iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gun/Weapon Owners, Curious who all besides me owns. Post Pic's
KamaKazeR
post Dec 31 2012, 06:01 AM
Post #1

The Machete King
Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Neutral Good

So I got to thinking a few minutes ago, I wonder how many people on this forum are gun owners like myself and what type of weapons are in your arsenal, doesn't matter if it's swords, guns, bows, or even airsoft. I grew up in the south on a farm as a kid and my family raised me around guns and hunting and taught me many things about guns and gun safety so guns are part of my life. I would just like to see who all besides me owns a gun or some form of weapon cause I know I can't be the only person here who has a arsenal in their house.

Here's what I have:
Hi Point 40 cal with a 15rd mag and 2 10 rd standards all carrying Hornady Hollows
Barnett Jackel 150lb Crossbow RedDot/Tactical Light w/ Laser
Topper M48 12gauge
My Pride and Joy. Finnish M39 Mosin Nagant with ATI Stock, Laser attachment, Custom Bent Bolt, Custom Scope Mount, and Bushnell Trophy Scope. Codenamed: Leraine

Post Pics btw.

This post has been edited by KamaKazeR: Mar 29 2013, 02:15 PM

--------------------
Need some useful utilities to use with your video game, music, or graphics? Here ya go
Having issue's with making Event's? Calling Videos in game? Cutscenes? Various Event's? Visit My Event Tutorials. Their All Video's i Made Myself.
Check out my music KamaKaze
And my brothers music, which I engineer most of myself Drastikk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

TOT_tomdora
post Feb 11 2013, 08:43 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Does airsoft count?
Because then I have the Echo1 ASR (but I wish I didn't get it. I would much rather have a P90 of some sort.)

+Quote Post

Macys_Hero
post Feb 11 2013, 11:40 PM
Post #3

The Ultimate Action Figure
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: True Neutral

With my last Federal Contract I worked I had to get familiar with a 9mm, so aside from the standard issue 9mm Beretta which was forced upon me, and is by the way is a piece of trash, I own a Compact Ruger 9mm. I got the compact for better grip control so I don't feel like I need to death grip it, but the compact does give off more kick due to being lighter. I have to regularly requalify for my BSIS card so I shoot alot. Although since most my shoots are done in uniform (and I can't post those pics with the uniform in it) I don't have any non uniform pics with my firearm, I will post what it looks like.

Wife loves shooting so much that later this month I am picking her up a pink shotgun for fun and home security, still not sure yet on what make though we'll see.

Spoiler:

--------------------

01110010 01101111 01101101 01100001 01101110 01110011 00100000 00110001 00110010 00110001 00111001
WIELDER OF THE...
<div style="margin-top:5px"><div class="quotetitle">Spoiler: <input type="button" value="Show" style="width:45px;font-size:10px;margin:0px;padding:0px;" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show'; }" />
<div class="quotecontent"><div style="display: none;"></div></div></div></div>

+Quote Post

KamaKazeR
post Feb 12 2013, 12:59 AM
Post #4

The Machete King
Group Icon

QUOTE (TOT_tomdora @ Feb 11 2013, 03:43 PM) *
Does airsoft count?
Because then I have the Echo1 ASR (but I wish I didn't get it. I would much rather have a P90 of some sort.)

Yea airsoft counts, All gun's count except Nerf guns,lol.

QUOTE (Macys_Hero @ Feb 11 2013, 06:40 PM) *
With my last Federal Contract I worked I had to get familiar with a 9mm, so aside from the standard issue 9mm Beretta which was forced upon me, and is by the way is a piece of trash, I own a Compact Ruger 9mm. I got the compact for better grip control so I don't feel like I need to death grip it, but the compact does give off more kick due to being lighter. I have to regularly requalify for my BSIS card so I shoot alot. Although since most my shoots are done in uniform (and I can't post those pics with the uniform in it) I don't have any non uniform pics with my firearm, I will post what it looks like.

Wife loves shooting so much that later this month I am picking her up a pink shotgun for fun and home security, still not sure yet on what make though we'll see.

Spoiler:

Ive shot the 9mm Beretta and I dont like it either,lol. Winchester, Mossberg, and Remington are great brands for a shotgun but I recommend the Mossberg Tactical 500 Pump. I shot one at the shooting range and it was great.

--------------------
Need some useful utilities to use with your video game, music, or graphics? Here ya go
Having issue's with making Event's? Calling Videos in game? Cutscenes? Various Event's? Visit My Event Tutorials. Their All Video's i Made Myself.

+Quote Post

Macys_Hero
post Feb 12 2013, 05:23 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (KamaKazeR @ Feb 11 2013, 04:59 PM) *

Ive shot the 9mm Beretta and I dont like it either,lol. Winchester, Mossberg, and Remington are great brands for a shotgun but I recommend the Mossberg Tactical 500 Pump. I shot one at the shooting range and it was great.

Yeah those Beretta's are garbage imo and that's what the government was furnishing us for well you get the idea wink.gif

--------------------

01110010 01101111 01101101 01100001 01101110 01110011 00100000 00110001 00110010 00110001 00111001
WIELDER OF THE...
<div style="margin-top:5px"><div class="quotetitle">Spoiler: <input type="button" value="Show" style="width:45px;font-size:10px;margin:0px;padding:0px;" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show'; }" />

+Quote Post

KamaKazeR
post Feb 12 2013, 02:39 PM
Post #6

The Machete King
Group Icon

QUOTE (Macys_Hero @ Feb 12 2013, 12:23 AM) *
Yeah those Beretta's are garbage imo and that's what the government was furnishing us for well you get the idea wink.gif

explains everything haha xD. I love my Mosin Nagant, I paid around $130 for it and then dropped $400+ worth of mods into it including a new custom bolt action thats made here in america and it's so much better than the original and doesn't act like its sticking any and glides smoothly.

--------------------

+Quote Post

DemitriCoal
post Feb 19 2013, 03:36 AM
Post #7

Overlooked
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

I own a 1910 Winchester .25-.35 rifle for deer hunting, a .22 for rabbit hunting, and Thompson Model 1928 Metal Airsoft gun for shooting my friends.

+Quote Post

KamaKazeR
post Feb 19 2013, 06:47 AM
Post #8

The Machete King
Group Icon

QUOTE (DemitriCoal @ Feb 18 2013, 10:36 PM) *
I own a 1910 Winchester .25-.35 rifle for deer hunting, a .22 for rabbit hunting, and Thompson Model 1928 Metal Airsoft gun for shooting my friends.

Post pics. I'm sure the rest of the gun enthusiast on herewould like to see.

--------------------

+Quote Post

DemitriCoal
post Feb 27 2013, 05:42 AM
Post #9

Overlooked
Group Icon

QUOTE (KamaKazeR @ Feb 19 2013, 01:47 AM) *
Post pics. I'm sure the rest of the gun enthusiast on herewould like to see.

Spoiler:

The tops it the airsoft gun
then the 30-30
followed but the old 25-35

Sorry about the horrible looking photo but it is 1:30am so this was the best I could do right now.

forgot to include the .22's will post those another time.

This post has been edited by DemitriCoal: Feb 27 2013, 06:38 AM

+Quote Post

KamaKazeR
post Feb 28 2013, 04:27 PM
Post #10

The Machete King
Group Icon

QUOTE (DemitriCoal @ Feb 27 2013, 12:42 AM) *
Spoiler:

The tops it the airsoft gun
then the 30-30
followed but the old 25-35

Sorry about the horrible looking photo but it is 1:30am so this was the best I could do right now.

forgot to include the .22's will post those another time.

to bad the airsoft isnt the real thing lol. I've been wanting to get myself a lever action

--------------------

+Quote Post

DemitriCoal
post Mar 2 2013, 08:08 AM
Post #11

Overlooked
Group Icon

The airsoft gun gives me something to do with friends, split into teams and go spend 5 or 6 hours hunting each other down in the woods.

Lever action helps teach discipline when shooting. You can't sit there and keep pulling the trigger until you hit your target. Every shot counts. Don't get me wrong there is a time and place for a gun where you can just keep shooting non stop but I think too many people have gotten into the habit of firing too quickly and then adjusting according to where they it. You miss that first shot on a rabbit in the swamp, its gone.

+Quote Post

KamaKazeR
post Mar 2 2013, 08:14 AM
Post #12

The Machete King
Group Icon

QUOTE (DemitriCoal @ Mar 2 2013, 03:08 AM) *
The airsoft gun gives me something to do with friends, split into teams and go spend 5 or 6 hours hunting each other down in the woods.

Lever action helps teach discipline when shooting. You can't sit there and keep pulling the trigger until you hit your target. Every shot counts. Don't get me wrong there is a time and place for a gun where you can just keep shooting non stop but I think too many people have gotten into the habit of firing too quickly and then adjusting according to where they it. You miss that first shot on a rabbit in the swamp, its gone.

Oh I agree, I hunt myself,but when facing rabbits I usually use my topper with bird shot lol. Only a idiot would go all gung ho with shooting at their target. A true hunter waits and has patience.

--------------------

+Quote Post

ninryu
post Mar 2 2013, 03:44 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Type: Designer

I'll never understand Americans' obsession with killing weapons. I'd be too scared to just touch one.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Macys_Hero
post Mar 2 2013, 08:18 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE (ninryu @ Mar 2 2013, 07:44 AM) *
I'll never understand Americans' obsession with killing weapons. I'd be too scared to just touch one.

A firearm's primary intended function is protection, unfortunately some of our fellow country men use them for robbery and murder and such, as it happens in other countries as well.

I digress however in order to protect yourself well with a firearm and to ensure you do not hurt yourself doing so YOU must practice with the firearm and KNOW the firearm. In all my time working for homeland armed contracts I have NEVER had to discharged my firearm (knock on wood) for use as protection. So I could easily say every round I have discharged has been to improve my marksmanship at a Gun Alley or out and abouts in the hills target practicing.

I was like you at first afraid of even holding a loaded firearm, I'd break out in a sweat holding the firearm without even firing it yet, but with training I grew to respect the firearm and learned proper handling and maintaining of the firearm, now when I go to shoot I bring my old targets and try to out do my personal scores, I even take my Grandfather that served in Vietnam and we try to out do each others scores.

But as you mentioned... Obsession? You have to seperate Americans, collectors, hunters and marksman from that and specify where the obsession part comes in, because I know I don't have the money to obsess with guns I barely got enough extra to pay for the rounds to practice nowadays and I AM required by law here to practice within every 90-120 days. I haven't seen anyone post a picture yet of a underground cache of guns, nor have I seen any firearm licence holder in my area show me one of those yet, I see a bunch of guys that have a hobby.

Also I dunno how one could not admire a hunter that is an age old skill that has self sufficent value and really hasn't got alot of scrutiny until people on a broader scale started being able to go buy their specialty "meat" from McDonalds. I friggen love venison jerky, burgers and so on, my wife cooks snake, badger, opossum she's a old school Native woman.

With all that being said from my Moderation stance I think the OP wants some firearm owner's discussion and pics not depreciation of his hobbie, I know firearm owners get that enough from the media. But If you have a question abut firearms I am sure these guys won't mind assisting you.

--------------------

WIELDER OF THE...

+Quote Post

DemitriCoal
post Mar 3 2013, 09:52 AM
Post #15

Overlooked
Group Icon

QUOTE (ninryu @ Mar 2 2013, 10:44 AM) *

I have never bought a firearm, the rifles I have were left to me by my grandfather when he passed away. We are a working poor family and barely make it from week to week so during hunting seasons we buy licenses because killing a dear and processing it is a lot cheaper then buying a months worth of meat at the store. These "killing weapons" help our family make ends meet without harming or threatening any other human being.

+Quote Post

ninryu
post Mar 3 2013, 12:01 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE (Macys_Hero @ Mar 2 2013, 10:18 PM) *
A firearm's primary intended function is protection, unfortunately some of our fellow country men use them for robbery and murder and such, as it happens in other countries as well.

And those maniacs who does shoot people with their guns wouldn't be able to do so if guns weren't sold like eggs and bread in convenient stores; so people wouldn't need 'protection' anyway!

This post has been edited by ninryu: Mar 3 2013, 12:04 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Macys_Hero
post Mar 3 2013, 10:42 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE (ninryu @ Mar 3 2013, 04:01 AM) *
And those maniacs who does shoot people with their guns wouldn't be able to do so if guns weren't sold like eggs and bread in convenient stores; so people wouldn't need 'protection' anyway!

The majority of guns recovered off criminals are stolen, you only hear about the legit gun owners in the news cause that kind of news sells or subs, common crime involving guns happens so often in places like Chicago the media has a policy on not reporting on it. Just like suicides in San Fransico, it happens so often they don't report it (Golden Gate is a suicide hot spot 2-3 times a week).

And obviously you are not here in the states, cause I bought my gun and didn't get to have it for 2 weeks until a federal background was completed and i came in with my federal licensing, last time I bought eggs I got to leave right after I paid for them. Legit owners have to jump thru alot of hoops to purchase their firearms, criminals just gotta jump thru your window and take your gun safe wink.gif .

Texas has the most passive gun laws and they have the least gun crime, it's not a secret to criminals there that the person they might try to rob or assault might be armed. I have alot of reading marterial on these subject matters if you would like me to PM you links, otherwise lets keep this on topic of the OP's original intented purpose, thanks in advanced.

--------------------

WIELDER OF THE...

+Quote Post

KamaKazeR
post Mar 8 2013, 03:51 AM
Post #18

The Machete King
Group Icon

QUOTE (Macys_Hero @ Mar 2 2013, 03:18 PM) *

I digress however in order to protect yourself well with a firearm and to ensure you do not hurt yourself doing so YOU must practice with the firearm and KNOW the firearm. In all my time working for homeland armed contracts I have NEVER had to discharged my firearm (knock on wood) for use as protection. So I could easily say every round I have discharged has been to improve my marksmanship at a Gun Alley or out and abouts in the hills target practicing.

I was like you at first afraid of even holding a loaded firearm, I'd break out in a sweat holding the firearm without even firing it yet, but with training I grew to respect the firearm and learned proper handling and maintaining of the firearm, now when I go to shoot I bring my old targets and try to out do my personal scores, I even take my Grandfather that served in Vietnam and we try to out do each others scores.

But as you mentioned... Obsession? You have to seperate Americans, collectors, hunters and marksman from that and specify where the obsession part comes in, because I know I don't have the money to obsess with guns I barely got enough extra to pay for the rounds to practice nowadays and I AM required by law here to practice within every 90-120 days. I haven't seen anyone post a picture yet of a underground cache of guns, nor have I seen any firearm licence holder in my area show me one of those yet, I see a bunch of guys that have a hobby.

Also I dunno how one could not admire a hunter that is an age old skill that has self sufficent value and really hasn't got alot of scrutiny until people on a broader scale started being able to go buy their specialty "meat" from McDonalds. I friggen love venison jerky, burgers and so on, my wife cooks snake, badger, opossum she's a old school Native woman.

With all that being said from my Moderation stance I think the OP wants some firearm owner's discussion and pics not depreciation of his hobbie, I know firearm owners get that enough from the media. But If you have a question abut firearms I am sure these guys won't mind assisting you.

Amen, I couldn't say it better myself Macy.

QUOTE (DemitriCoal @ Mar 3 2013, 04:52 AM) *
I have never bought a firearm, the rifles I have were left to me by my grandfather when he passed away. We are a working poor family and barely make it from week to week so during hunting seasons we buy licenses because killing a dear and processing it is a lot cheaper then buying a months worth of meat at the store. These "killing weapons" help our family make ends meet without harming or threatening any other human being.
AMEN TO YOU AS WELL! I look at hunting as putting food on the table so me and my family can eat and survive. I know what its liek to be dirt poor and having to dig through the garbage for food so I know your pain when you say you're doing it to survive.

QUOTE (ninryu @ Mar 3 2013, 07:01 AM) *
This statement is invalid. I grew up around guns and was raised to respect the weapon and to know proper safety protocols when handling said weapon and was always told that one wrong move and you or the person closest to you could get killed. A gun is not evil, there's only evil in the hearts of those who use it for such. And guns arent sold like candy and eggs, background checks are required, proper training is required for some guns depending on the type, and some guns even require 3 months of waiting for a special license to own it and mental checks and everything. And saying if they were to ban guns and stop selling would make it more safe, you would be incorrect for the simple fact if someone wants to kill another, they'll find a way, gun or not. And if they did ban guns, people would still have them and get them. Think about when they made weed illegal, people still buy it and use it. Most of the time when you hear about gun violence, its because someone didnt follow proper gun safety or had a screw loose and they shouldve did a mental check. Like the school shooting, his mom KNEW he was a mental case but yet she kept her guns out in the open and he knew where they were.

QUOTE (Macys_Hero @ Mar 3 2013, 05:42 PM) *
The majority of guns recovered off criminals are stolen, you only hear about the legit gun owners in the news cause that kind of news sells or subs, common crime involving guns happens so often in places like Chicago the media has a policy on not reporting on it. Just like suicides in San Fransico, it happens so often they don't report it (Golden Gate is a suicide hot spot 2-3 times a week).

And obviously you are not here in the states, cause I bought my gun and didn't get to have it for 2 weeks until a federal background was completed and i came in with my federal licensing, last time I bought eggs I got to leave right after I paid for them. Legit owners have to jump thru alot of hoops to purchase their firearms, criminals just gotta jump thru your window and take your gun safe wink.gif .

Texas has the most passive gun laws and they have the least gun crime, it's not a secret to criminals there that the person they might try to rob or assault might be armed. I have alot of reading marterial on these subject matters if you would like me to PM you links, otherwise lets keep this on topic of the OP's original intented purpose, thanks in advanced.

Yea it's obvious he isn't in the states, hunting is a American tradition here. NC has passive gun laws as well. It didnt even take me 20 mins to do a background check and buy my Mosin for hunting season, but it took me a weeks wait to get my pistol permit because they ran a entire background check on me. Shotguns and Rifles you can just walk in, do a simple check, buy it, walk out, but pistols and anything automatic require way more paperwork.

--------------------

+Quote Post

KamaKazeR
post Mar 15 2013, 04:04 AM
Post #19

The Machete King
Group Icon

QUOTE (Macys_Hero @ Mar 3 2013, 06:42 PM) *

figured you might laugh at this Macy. I got bored and decided to make a list of rules for women when they go hunting,lol.

Rules for Hunting for Women
1. Dont ever talk. We know ya'll get the urge to just start blabbering and looking like a bobblehead on crack but stick with hand signals and motions, we know your good at that, hell if your man is still around you must me.
2. Better piss and crap before we leave cause if not, you'll be squating down behind a bush somewhere and probably wiping your ass with poison ivy afterwards.
3. You sleep when we sleep and hunt when we hunt. Meaning, if we get up at 4am and get ready, you better do the same or you will be left behind. We're not losing a deer just so you can get that extra two minutes of sleep because you think itll make you look like a french model.
4. Bring water and a sandwich of some sort cause the first sound we hear of you complaining your hungry, we're gonna point you back to the house. Or the nearest animal carcus.
5. Shower with a Body Odor Neutralizer. No that does not mean your suave ocean breeze or lavender shampoo. Means a specially engineered bottle of body wash that literally makes you smell like a odorless crayon. Either that or we'll put deer piss and mud on you like in Duck Dynasty.
6. Ladies, there are no shiny things in the woods. You got that? That means no looking like a retarded raccoon lost in a jewelry store for you.
7. 9 out of ten a man is gonna give you a shotgun or a high caliber rifle to shoot with, but no worries, when your arm or shoulder gets blown out we'll nurture it, we don't want our woman to lose the ability to use her hands xD.
8. You will be wearing raggedy ass clothes and camo and sweats when you hunt. So that means no gucci, polo, or fabulous pink suede boots that glisten like tinkerbell in the sun.
9. This is the woods, mother nature, a hunters paradise. Meet our neighbors: the ticks, the fleas, the nats, the ants, and the many tiny pepples of rabbit shit and deer droppings along the away.
10. And this is important so take notes. If you cost us a 10-12 point buck all because a spider touched you or a bird dropped a turd on you, expect to see divorce papers on the table when we get home, we all have a copy stashed away waiting.

--------------------

+Quote Post

rgangsta
post Mar 15 2013, 05:41 AM
Post #20

The Handyman
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Evil

QUOTE (KamaKazeR @ Feb 11 2013, 08:59 PM) *

In that case...

This is a picture I use for my Skype. It's my 9mm Airsoft.It's electric powered with blowback. I also have a mini-katana. biggrin.gif
Spoiler:

This post has been edited by rgangsta: Mar 15 2013, 05:41 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 04:34 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.