iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Note for Tutorial Threads

New threads (tutorials) here will go into a moderation queue. You will not see your thread appear when you create it. A moderator will decide if it will be approved or denied.

25 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RPG Maker VX School, Many lessons in the playable project, practice events
Rating 5 V
The Puzzle Dude
post Mar 30 2012, 03:14 PM
Post #441

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

COMMENT REMOVED

This post has been edited by The Puzzle Dude: Mar 30 2012, 03:14 PM

--------------------
I moved to VX ACE and their forums
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Smileyfangs15
post Apr 5 2012, 03:05 AM
Post #442

Group Icon

Hello biggrin.gif, I just want to thank you for having the time to make such a great tutorial ^^.

I just want to say that the variables fix link is broken, the link redirects me to "rpgmakervx.net" and not "rpgmakervx.net/variables-fix" I hope it gets fixed, thanks in advance wink.gif

+Quote Post

Tubey
post Apr 21 2012, 06:00 PM
Post #443

Group Icon

Type: Writer

I have to also add my thanks for this - it literally helped me get off the ground alone when I was swamped trying to learn the program. So a big thanks from me.

Smileyfangs15 - I may be wrong, but here's a link to that Variables fix - http://rpghq.18.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=86 - If that's not the right fix I apologise but I think it is.

+Quote Post

LeCricket
post May 10 2012, 12:59 PM
Post #444

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

I just wanted to take a minute to say thanks for putting the time and effort into this tutorial. smile.gif I had some knowledge of using the program before, but not in the many adverse ways that you explained during the game. Overall, it's by far the best tutorial I've seen anywhere for anything, and now I'm able to start creating my own game. Thank you. smile.gif

--------------------
-It's not a matter of if I'm allowed. It's more a matter of who's going to stop me! :D-

+Quote Post

GrandmaDeb
post May 10 2012, 04:05 PM
Post #445

Retired
Group Icon

QUOTE (Smileyfangs15 @ Apr 4 2012, 11:05 PM) *
Hello biggrin.gif, I just want to thank you for having the time to make such a great tutorial ^^.

I just want to say that the variables fix link is broken, the link redirects me to "rpgmakervx.net" and not "rpgmakervx.net/variables-fix" I hope it gets fixed, thanks in advance wink.gif

from the WIKI:
Something is wrong with my variables. They don't work right. How do I fix this?
scherzo says: Assuming you know what you are doing with variables, there may be a bug with your Game_Interpreter script. Use ERZENGEL's updated Game_Interpreter script found here for now http://www.mediafire.com/?mbnmbqfzxc4 - Game_Interpreter in text file
How can I permanently make this change?
You do not make a change to the software directly. You must make this change in a game you create first.
1.) Go grab the Game_Interpreter script in text file
2.) Create a new game. Go into the script editor (on the toolbar, it looks like a pencil and paper). On the left-hand side you will see Game_Interpreter in the list of scripts. Click it to bring it up.
3.) In another window, open the file you downloaded. Choose Edit > Select all and Edit > Copy to select the whole 1660 lines in notepad. Then select the 1660 lines of text the script editor (CTRL+A works well). Then paste. Save your game.
4.) Open the folder with the project (one you just created and added a script into), and find this: Scripts.rvdata in the Data folder 5.) Copy Scripts.rvdata
6.) Go to the RPGVX\Systems\Data
7.) Paste Scripts.rvdata in here. It'll ask you if it should be overwritten. Say yes. You have now made permanent changes to your Scripts.rvdata file, meaning you will not need to add the fixed Game_Interpreter script to any new projects you create.

--------------------

+Quote Post

kennx
post May 24 2012, 05:50 AM
Post #446

Group Icon

Type: Musician

I was wondering if anyone can tell me why when I save. Then quit the game. Then come back later to play it. The events I already did before the save are back. Help me out tongue.gif

+Quote Post

GrandmaDeb
post May 24 2012, 09:49 AM
Post #447

Retired
Group Icon

kennx, this question should be posted as a new topic in the help/ support section.

but if you take the school, you will learn =]

--------------------

+Quote Post

kennx
post May 25 2012, 12:35 AM
Post #448

Group Icon

Type: Musician

QUOTE (GrandmaDeb @ May 24 2012, 04:49 AM) *
kennx, this question should be posted as a new topic in the help/ support section.

but if you take the school, you will learn =]

I made a event to have one of characters join the party, and then put a Erase event in the event. Then saved and reloaded the game from my save point and the event is back. The character is still in my party but repeats the event. I couldnt find anything in the school about this and how to make events stay gone even after you save.

UPDATE
** I think I figured it out, it keeps it all right shutting down and starting back up unless you make any type of edit, then you're saved game will make all events pop up again. **

This post has been edited by kennx: May 25 2012, 03:31 AM

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Jun 22 2012, 05:54 PM
Post #449

Master Eventer, Novice scripter, pathetic spriter
Group Icon

Can you make a Diamond section in practice events? None of the events in the Platinum section are hard for me to make.
P.S. Do you mind if I use your Icons to make my own Practice Events?

This post has been edited by jesse120: Jun 25 2012, 03:21 PM

--------------------
I might not post anything for a while, but I am still here, watching. You may not see me, but I see you.
Still taking event requests. Still watching topics. I will see comments to my posts and respond.
I will probably not update any of my scripts for a while.

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
Need an unusual event call me and i might be able to make it
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests
search number 10519195120
Please don't put this number on any of your own posts or topics
note: the search number will be on any post I make to aid in searching by author. If I forget to put it on a topic please notify me.

I will try to check any posts/PMs around 7:30 AM, 3:00 PM, and after 6 PM most days (time in Pacific Time)

The ultimate video game

Legend of, Elder, Fear, of Fabled, Fallout, Call, of Modern, Gears, of Halo, Metal, Ghost, Assassin, Mass, Homicide, Fantasy, 5
That stands for
Legend of Zelda, Elder Scrolls, ?????, Fable, Fallout, Call of Duty, Modern Warfare, Gears of War, Halo, Metal Gears, Ghost Recon, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Auto Homicide, Final Fantasy, 5
Let me know if you want a game added to the list

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, believe he is the only way to heaven, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

habyunghun
post Jun 25 2012, 08:47 PM
Post #450

Group Icon

This will be perfect for my brother's friend!He really isn't doing good in his game.
Thanks for such an AWESOME THING!

QUOTE (kennx @ May 24 2012, 07:35 PM) *
I made a event to have one of characters join the party, and then put a Erase event in the event. Then saved and reloaded the game from my save point and the event is back. The character is still in my party but repeats the event. I couldnt find anything in the school about this and how to make events stay gone even after you save.

UPDATE
** I think I figured it out, it keeps it all right shutting down and starting back up unless you make any type of edit, then you're saved game will make all events pop up again. **

Instead of doing ERASE EVENT,do Self Control Switch: A=ON,make a second Event Page,go to conditions,and check mark Self Control Switch.
So it should look like this:
Attached File  1.png ( 71.58K ) Number of downloads: 2

Attached File  2.png ( 69.59K ) Number of downloads: 1

This post has been edited by habyunghun: Jul 1 2012, 01:57 AM

--------------------

Need Helps on RMVX?:

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

My Tutorials:

+Quote Post

rafalon
post Aug 10 2012, 12:24 PM
Post #451

Group Icon

Type: Coder

Hi! I new on this forum and I have a problem running the tutorial. I have RPG Maker VX Ace (RGSS 3). I found RGSS 2 dll and I paste this into tutorial folder, but message window show me this: IMAGE

What I supposed to do?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Akod
post Aug 10 2012, 06:02 PM
Post #452

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

QUOTE (rafalon @ Aug 10 2012, 07:24 AM) *
Hi! I new on this forum and I have a problem running the tutorial. I have RPG Maker VX Ace (RGSS 3). I found RGSS 2 dll and I paste this into tutorial folder, but message window show me this: IMAGE

What I supposed to do?

That is because everything on this site is RGSS2. This is a site for VX, not ACE. You should try our sister site for ACE found here.

--------------------

Having issues eventing something? Feel free to send me a message and I will see what I can do!

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

The-o
post Aug 23 2012, 08:53 PM
Post #453

At least he's looked like me a little :p
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

[F2] Notice someone familiar.. it's GrandmaDeb hehe, it's kind of.. funny tongue.gif

Oh yeah, because I'm still new. What's that 'Warn: (0%) [][][][][]' thing?

This post has been edited by The-o: Aug 23 2012, 09:11 PM

--------------------
Open to see the content inside this spoiler
Spoiler:
Try again
Spoiler:
Try again
Spoiler:
Can't you just give up??
Spoiler:
Okay, okay.. Here it is
Spoiler:
I Support--

Spoiler:
Happy now?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I hate you!

Joking..

My Just-for-fun project and currently working on:
Spoiler:

My bad, ugly signature..
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Akod
post Aug 23 2012, 09:33 PM
Post #454

Group Icon

QUOTE (The-o @ Aug 23 2012, 02:53 PM) *
Oh yeah, because I'm still new. What's that 'Warn: (0%) [][][][][]' thing?

The warn level is there if you do something bad. If you did something that pushed or broke the rules and a moderator or admin notices it, they will either give you a verbal warning, suspend you, or increase your warn level, depending on how serious the offense was. If your warn level hits 40% you will get suspended for a week, if it hits 70% a month, and 100% permanently.

--------------------

Having issues eventing something? Feel free to send me a message and I will see what I can do!

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

The-o
post Aug 23 2012, 09:42 PM
Post #455

Group Icon

QUOTE (Akod @ Aug 23 2012, 09:33 PM) *
If your warn level hits 40% you will get suspended for a week, if it hits 70% a month, and 100% permanently.

A-ah.. The admins here sure is scary, eh?

--------------------
Spoiler:
Try again
Spoiler:
Try again
Spoiler:
Can't you just give up??
Spoiler:
Okay, okay.. Here it is
Spoiler:
I Support--

Spoiler:
Happy now?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I hate you!

Joking..

Spoiler:

My bad, ugly signature..
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

lightspeed15
post Aug 23 2012, 11:11 PM
Post #456

Dope
Group Icon

Type: Artist

QUOTE (The-o @ Aug 23 2012, 06:42 PM) *
A-ah.. The admins here sure is scary, eh?

No not all. As long as you obey all the rules you'll be fine. They are all really nice and helpful. They don't bite tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

The-o
post Aug 31 2012, 07:55 PM
Post #457

Group Icon

QUOTE (lightspeed15 @ Aug 23 2012, 11:11 PM) *
No not all. As long as you obey all the rules you'll be fine. They are all really nice and helpful. They don't bite tongue.gif

Oh.. I think they DO bite.. unsure.gif

--------------------
Spoiler:
Try again
Spoiler:
Try again
Spoiler:
Can't you just give up??
Spoiler:
Okay, okay.. Here it is
Spoiler:
I Support--

Spoiler:
Happy now?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I hate you!

Joking..

Spoiler:

My bad, ugly signature..
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Akod
post Aug 31 2012, 08:19 PM
Post #458

Group Icon

QUOTE (The-o @ Aug 31 2012, 02:55 PM) *
Oh.. I think they DO bite.. unsure.gif

The admins don't bite, the mods do. biggrin.gif

--------------------

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Virus 9
post Sep 1 2012, 01:08 PM
Post #459

Evil is a virus that spreads!
Group Icon

Type: Writer

*crunch* *crunch* *crunch*

It is very dangerous to cause trouble.

--------------------
EVIL RULES OVER ALL!
Spoiler:
After a great deal of a vote, I have been chosen to remain evil by the members of the forum! Now prepare for the 2nd stage of my plot!

I Support
Spoiler:

CODE
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/ftklqq.png[/img]

Building
Spoiler:

Read if New or Beginner!
Spoiler:
Are you new to RPG Maker VX or the Forum? I will help you with some simple guides to understanding.
  1. If you are new to the forum then make your introduction known to the community. Also if you are leaving us we would like to hear you there.
  2. If you have experience something wrong with this Community Forum that is not working right you can contact the staff by visiting the Feedback and Support.
  3. People like us are willing to help anyone who is having any problems with RPG Maker VX Program down here in the Support / Help Forum. We do provide some provided answers in here to read.Or you can contact RPG_Lover or Akod for help through PM.
  4. Need some new images/audios for your game? We provide a wide range for your game development needs in our Resource Showcase. We also provide if you can not find what you need a request for something.
  5. If it's scripts you need. We can help you find what functions you want to add to your games in our Complete RGSS2 Scripts! As well we provide a request if you got something else in mind you need.
  6. Got a game developed and ready to show? You can provide any Completed Games or Under Developed Games with us to get a result from the community.
  7. Now you can also relax in our Off-Discussion of RPG Maker VX.

We do have a small support for RPG Maker VX ACE here. I recommend if your starting to use RPG Maker VX to go and fix your Game_Interpreter. Make sure to follow the Community Rules and you will be OK on your way.

+Quote Post

The-o
post Sep 5 2012, 01:40 PM
Post #460

Group Icon

QUOTE (RPG_Lover @ Sep 1 2012, 01:08 PM) *
*crunch* *crunch* *crunch*

It is very dangerous to cause trouble.

blink.gif *Sweat*.. Wow! You're biting!

... Teach me how to bite~ smile.gif

QUOTE (Akod @ Aug 31 2012, 08:19 PM) *
The admins don't bite, the mods do. biggrin.gif

Yup, they DO bite dry.gif
RPG_Lover showed me.

but aren't you also mods
that means.. you're biting too?!..
COOL!!

This post has been edited by The-o: Sep 5 2012, 01:52 PM

--------------------
Spoiler:
Try again
Spoiler:
Try again
Spoiler:
Can't you just give up??
Spoiler:
Okay, okay.. Here it is
Spoiler:
I Support--

Spoiler:
Happy now?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I hate you!

Joking..

Spoiler:

My bad, ugly signature..
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 01:07 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.