page have the graphic of the person you want to appear. Have the event switch from page one to page two to cause the person to appear.
4. Create a third page that has no graphic. Have the event switch from page two to page three to cause the person to disappear.

To make a person leave a room:

1. Give the person a move route to where the exit he/she will leave through.
2. When the person gets there, have the event go from the current event page to another one with no graphic. This will cause the person to disappear, giving the impression that they have left the room.

If you would like me to make you a demo to better explain this, feel free to ask!

My apologies for posting this in the wrong spot, I wasn't really paying attention...
Can I please ask for a demo for the appearing and disappearing NPC? Thank you.

+Quote Post

Akod
post Jul 23 2012, 05:26 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Here is the demo! All you have to do is take the bag of money and it turns on the Control Switch that causes the witch to appear and eventually disappear. I also added screen flashes for effect, but they are not needed.

Demo Link

--------------------

Having issues eventing something? Feel free to send me a message and I will see what I can do!

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Indra
post Aug 6 2012, 12:28 PM
Post #5

Typo Queen
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Moved. Please watch where you post peeps.

--------------------
Nowadays I'm in perpetual development hell. Shoot me a PM if you need something.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 07:11 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.