iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Note for Tutorial Threads

New threads (tutorials) here will go into a moderation queue. You will not see your thread appear when you create it. A moderator will decide if it will be approved or denied.

25 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RPG Maker VX School, Many lessons in the playable project, practice events
Rating 5 V
SilentBackstabbe...
post Oct 27 2008, 12:42 PM
Post #21

Sejourner
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

Last warning AnoDz: Stop double posting. If you are the last poster in a thread then edit your post if you have something to add. The edit button is on the lower right hand side of your post, use it!

1. is there any spesific BGM,etc types which i can import for the game?? do u have any recomended link where i can get them?

Quote from the help file:
You have five different file formats at your disposal: MID (in BGM and ME only), OGG, WMA, MP3, and WAV.

Its you call on what kind of music you wanna use.

2. where can i get an explanation for battle event?

If you actually took the time and open the school project, you will find that there are some nice explanation on how Battle Events work. Find the F2 (Easy) room and go in the Battles room. This will help you get started.

Please, go over the school first before asking question. Most of your eventing question has most likely been answered in the school.

SBS

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

AnoDz
post Oct 28 2008, 08:03 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

someone ... help me plz...

what is variables? (i've made a change that aindra recomended)

how can i make autorun event (cutscene) which only run 1 time??

thx b4..

really need help...

+Quote Post

SilentBackstabbe...
post Oct 28 2008, 09:37 AM
Post #23

Sejourner
Group Icon

what is variables? (i've made a change that aindra recomended)

I take it that you have change the Game_Interpreter? Good!

Now, what is variables? For the 5th times, open the project and browse through the project. In F4 (Hard Section), find the Variables room. You will find everything about variables there.

how can i make autorun event (cutscene) which only run 1 time??

For this one, you should go to F2 (Easy), room Event Triggers. The key to make the event run only once is Self-Switch. Learn to use them!

Seriously, before actually tackling a serious project, learn to use VX and read tuts before asking question. Again, the school give a lot of explanation on different aspect of eventing, use the school and squeeze as much information as you can (read piece of paper, talk to the people in each room, open the project and read the comment inside the events).

SBS

--------------------

+Quote Post

AnoDz
post Oct 28 2008, 12:16 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

i did.. i played the game etc.. but, i still didn't get it..

btw, what is double posting? why is that look so serious..?

This post has been edited by SilentBackstabber: Oct 28 2008, 01:41 PM
Reason for edit: Check your PM. SBS.

+Quote Post

dr_satan666
post Oct 29 2008, 04:03 AM
Post #25

Group Icon

Type: Designer

Truly amazaing what you have here!!! Keep it up! biggrin.gif

--------------------
[font="Comic Sans MS"][/font][color="#8B0000"][/color]I'M HAPPY!!!! ARE YOU HAPPY???
GONE BE HAPPY!!!!!! FOR LIFE IS JUST A LIE WE ALL SWALLOW!!! DEATH IS FUNNY!!!

+Quote Post

heysem
post Oct 29 2008, 09:15 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

Type: Musician

Does anybody know how to change text speed so that I can make it go slower (or faster)
Thanks in advance

+Quote Post

Aindra
post Oct 30 2008, 01:20 AM
Post #27

• Inactive
Group Icon

You can use the script for the text speed adjustments.

You can check this Neo-Message System Script
It doesn't only have the text speed, but several different features. You might want them too.

--------------------

Award & To-Do List & Status
Spoiler:

To-Do List
  1. Custom List & Pages 2.0 Version
    Contains few bugs that I don't quite know how to fix. Am taking time to study and figure how to fix them, so it takes time. (I'm still a rookie scripter.)
  2. Surprise Graphic Package #1
  3. Surprise Graphic Package #2

To Do List - At Lowest Priority
New version of RPG School Maker. I originally planned to make a new version back in July 2009 but it fell apart due to teammates disappearing. Maybe I'll take it up again when my knowledge of RGSS2 improves. I had to include this in here because I've been asked often for it.

+Quote Post

shifu
post Nov 2 2008, 06:37 PM
Post #28

Group Icon

hi
I'm having problems with the link, I can't download the files, is there some other link if not could you send me the files?
Thanks.

my mail: shifu.lee@gmail.com

+Quote Post

SilentBackstabbe...
post Nov 2 2008, 07:10 PM
Post #29

Sejourner
Group Icon

The link is working perfectly. Click here and then click on "Click here to start download.." (you will have to wait for a few seconds for the link to show up).

SBS

--------------------

+Quote Post

shifu
post Nov 3 2008, 08:06 AM
Post #30

Group Icon

I know the link is working, what I said was that I am having problems with the link. I guess it's due to my location (which is not in North America nor in Europe blink.gif ), and some stupid fire walls.
I'm usually not the kind who makes posts without trying every other possible way, so in my case I really can't get access to that website.

+Quote Post

Dark Gaia
post Nov 3 2008, 08:28 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

Hey man. Just want to say that this is a really good tutorial you've got here, possibly the best one I've ever seen. This would really help a newbie get right into RMing. Good job! However, just a suggestion: add some screenshots to accompany the lessons and the practise events and it would be a lot easy for the newbies to follow along.

--------------------
Click the images below to play my games! All of them are fully complete!

+Quote Post

shinty
post Nov 3 2008, 03:50 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

Thanks, the RPG school is very helpful. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Aindra
post Nov 4 2008, 05:08 AM
Post #33

• Inactive
Group Icon

To shifu
I added the box.net links in my first topic. Hopefully they'll work for you.

To Dark Gaia
Firstly, thank you for your comments. Secondly, much as I want to show more screenshots in the game, my main concern is the size of the project. If I have to include screenshots for all lessons, the size will be big. I want to keep the project's filesize low so anybody with slow connection can get it quickly. The player can just easily open up the event editor and checks the event pages inside. So I don't see a point showing the screenshots when they can just take a look at the event pages in the program.

To shinty
Thank you!

--------------------

Spoiler:

To-Do List
    Contains few bugs that I don't quite know how to fix. Am taking time to study and figure how to fix them, so it takes time. (I'm still a rookie scripter.)

New version of RPG School Maker. I originally planned to make a new version back in July 2009 but it fell apart due to teammates disappearing. Maybe I'll take it up again when my knowledge of RGSS2 improves. I had to include this in here because I've been asked often for it.

+Quote Post

darkpaladin777
post Nov 4 2008, 10:48 AM
Post #34

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

I'm brand new to all this game making stuff so I hope I can get this thing to work
when I first try to save after talking to the little bunny thing it says

Script 'Scene_File' line 178: Errno::EACCES occurred.
Permission denied - Save1.rvdata

Never mind I downloaded it again and it's working now

This post has been edited by darkpaladin777: Nov 4 2008, 12:13 PM

+Quote Post

Enelvon
post Nov 4 2008, 11:16 AM
Post #35

The Lost One
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Neutral Evil

That is an error to do with the existence and changibility (is not sure if that's a word/spelled correctly, but meh) of the file Save1.rvdata. It should not be occuring... Perhaps if you PMed me YOUR copy of the school I could figure it out. My copy has no such error, you see.

-Enelvon

+Quote Post

shifu
post Nov 5 2008, 07:59 AM
Post #36

Group Icon

Thanks a lot man it's working for me now rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post

Lord Kiros
post Nov 8 2008, 11:06 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

Type: Writer

This is really informative and I learned a lot but I found a small bug. In the conditional branches room the Shield Giver gives me a name tag instead of a leather shield.

Edit: I found another bug just now. The battle room is not connected to anything. I am guessing it was supposed to be connected to one of the gated off doors in the easy section.

This post has been edited by Lord Kiros: Nov 8 2008, 11:44 PM

+Quote Post

Aindra
post Nov 9 2008, 04:48 AM
Post #38

• Inactive
Group Icon

Thank you, Lord Kiros. It's in the list, so I'll fix it when my friend is done checking it for grammar mistakes.

Can't believe I forgot to connect the battles room. sad.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

To-Do List

+Quote Post

enterprise47
post Nov 16 2008, 07:45 AM
Post #39

Group Icon

Type: Coder

I can't seem to find the entrance in the Battle Room on the 2nd Floor. You know what I mean, the room filled with battles input processing.

+Quote Post

Aindra
post Nov 16 2008, 08:13 AM
Post #40

• Inactive
Group Icon

The battle is not connected to the F2 floor. It's my mistake. It'll be fixed in next release (December 5). happy.gif

Meanwhile, you can move your player's starting location in the battles room to see it in the game.

--------------------

Spoiler:

To-Do List

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 02:01 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.