iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Note for Early Project Feedback Threads

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Celestial Moon, Stories about the son of two moons.
CHill19
post Oct 23 2008, 10:55 AM
Post #1

CHill-
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Hai!
The name of this game was called Lunia (based off 'Luna' which is related to the moon of course.), but I just recently realized; there's an MMORPG named Lunia, so I thought of a new name; "Celestial Moon". Lunia will still be the name of the planet the game takes place on, however. The main story will revolve around Tempest, but every Party member has a storyline of thier own to follow if you choose. The planet of Lunia is Highly technologicy advanced. The world put aside technology though, after noticing how heavily they relied on it. Even after all of the accidents revoling around machines. People became lazy, with a life too convienent, so they reverted back to the simple life, and realizeing It's much more fun; they didn't look back. There are many who disagree with this nature, such as the engineers at F2D Labs, who continues to advance technology.

Base Story;
Spoiler:

A legendary tale, told all through out the world of Lunia; Tale of the Celestial:
In the world of Lunia. Land of two moons named "Celes" and "Tial". These two moons are said to be spirits of forbidden lovers. Only to see eachother once every 20 years. This event is called the "Celestial Moon". Celebrated by the whole planet. Only on this night will the entire world be at a loss of the sun. Night falls upon all. During the Celestial moon; Only when the two moons align or Eclipse; the world will be enchanted by thier power. This eclipse lasts for a brief minute. If anyone is born during this minute, the child will be infused with the power of the moons. The child of Celes and Tial. Celestoals are born to protect the world from an alternate realm only visible by Celestial Children. The Cosmic Realm lets Celestial children tap into the universal threshhold and move about the world instantly. With the ability to sense any danger making a threat to the planet, they seek and destroy it.

The plot revolves around a young man named Tempest. He is the younger brother of a Celestial being. As a child, Tempest was quiet outspoken. Easily taken advantage of, and emotional. Now older he is quiet, cold hearted, anti-social. Emotionless; he can no longer shed any tears. Tempest, is on a journey to nowhere. Claims to be on a soul searching mission, but is actually running. Running from his life. He holds on to anger twards his older brother, Courest. [Reasons why explained later in character bios] He looks for a new meaning of life, heading east.

Once Tempest reaches the Majik Legion, he speaks to a man by the name of Regent. Aged and wise, he tells Tempest the purpouse of Celestial beings. They must ward off a great horror called Solara; Eraser of the night. Opposing the moon's serenity. If Solara is to consume the Cosmic realm; chaos, anger, and fury will consume the world of Lunia. a world that will self-destruct in a new world of war. Hearing this didn't mean much to Tempest. As the 1st Celestial moon passes since the birth of Courest, Courest himself makes an annoucement of his plans on vanquish Solara forever. No one understood this as Solara will be born again as long as the sun shines, but Courest had his own plans he keeps secretly.

Courest's Ambition; Plot spoiler. read if you want.
Spoiler:

Courest's true intentions are far beyond what it seems. Courest is very intelegent and knows he has power to mend anyone to his will. Yet it's not enough. Greedy with power he plans to bend Solara to his will. His quest for TRUE power over the universe intertwined with eternal life. Binding the Cosmos with that of the real world, creating a new life, a new planet. Revolving around him. Knowing this is dangerous; Courest's new selfish nature doesn't care what happens. He feels he's already lost all he cares for, so he builds somthing new to fill this gap in his heart. Ever since Tempest ran away from home, his soul has truly darkened. Tempest left home because he too felt abandoned by his sibling.

This pushes Tempest over the edge, saying Courest has gone too far. Even not knowing of Courest's heartache is shared between them, he will still do everything to stop his older brother from making such a suicidal mistake.

Characters;
Spoiler:

Main Characters;
Spoiler:

Tempest--
Age- 18
Smex- Male
Height- 5' 11"
Weapon- Swords and support majik
Personality traits; Quiet, anti-social, Apathetic.
Quote--
QUOTE (Tempest)
"If I could open your words... there would be nothing inside... Maybe even the same for my own."

Bio;
Spoiler:
Born in Shaine village. When Tempest was 3 years old, his family moved from Shaine, to Ashton City, so Courest could live in a more comfortable enviorment to begin his training as a Celestial. Tempest was always quiet and easily taken advantage of. Courest never left Tempest's side and protected him; Keeping things like that to a minimum. As Courest got older his Training became more demanding. Forcing him and Tempest to separate from one another. After a while Tempest and Courest, hardly saw one another. Feeling abandoned, Tempest learned to fend for himself. Courest taught him a enough to build his skills from. Once he felt ready, he set off on his own; heading East to nowhere.

Courest--
Age- 19/20 (Has a birthday event in the story)
Smex- Male
Height- 6'0"
Weapon- Swords, and Majik
Personality Traits; Ambitious, Charismatic, Hard working, insensitve and selfish. Very skilled with arts of both swordplay and majik. Very emotional, but hides it with a smile.
Quote-
QUOTE (Courest)
"How do I know I... or anyone truly exists? What if I'm so deranged, to belive this is all in my mind? This world, the people, what if I created it?"

Bio-
Spoiler:
Every 20 years a chance of a Celestial is incredibly slim to none. Courest, is very lucky though. Only being the 5th Celestial ever known. There is one other Celestial still living, but he dissappeared mysteriously. Courest's 20th birthday is approching. Called the "Celestial Rebirth" meaning he has completed his training and ready to enter the Cosmic realm and begin defending the planet. After learning Tempest left home, he no longer felt the need to be a Celestial, as he solely wanted to defend Tempest and his family most.

Estelle--
Age- 18
Smex- Female
Height- 5'5"
Weapon- Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles
Personality Traits; Hyper, HyPeR, HYPER, bubbly, impatient. Acts before thinking. Determined, and hard-headed.
Quote-
QUOTE (Estelle)
"Forget a plan! Let's just bust in there with guns blazin'!"

Bio-
Spoiler:
Estelle is the youngest member of the GMWA (Global Mechanical Weaponry Association). Which is a fancy name for "Gun Club" Estelle doesn't know her parents and searches the globe for them. Her brother Joane is bitter about the fact thier parents "didn't want them", so he refuses to help find them. Estelle joins Tempest on his voyage in hopes to find information about her parents.

Kaysie--
Age- 19
Smex- Female
Height- 5'6"
Weapon- Majikal Music
Personality Traits; Sweet, kind hearted. Puts others before herself. Patient, strong willed, inteligent.
Quote-
QUOTE (Kaysie)
"It's sad how many people fear change. To me; change is the reason we live."

Bio-
Spoiler:
Kaysie knew Tempest when they were children, but Tempest doesn't remember her, they were still young. Kaysie moved from Ashton City to the Majik Legion, when her mother took intrest in the Arts. Kaysie too studied Majik, but is greatly influenced by music. She soon taught herself how to use music to defend herself. She wants to travel the world and hopes to teach the art of Majikal Music to everyone. To be passed down by generations.

O'sirus--
Age- 25
Smex- Male
Height- 6'0"
Weapon- Staff and Majik
Personality Traits; Calm and cool, nieve, so he's easily take advantage of. Insecure, polite, caring. Expressive of his feelings.
Quote-
QUOTE (O'Sirus)
"Hate, betrayal and anger. Without them there wouldn't be love, trust and hapiness. So without war... can there be peace?"

Bio-
Spoiler:
O'Sirus has always been a book-worm and learned basic majik at 10 years old. He never fit in with other children. When he was 15 his pregnant mother was murdured in cold blood. Feeling guilty, because he couldn't protect her (he was too afraid.) He decided to travel the world to visit each temple of Majik. He learns of a way to summon the spirits of the dead. He seeks forgivness from his mother. O'Sirus' and Tempest's path crossed several times, until they decided to travel together. O'Sirus envies Tempest's Strong will, and learns alot by watching him. O'Sirus has no intention to seek revenge, but courage is what he seeks. So such a tragedy will never happen again.

Veronica--
Age- 21
Smex- Female
Height- 5'9"
Weapon- Katana/Wakizashi
Personality Traits- Strong physically and mentally, trusting, patient, but short tempered. Brave and couragous. Blunt, inconsiderate about other's feelings, tough, detached, quiet.
Quote-
QUOTE (Veronica)
Nothing's going to stop me! NOTHING! Including you! Step aside, or feel the cold burn of my blade."

Bio
Spoiler:
Veronica is quiet and enigmatic. She stays distant from others. Estelle always tries to get her to open up, but it only pushes her deeper into her shell. She joins the party at F2D labs while she was on a personal assignment. Seemingly holds hate toward those who still use technology in modern days. Especially those at F2D labs. She was a test subject, geneticaly tempered, while unconsious after an avalanche. Her eyes glow a fiery gold; obviously un-natural. Since she found out about the expiriments, she seeks the scientists that are to blame, for reasons why, and possibly vengance

Ariel--
Age- 15
Smex- Female
Height- 5'3"
Weapon- Chinese Fan, and Majikal Dance
Personality Traits; Fearless, loud, serious, blunt. Always gets to the point, mature, hard working. Feels the need to know EVERYTHING. Popular.
Quote-
QUOTE (Ariel)
"I just want to be, who I want to be... but who exactly DO i want to be?"

Bio-
Spoiler:
Enrolled into the Majik school of arts unwillingly, lead this girl down a path of boredom. She hastily tries to break away from her parent's watch. She joins Tempest, to do so. She doesn't like to stay in one place; ESPECIALLY home. After Ariel made this desicion, her mother "dis-owned" Ariel and kicked her out of the house. Her father however, stood by Ariel, and supported this decision to go on a trip with Tempest. Even though she feels regret; Ariel's pride wouldn't let her mother see it. What will Ariel learn on this journey? (No seriously... i don't know yet haha.)

Jonan (optional character)--
Age- 59/60 (same birthday as Courest)
Smex- Male
Height- 6'2"
Weapon- Battle axes
Personality Traits; Calm, enduring, cheerful, figheter for the weak. Another side insists he's a cold hearted killer.
Quote-
QUOTE (Jonan)
As long as the sky is grey and red-stained rain falls... I'll be here.

Bio-
Spoiler:
Jonan is the only living Celestial, besides Courest. After heading out to the cosmos to defeat a clan of Luna Dragons approching, he wasn't heard from since. The people of Lunia mourned him as they thought he had been devoured. Truth is; Genisis of the Red Mayjes (Who are rebels of the Majik Legion.) Captured him, and locked him in the Apathy Dungeon for dead, after Jonan refused to cooroperate with him. Jonan escaped and is since then a refugee. He decided not to show the world his identity. Having lost his Celestial powers in the dungeon, he resides in a far off land. Surrounded by mountains and forests.

NPCs
Spoiler:

General Dona- (NPC)
Smex- Female
Personality Traits; Couragios and brave. honorable, reliable.
Quote-
QUOTE (Dona)
Somthing's not right... I'm going to get to the bottom of this.

Bio-
Spoiler:
General Dona is the head of the Tower Restoration mission. The trop sent in Dona's command, is quite large. Thier misson is to restore all of the "Towers of the Saints" which are run-down and crumbling. The towers were built to comemorate legendary saints and saintesses, who protected thier land, and the people who inhabited it. (one of which is named after my brother in-law who's passed away.) The towers, were once used as satilite transmission antennas during the era of technology. DOna's observations insist the towers were not run down by time itself. Regardless, Dona will carry out her mission, and continue her observations.

Regent- (NPC)
Smex- Male
Personality Traits;Kind, strong, powerful, and forgiving.
Quote-
QUOTE (Regent)
[Ill post one later lol.]

Bio-
Spoiler:
Regent is the 'Regent' of the Majik Legion, and leader of the White Mayjes who defent the northern sector of the Legion. Regent is the hier to the creator of the Majik Legion, which the ownership has been passed down from generation to generation. Regent however doesn't have any children, and fears the outcome of the Legion's future after his passing. Praised for his high intelegence and majik skill, but the Legion's been going through 'dramatic' issues, which have always brought doubt upon his leadership potential. He often had conflicts with Genisis, until Genisis; leader of the red mayges of the East, ran a rebellion agianst the legion, which caused a great stir.

Genisis- (NPC)
Smex- Female
Personality Traits;Deviant, ambitous, cruel, self-centered and demanding.
Quote-
QUOTE (Genisis)
[The Legion will be mine! Kahahaha!!]

Bio-
Spoiler:
Genisis hold a strong grudge against Regent. They've always had conflicts. Genisis always tried to manipulate Regent, to do things that would help her more than anyone else. Having never gotton her way, she took matters into her own hands, starting petty conflicts with other countries and towns, along with extortion, among other things. Regent had enough of her ego, and decided to banish her from the legion, but Genisis wouldn't have it that easy, and fought Regent in a battle of Majik... after suffering a swift defeat, Genisis and the Red Mayjes, who were always known as a rowdy group since the early Legion years, "rebelled" and took over a small city in the skies, called Tsutall(pronounced: Soo-Tal). With her new base of oporations, she plots a way to take down Regent and take command. Genisis then kidnaps Jonan, the Celestial of that time, in hopes to absorb his power and skill.<!--SPOILER DIV--></div><!--SPOILER DIV-->

Lunia's History;
Spoiler:

Majik and Technology;
Spoiler:

Lunia is a small world, with two moons within it's orbit. As the 20 year interval approches, the two moons are often seen at the same time.

Lunia's inhabitants began to study the arts of science, natrualy. This 1st brought along Majik; The art of manipulating the world's natrual elements, and infusing them with the mind. Majik was used in many chores and hobbies alike, namely hunting, cooking, and medical needs. Majik was never thought as an element of war.

As time passed, there were those who persited on the art of majik, and others who advanced thier studies in a new direction. Bringing along the "Age of Technology". Most residents of the world, began to use this new way of life, which fueled scientists. Technology began to take the role of workers, and everyday chores became very simple, and took almost no effort, making tech users very lazy. As accidents and fatalities made a major incline, the age of Technology, began to slowly fade; reverting things back to the simple life.

Majik Still prevailed over the world. During the age of technology's incline, the Arts of Majik was slowly growing, and attracting new students. This growth induced the need to build a school of the Majik teachings; The Magik Legion. Founded by Talos Regent Berg, to teach those intrested in the arts. The Majik Legion was first a small residental school, or a University, with dorms in other words, with only one a few classes;
White, which foucuses on healing and support.
Black; The arts of offensive majik,
Red [which was later refered to yellow]. Which focused heavily on defensive skills and status changing majik.
And the most complicated:
Blue, which manipulates the minds of enemies, and allows thier abilities to be learned.

The Legion slowly flourished, and the Legion grew from a small villa, to the largets and most populated city in Lunia.

The first Celestial;
Spoiler:

--Coming soon--

Scripts, Gameplay features, Music, Screenshots etc.
Spoiler:

Lunia World Map
Spoiler:

Early Gameplay Screenshots [everything is subject to change.]
Spoiler:

-Updated Main Menu Screen-
(CLEANED&REVISED)

-Loving the KCG Advanced text script- (UPDATED - Cleaner Windows.)

-Gotta love ATB. It's pretty fast paced, to provide a decent challenge.- (BRAND NEW "SLEEK" INTERFACE)

-Title Screen #3

======OLD SCREENS======

Old Title- Title#2

BEFORE ---------------------------------> AFTER

OLD MENU

OLD INTERFACE

BEFORE ---------------------------------> AFTER

I'm using various scripts from KCG. and many other awesome scripters of badass-ness^^
Spoiler:

-Yanfly- Options Menu
-KCG-ATB battle system (in combination with Tenkentai 2.8 SBS translated by Mr. Bubble, Kylock and Mr. Anonymous)
-KCG-Real time Day/Night system (Contemplating removing it. Probably going to be fully controlled by me.)
-KCG-Mini Map (REMOVED)
-If I can figure out why the Steal script by KCG isn't working, I'll use that too. I believe it's conflicting with SBS somehow... (FIXED)
-KCG-Item Classes
-KCG-Extra equip slots
-KCG-Equip Effects
-KCG-Battle Count (MIGHT REMOVE)
-KCG enemy guide
-KCG-Tileset Extension
-KCG-Synthesis
-Speed@'s enix/ffglass styled window.
-Woratana's Neo Save system
-Kylock's Light effects VX 1.1
-Kylock's Fade battle end music
-Woratana's Mini Map (REMOVED)
-KCG-Animated Cursor [might remove].... (REMOVED)
-Synthesize's Battle Back by area
-KCG's map lightening
-Puppeto4's Common events in Menu

Music!
Spoiler:

Sadly I don't know how to make my own. I didn't want to use MIDI, for the quality, and NOWAY I was using RTP. XP rtp music is nice though.
Im using music from various games, modified for looping in .ogg format. I chose to stay away from Final Fantasy music, as much as possible, to keep it a little more 'fresh'. Music rips are from games listed;
-Chrono Trigger
-Donkey Kong Country 1&2 (yes im serious... really nice OST's if you ask me.)
-Klonoa
-Final Fantasy 11 (including Piano versions.)
-Tales of Tempest [lol...]
-Final Fantasy 9
-.hack
-More that I'll post a little later

Sidequests [under major construction]
Spoiler:

Foot racing;
Spoiler:

You know, back in your childhood. chillin' in the 'hood. Nothing to do... How about a foot race?? Well I did that alot as a child. I wanted to run track, but that never happened for I was homeschooled after the 6th grade.
Here's how I plan to make it work; By talking to a select few NPC's in certain places, they may challenge you to a foot race. If you accept the challenge you will be moved to an obstacle course of sorts. You will run, and jump over random objects in your path and your opponent will as well. Of course, different opponents have different agility rates; meaning some will be slow and clumsy, while others will be quick and nimble. You can win prizes of course, and lean of a world-wide foot race competition, with better prizes, but also an entry fee. These events will take place at a certain time, on certain days, so be sure to check the schedual, and keep track of the date/time using your digi-com. [Which will be a digital inforation guide/pda type thing, once I set all of that up.]

Scavenger Hunts;
Spoiler:
Very similar to the mirror lake in FF8 and Chocographs in ff9. There will be a mysterious acheologist, in a certain location in the world. s/he will give you a clue describing where the treasure is hidden. If you find the location, just examine to recieve the item. You can then keep the item you found or trade it to the archiologist for an offered prize, ranging from money to equipment.

Misc. facts; / a bit about me and inspiration of Lunia.
Spoiler:
Tempest is give or take based from a person I know very well; Myself. I do feel somewhat abandoned at times, and I hide it. If you talk to me you'll notice I'm super hyper and bubbly at times or calm and quiet. Courest is also similar to myself, but not to the extent of Tempest. He isnt like me completely, but just one of my personality traits which I keep inside; Cold, heartless furious and lonely/sad. A side only my family has seen about a decade ago. That part of me still exists, but no one will see it. You will however feel it, since I write poetry alot. The fury is seldom seen, but tears still stain the paper. [I dont actually cry though... just saying lol.. I dont know how to cry anymore D:] You can call me "emo", not at all what society makes it though (with the wrist cutting and the "emo hair" haha) but I don't label myself, I'm just in touch with my emotions. I write poetry, draw, photoshop; just love creation. SO now I'm writing a book and interlacing it onto a game ^^.
ANYWAY! IDK where my ideas for Lunia came from... they just...came...sooo yeahh... Some parts inspired by music of many different genres. Yes just music alone lol.

I plan to release a demo soon! I don't have much time as I would like to work on this though sad.gif

This is what I have to show for now. I've written alot about more "In-Depth" details about places such as The Majik Legion and F2D Labs. [F2D is a self-given nickname. Since I'm a techno dork I decided with this name. It means "Fresh 2 Death"
but I'm gonna make it mean somting else in-game.] Also info on NPC's [Such as Genisis and her reasons for kidnapping Jonan] , resouces and scripts REALLY SOON! Within 24hrs ^^. Also the story behind Solara is a bit...shaky. I'm working on a better base. May even work without it altogether.

If you want to use my userbar, here's the code;
()
CODE
[topic=5753][img]http://i34.tinypic.com/28w2npe.jpg[/img][/topic]

UPDATED:

CODE
[topic=5753][img]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r79/lilmanblu88/CM-UserBar.png[/img][/topic]

Questions, comments, critisizms?
Thanks for reading lol,
C.Hill

This post has been edited by CHill19: Aug 23 2009, 07:51 AM

--------------------
-Those with the greatest awareness, expirence the greatest nightmares-

----My Project----

----Games I enjoy/Supported Games----

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Nekros
post Oct 23 2008, 10:28 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Writer

Mmm...hot moon on moon action.

"Daddy, look! An eclipse!"

"Ha ha, that's no eclipse son. The moons are just getting their freak on."

--------------------
"I love this job"
- Heath Ledger as The Joker in The Dark Knight

+Quote Post

CHill19
post Oct 24 2008, 12:03 AM
Post #3

CHill-
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nekros @ Oct 23 2008, 04:46 PM) *
Mmm...hot moon on moon action.

"Daddy, look! An eclipse!"

"Ha ha, that's no eclipse son. The moons are just getting their freak on."

LOL!!
uhm... anyway I made a small update, listing Scripts, and music.

--------------------

----My Project----

+Quote Post

Kriss
post Oct 30 2008, 07:17 PM
Post #4

NID Hitman
Group Icon

where can i find Item Classes Script

--------------------

+Quote Post

CHill19
post Nov 6 2008, 12:16 AM
Post #5

CHill-
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kriss @ Oct 30 2008, 01:35 PM) *
where can i find Item Classes Script

It's here on this site in the scrpits section. I belive it's stickied as well ohmy.gif. I'll find it nao.... brb

Ok I are back;
http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=1044

DL the demo there. Most of KCG's scripts are in it.

--------------------

----My Project----

+Quote Post

bakanekochansan
post Nov 6 2008, 04:40 AM
Post #6

Been playing Kirby recently xD
Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

WOW! this looks interesting! I wanna play this! XD When will you upload the demo?
And btw, I'm gonna use Chrono Trigger music too^^ It has so great soundtrack!

--------------------
My current project

go level up my brawler card :D

Click here to level up my card!

Spoiler:

Fuko Ibuki and Kotomi Ichinose are the best!

+Quote Post

CHill19
post Nov 7 2008, 01:03 AM
Post #7

CHill-
Group Icon

QUOTE (bakanekochansan @ Nov 5 2008, 10:58 PM) *
WOW! this looks interesting! I wanna play this! XD When will you upload the demo?
And btw, I'm gonna use Chrono Trigger music too^^ It has so great soundtrack!

Thanks! biggrin.gif
I'm working on putting the demo together now; I have about 10 minutes of gameplay. =[
Chrono Trigger is one of my favorite games lol I Love everything about it, especially the music haha.

--------------------

----My Project----

+Quote Post

Rixis
post Nov 7 2008, 01:46 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: True Neutral

QUOTE (CHill19 @ Nov 7 2008, 01:21 AM) *
Thanks! biggrin.gif
I'm working on putting the demo together now; I have about 10 minutes of gameplay. =[
Chrono Trigger is one of my favorite games lol I Love everything about it, especially the music haha.

If you still need an Idea for a title how about "Lunessence" Combo of the word Lunar(meaning moon) and essence, sounds kind catchy if you ask me, you can even do something clever in the title like "lunEssence" and m ake the E capital.

Sorry just trying to help a fellow writer out.

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I am your Goddess and you worship me then put this userbar in your sig :D!
-------------You must obey! @_@------------

Other stuff you SHOULD look at :].....Obey @_@!!!!!

Spoiler:
------------My current project-----------------

--------------Projects I'm looking forward to----------

+Quote Post

CHill19
post Nov 7 2008, 05:15 AM
Post #9

CHill-
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rixis @ Nov 6 2008, 08:04 PM) *
If you still need an Idea for a title how about "Lunessence" Combo of the word Lunar(meaning moon) and essence, sounds kind catchy if you ask me, you can even do something clever in the title like "lunEssence" and m ake the E capital.

Sorry just trying to help a fellow writer out.

ohmy.gif sounds pretty nice!
Thanks for the sugestion, I'll take it into major consideration lol. I simply have no other ideas. ;D

MAJOR UPDATE!!!
Added; Lunia world map, side quest info and early gameplay screenshots, showing a few features, and dynamic elements, be sure to check them out!

This post has been edited by CHill19: Nov 7 2008, 10:47 AM

--------------------

----My Project----

+Quote Post

Senapho
post Nov 20 2008, 04:17 AM
Post #10

Jack in, Mega-Man!
Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

Cool!The menus fantastic!
I'm using your userbar.
Good luck smile.gif

--------------------

My project:

+Quote Post

OverlordVulcan
post Nov 20 2008, 06:12 AM
Post #11

"Nothing burns hotter than my own fury!"
Group Icon

I like everything so far. :3

--------------------
Online Fanarts Protection - I realised it stopped updating, but I deem it a good cause to promote

+Quote Post

CHill19
post Nov 20 2008, 07:20 AM
Post #12

CHill-
Group Icon

w00t!! Suppoters! <33 I are happy! made my day [even though it's rather late...] =D!!! Thanks guys.

ahem anyway, small update. The demo is going quite slow since I have alot of other things to do, AND I have to make duplicates of townspeople and events, so I can have a day/night thing. Like dark cloud and dragon quest 8. Having people leave, or saying somthing new at different times of the day. Making lights come on/off, locking doors, having scary people come out at night etc, etc.

Also my plan to draw my own avatars, and digitally color them failed, because my scanner decided to NOT work =/. I'll have to stick to RTP for now T__T.

--------------------

----My Project----

+Quote Post

OverlordVulcan
post Nov 20 2008, 07:53 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Pretty sure you can just use some switch, like "NIGHT TIME", then you can just switch it off as well.

--------------------
Online Fanarts Protection - I realised it stopped updating, but I deem it a good cause to promote

+Quote Post

CHill19
post Nov 20 2008, 07:59 AM
Post #14

CHill-
Group Icon

Yeah that's what I meant lol.
With the day/night system, I have to set variables to the events: 1=day 2=dusk etc.
I'm just adding new dialouge for day and night.
Morning-Dusk I wont change, but night time, I wanted to have more shady characters hanging around.
Also the night will be a... well "special" time since, everything is based from the moon.

--------------------

----My Project----

+Quote Post

OverlordVulcan
post Nov 20 2008, 08:10 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

I prefer a controlled day/night system, seems like you're using a script. I find a controlled one would make more sense (okay, so maybe not like the world will explode in 5 minutes and you can grind for hours and 5 minutes hasn't passed), seeing as if you have to reach some place in the night but you arrive in the morning. Would probably mess up the whole system.

And you may want to remove this =P
(as if anyone's gonna do that yet lol)

--------------------

+Quote Post

CHill19
post Nov 20 2008, 08:26 AM
Post #16

CHill-
Group Icon

QUOTE (jcys810 @ Nov 20 2008, 02:28 AM) *
I prefer a controlled day/night system, seems like you're using a script. I find a controlled one would make more sense (okay, so maybe not like the world will explode in 5 minutes and you can grind for hours and 5 minutes hasn't passed), seeing as if you have to reach some place in the night but you arrive in the morning. Would probably mess up the whole system.

Yeah, I thought about doing that, but I just kept the script [I forgot the reason why...O_o]
They both have thier pros and cons.
What you said abt day/night on your thread (and right here), was the exact reason I considered getting rid of the script lol.

QUOTE (jcys810 @ Nov 20 2008, 02:28 AM) *
And you may want to remove this =P

lolz good idea ;D *edits*

This post has been edited by CHill19: Nov 20 2008, 08:27 AM

--------------------

----My Project----

+Quote Post

OverlordVulcan
post Nov 20 2008, 08:29 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

What you said abt day/night on your thread (and right here), was the exact reason I considered getting rid of the script lol.
Eh, lol. It's totally your preference.

Like you said, they both have their pros and cons.

You could make it like, if they are supposed to reach place X in the morning and they reach in the night, you could say place X is closed. And put a switch to disable the cutscene until its the morning.

--------------------

+Quote Post

CHill19
post Nov 20 2008, 08:36 AM
Post #18

CHill-
Group Icon

Yeah I can lol, and of course I can stop the time, or jump to a certain part of the day using the call script YEAH! that's why I kept the script...lol. because of that. So you can control time, when ever you want.
Say "We need to go to the moutains in the morning, so we can reach the top by nightfall." I could stop time in the morning -> travel the mountian -> sometime change to noon time -> Once they reach the top I can switch to dusk. Have a few events etc, and turn the auto control back on.

--------------------

----My Project----

+Quote Post

OverlordVulcan
post Nov 20 2008, 08:40 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Yep. I prefer to keep things simple and more in control so I don't think I'll be using that method. =P

--------------------

+Quote Post

CHill19
post Nov 20 2008, 08:44 AM
Post #20

CHill-
Group Icon

lol, to each his own then =P

--------------------

----My Project----

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 03:23 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.