iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Note for Tutorial Threads

New threads (tutorials) here will go into a moderation queue. You will not see your thread appear when you create it. A moderator will decide if it will be approved or denied.

25 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RPG Maker VX School, Many lessons in the playable project, practice events
Rating 5 V
Aindra
post Oct 21 2008, 05:55 AM
Post #1

• Inactive
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

Download the school project, and play it to learn some lessons.

Download the practice events and try your best with making the events!
To get better, you will have to practice and practice.

Information about the Projects
Spoiler:

School Project
Spoiler:
Introduction
Hello! Welcome to Rpg Maker VX School. You can use the school project to learn how to do stuff in your program. Check the "Covered Lessons" to see what the subjects are explained in the school.

It is recommended that you take a look at the events' processes in the Editor mode. I included the comments for you. If you wish to be able play the demo, and view the editor at same time. You can create two copies of the same school project. You can play the game on #1 Project, and view the event contents on #2 Project. Long as your computer is good enough to handle that.

Covered lessons:

• Basic Lessons
    New users should start with this lessons. I didn't cover everything, just ones that I think is important for new users to know. For rest, you will have to find out on your own by playing around in the program.
    [list]
  • Loop & Label & Exit Event Processing
  • Import Scripts & Resources
  • Movements
  • Choices Options
  • Event Priority
  • Screen & Weather Effects
  • Event Triggers
  • Save & Menu & Enemy Encounters Disable/Enable
  • Name Input Processing
  • Shop & Items
  • Set Event Location
  • Common Events
  • Battles
  • Medium Lessons
    • Conditional branches
    • Timer
  • Advanced Lessons
    • Self-switches
    • Switches
    • Variables
  • Basement and Few Tips
    • Play-test tools
    • Change the Font and Font Size, Message's back opacity
    • See Game_Interpreter visuals for the variable bugfix
    • Difference between $picture, !picture, etc.
    • Quick Creation Tools
    • Change terms (such as G into Rupees) in the Database and Vocab script
    • Comments
    • Use Helpfile

• Uncovered Lessons:

• How to use the Database = (I'll only explain very few of them, but not much)
    • How to create the maps = (There are already fantastic tutorials that covers the mapping.)
      • Screenshot Ego Stroke
        Many mappers take the screenshots of their maps and release it in that topic. You can view them to see what they did, and learn the tricks and tips.
      • Tutorial Mastert List
        Look under the Mapping category. You can click on any link under there to learn about mapping.

Practice Events Project
    Spoiler:
    Introduction
    So you want to create the events? You can use the Practice Events to, well, practice with your eventing skills. It's more for people that want to challenge themselves with the events, and get better.

I filled it up with the maps, items, boring teleport warps, everything except the events. That way, you can get right into fun stuff - eventing.

You do not have to do all of the section tests! You can find ones that you think will be useful for your game, or ones you want to learn how to event. If you run into a problem with Practice Events (Not sure how to do this part), you can post in this topic. I (or others) can provide our help with your practice events.

Section Levels
    • Bronze Section - Easiest level. Some events here require the conditional branches.
    • Silver Section - Easy level. This has new additions. You will have to use self-switches and switches.
    • Gold Section - Medium level. This has a new addition. You will have to use variables.
    • Platinum Section - Hard level. This has no new additions but it can be confusing if you don't know what you are doing. (only do this if you think you can handle it)

Practice Events FAQs
    Q. I can't play the practice events. It's giving me "Player start location not set." error.
    You will need to set the player's starting location first. Pick the map you want to do. Click on [EV] so you can switch to the event mode, if you haven't. Right-click on the map. Click on "Set as Starting Position", and click on "Player." It will create the starting location for the player to appear when you start the game.

The practice events is not the game where you can just download and play. You will have to do most work here. You have to set up the events and such.

Q. I want to send you some of my tests in the Practice Events project but I don't know how?
    I am no longer accepting the practice events now. Please do not send them to me. If you have some problems with your practice events, you can post it in this topic asking for assistance. I or other posters can provide the help. A reason for this change is I'm very busy lately.

Help & FAQs
    Spoiler:
    Fake FAQs
    Q. I downloaded the school and/or practice events, but I can't open them. They have ".zip" at end of the folder. How do I open them?
    A: You will need the program that can extract the files from the zipped folder. The popular programs are WinRAR (my favourite), or WinZIP. You can install one of them. Once you are finished with installation, you can right-click on the zipped folder. Click on "Extract here" and it will put the school or practice events project out of the zipped folder. You can then remove the zipped folder since you no longer need it. You can also double-click on the zipped folder, and it will open the window. From there, you can transfer the files to another folder. It's up to you to decide which method you want to use.

Q. I need some help. It is about school project, practice events, or events in general. How can I get some help?
    A. You have several options:
    • Ask in RPG Maker VX Support / Help topic (usually quickest way to get help)
    • Talk to us in the IRC chat room (also good way to get a quick help, if we're active.)
    • Post in this topic (It must be about the school project, or practice events.)
    • PM me if you're shy or don't want the public to see your post. We can talk about it in the PMs.
    Q. What is the IRC chat room?
    A. It is where people type and send instant messages in the chat. We (people on the forums) go online in the IRC, and you can talk to us. If you want some help, you can go into #rmvxdev to see us. You can ask any questions, and we'll try our best to answer and help you.

More information about the IRC, what IRC client you should get, and how to connect to the IRC:
    IRC Master Thread

Bugged Variable Script --- Variable Fix Link
    The Game_Interpreter script that comes with the Rpg Maker VX is bugged. The variables will not work properly. You will need to update your Game_Interpreter script with the fixed script. You can also take a look in the school, and at the basement. There is a person that will tell you where is the Game_Interpreter script, if you need the visuals.

Support School
    If you want to support the school project, you can copy / paste this code into your signature. It will show the school picture bar at bottom of your post. (Like mine) You're not required to do this, don't worry about it. happy.gif
    HTML
    [url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=5704"][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a228/Aindra/RPGVX/AIN_RMVX_School_Bar.png[/img][/url]

looks like this!

Credits
    [Beta-Tester] Prof|Meow|Meow
    [Beta-Tester] Jeff
    [Beta-Tester] Macys_Hero
    [Script] Character's Textbox by Woratana (used as an example in the project)
    [Graphics] Community Sprites & Faces (except the cat face. That's mine.)
    [Graphics] Everything else is made by your truly, Aindra. (not counting the default RTPs, of course)

This post has been edited by GrandmaDeb: Oct 3 2013, 01:42 PM

--------------------

Award & To-Do List & Status
    Spoiler:

To-Do List
    1. Custom List & Pages 2.0 Version
      Contains few bugs that I don't quite know how to fix. Am taking time to study and figure how to fix them, so it takes time. (I'm still a rookie scripter.)
    2. Surprise Graphic Package #1
    3. Surprise Graphic Package #2

To Do List - At Lowest Priority
    New version of RPG School Maker. I originally planned to make a new version back in July 2009 but it fell apart due to teammates disappearing. Maybe I'll take it up again when my knowledge of RGSS2 improves. I had to include this in here because I've been asked often for it.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

SilentBackstabbe...
    post Oct 21 2008, 11:47 AM
    Post #2

Sejourner
    Group Icon

This is the place where i'll redirect newbie from now on! Definitely one of the most complete eventing tutorial out there.

I really like how you explain different aspect of eventing while backing your whole explanation with imageshoots. I still have to finish the lesson but am enoying it so far. I'll finish the lesson later tonight wink.gif

For the moment, I have only one thing to point out.

In F4 (Hard Section) > Variables, you have not properly erase image VAR_ExampleTest in the event Mystery Thing (ID:005). At the end of the event, you Erase Picture: 1 instead of picture 2 (since the picture number of VAR_ExampleTest is 2). The picture stay on screen since it has not been erased.

Anyway, keep up the awesome work. I'll hunt down bugs as much as i can and use this lesson as futur reference (for people who needs help with eventing). Thanks for the work Aindra, I can really see how much effort you put on making this lesson.

SBS

--------------------

+Quote Post

misttribe
    post Oct 21 2008, 11:48 AM
    Post #3

Veteran Gamer
    Group Icon

Type: Designer
    Alignment: Chaotic Good

How do I register? I wanna learn a few more things in RMVX.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Aindra
    post Oct 21 2008, 06:32 PM
    Post #4

• Inactive
    Group Icon

To SilentBackStabber:
    Thanks, SBS, for the report and your comment. happy.gif I'll fix it soon.

To misttribe:
    Ah, you don't have to register. Sorry for misunderstandings. All you have to do is just download the project, and play it. When I said "register", I meant naming your character and picking your gender in the game.

EDIT: I updated the school project. It's now 1.01 version.

This post has been edited by Aindra: Oct 21 2008, 06:47 PM

--------------------

Spoiler:

To-Do List
      Contains few bugs that I don't quite know how to fix. Am taking time to study and figure how to fix them, so it takes time. (I'm still a rookie scripter.)

New version of RPG School Maker. I originally planned to make a new version back in July 2009 but it fell apart due to teammates disappearing. Maybe I'll take it up again when my knowledge of RGSS2 improves. I had to include this in here because I've been asked often for it.

+Quote Post

misttribe
    post Oct 21 2008, 09:26 PM
    Post #5

Veteran Gamer
    Group Icon

I made a mining, smelting, and smithing system with most of the stuff you taught me in this. Want the demo?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Aindra
    post Oct 21 2008, 09:51 PM
    Post #6

• Inactive
    Group Icon

Sure, misttribe. I can check it out if you don't mind.

--------------------

Spoiler:

To-Do List

+Quote Post

misttribe
    post Oct 21 2008, 10:29 PM
    Post #7

Veteran Gamer
    Group Icon

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?r3migko2jnz

There ya go. Take a look at it and could you tell me how I would make it so you can level up your mining and only certain rocks are minable when your of required level.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Aindra
    post Oct 21 2008, 11:36 PM
    Post #8

• Inactive
    Group Icon

Okay, I included the comments in your project. I also modified the bronze ore event (just look for the event with no graphic next to the bronze)

Check the board, no-graphic event, and bronze ore for the comments. Your project's looking good.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2muihzyuynz

--------------------

Spoiler:

To-Do List

+Quote Post

Aindra
    post Oct 25 2008, 04:37 AM
    Post #9

• Inactive
    Group Icon

New Update

Added Practice Events project.
    (Just so you know, it doesn't have the tutorials in it. Read the "more information" in the first post, for well, more information. wink.gif)

EDIT: D'oh. Upgraded Practice Events to 1.01. It's nothing serious. You don't have to re-download it. It's just couple skills (for Skills Based on ATK event, which you can just create them on your own easily) that I forgot to add, and few mistakes in the comments.

This post has been edited by Aindra: Oct 25 2008, 10:23 AM

--------------------

Spoiler:

To-Do List

+Quote Post

Wally
    post Oct 26 2008, 09:28 AM
    Post #10

Group Icon

Hey, this is a really great program and very helpful. I really appreciate you doing this. I'd just like to point out one thing. When I went through the switches room, I was in the bottom part a while (left it on there when I got something to eat) and the ghost you convince not to fight was down near where you open the gate. I got through and kinda let him move around a little bit. I talked to him when he was in that gateway entrance and afterwards, he never moved, and I couldn't get out, so I had to start over from the save point. Of course, that's not a big deal, I didn't have to go back through to learn everything again, there's really nothing that needs to be accomplished at certain rooms or whatever. Heck, you don't really need to do anything, that was just by chance, probably no one else will ever do that...

Oh, one other thing... When you do the spell that's supposed to give you a carrot, nothing happens. Looking at the event (or whatever it was), i noticed that the action gave you nothing. Same goes for getting the leather shield, which gives you a name tag instead.

--------------------
    W

+Quote Post

Aindra
    post Oct 26 2008, 09:34 AM
    Post #11

• Inactive
    Group Icon

Thanks for your report. happy.gif I'm glad to know it's really helpful to you.

Oops about the leather shield/carrot bugs. I changed the items in the list and forgot to change ones in the events as well. I'll fix it after my friend goes through the project. He said he'll check for any grammar mistakes and correct them.

I think I will stop the ghost from moving so it doesn't happen, just in case.

Anyways, thanks for letting me know.

--------------------

Spoiler:

To-Do List

+Quote Post

AnoDz
    post Oct 26 2008, 05:23 PM
    Post #12

Group Icon

Somone help me plz.. how can i make a starting position with 1 charatecter... why its always start with 4 characters...?? i cant edit it!
    thx before..

+Quote Post

SilentBackstabbe...
    post Oct 26 2008, 06:04 PM
    Post #13

Sejourner
    Group Icon

AnoDz, you can change the number of starting party member in the Database. Press F9 (to bring up the database), select the System tab and remove the party member via the Initial Party panel (select party member and press delete).

SBS

--------------------

+Quote Post

AnoDz
    post Oct 27 2008, 08:35 AM
    Post #14

Group Icon

Thx....! thx a lot...!^^

is there any section that explain everything about 'edit event'? i want to know about autonomous movement, speed, freq, priorty, trigger..
    sorry, i'm a newbie...
    Reason for edit: As the bunneh said, do not double post! Use the edit button instead. SBS.

+Quote Post

Aindra
    post Oct 27 2008, 08:45 AM
    Post #15

• Inactive
    Group Icon

All of those lessons are explained in the F2 (Easy)

Event Priority is covered in "Event Priority" room
    Event Triggers are covered in "Event Triggers" room
    Above rooms are nearest to the elevator.

Movement & Speed & Frequency are covered in "Movements" room
    It's at almost center of the F2. Little to left.

If you want, you can read the sign next to the doors. They explain what is inside the room so you don't have to enter/exit the rooms to see what kind of the lessons in there.

--

Also... This forums has the rule about double-posts (two posts in row). It doesn't allow them. Next time you want to post something new, and to do that, you have to double-post... You will have to edit your first post and add more content at there. That way, you don't break the rule. So please keep it in mind. happy.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

To-Do List

+Quote Post

AnoDz
    post Oct 27 2008, 09:18 AM
    Post #16

Group Icon

umm.. what is this F2? F4? can u explain it to me..? wacko.gif

+Quote Post

Aindra
    post Oct 27 2008, 09:19 AM
    Post #17

• Inactive
    Group Icon

Ahh. I meant the floor 2. Did you get the school project? It's in there. Just take a look around in there. happy.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

To-Do List

+Quote Post

AnoDz
    post Oct 27 2008, 10:14 AM
    Post #18

Group Icon

no.. haha.. where is that school? >.<

could u please simply explain what i've asked.. that edit event things..? or if u know any links that can explain it.. T_T so confused...

Do not double post, use the edit button to edit the last post instead.

SBS
    Reason for edit: Double posting... again! SBS.

+Quote Post

Aindra
    post Oct 27 2008, 10:22 AM
    Post #19

• Inactive
    Group Icon

You have to download it. I provided the link in the first post in this topic.

I don't know how did you miss it but I'll provide you again in this post:

Rpg Maker VX School - (1.76 MB) (1.01 Version)

You have to click on Rpg Maker VX School link. It will bring you to another website. When you see "Click here to start download..", click on it and you should see the download window. Once the download is complete.

You can extract the files from the downloaded zip file. (If you do not have the zip program, you can use WinRAR or WinZIP. If you need to know how to use them, please say so.)

When you are done, it will create the school project. You can open that folder, and click on Game.rvproj. You will be opening the school project. You can play-test it to learn about the lessons. It is full with many lessons, so enjoy it.

This post has been edited by Aindra: Oct 27 2008, 10:24 AM

--------------------

Spoiler:

To-Do List

+Quote Post

AnoDz
    post Oct 27 2008, 12:17 PM
    Post #20

Group Icon

oopss.. sorry. i missed it.. great.. i can go to school now...! thx! many thx..

1. is there any spesific BGM,etc types which i can import for the game?? do u have any recomended link where i can get them?

2. where can i get an explanation for battle event?

thx...

+Quote Post

25 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
    Reply to this topicStart new topic
    3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 10:24 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.