iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

> Note for Tutorial Threads

New threads (tutorials) here will go into a moderation queue. You will not see your thread appear when you create it. A moderator will decide if it will be approved or denied.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> [-Other-] How to make animations, Explained :)
bammurdo
post Oct 26 2008, 09:51 AM
Post #1

purple rocks
Group Icon

How to make animations

Ok how many times have you ...

made the PERFECT skill, does a amazing amount of damage but then, you go to the animations and ... NOO sad.gif no animation for it.

well ...look no further here i will give detailed intructions on making animations ... in a few easy steps smile.gif

ok,

Step 1. Idea

DONT jump into a skill without a idea for it. if you randomly descide to make a skill, then randomly make something, it wont turn out good.

a good idea wouild be to write down what you want the animation to do ... for this example i will do a fire slash, with a punch afterwards.

Step 2. Starting

ok, so u've got your idea, a fire slash with a punch after. now to start on it, first select the graphic set for the fire slash, and on the second set, select the normal punch.
most animation set will come in orders so that you can place them down, they will be in the animation.
first make sure you change the max, put it up to 20, for now, just so we have enough room to work with.
( wait, why do we change the maximum? i hear you say. this is a easy question to answere, basically, in any database you want to use as less memory as posible or things will run slowly, so all the maximums are just the right size, to save up momory)

Step 3. Making the animation

ok, so we've got our Idea, and we have picked our graphics and we have changed the maximum, the next step, is making the animation.

ok, first place the first graphic of the fire slash, you want it just about shoulder height on your target. well done, you've made your very first frame. but wait ... it looks faint?? well, we can easyly fix that, right click on the graphic you layied down and click properties and change it to normal
right, as some of you may have noticed, the fire slash set also has some sort of flames. we will had these later.

ok, for the next frame MAKE SURE YOU CLICK "#002" on the side. click on the next graphic and place it in the exact same place as before, this will be marked out with a blue box.

for frame 3 do the same again BUT this time, when placing down you picture, move it left one and down one.
now for frame 4 put the 4th graphic
on the 5th put the 5th graphic
on the 6th put the 6th graphic

slash ... SEMI-DONE

Step 4. The punch

Ok, so we've ... got our Idea, change the maximums,picked our graphics and (half) completted our slash

right, you wouldn't slash and then punch straight away would you ?? so ...we have to wait, about 3-4 frames will be fine. ok on frame 9, place the first graphic of the punch bang in the middle,(HINT: if you want it exactly in the middle, click it so you can move it, then in the bottem corner, see the numbers?? make them go to 00,00)
move on to the next frame and put the next graphic. now put the last punch in , and your done smile.gif YEY your first EVER flire slash punch

Step 5. Effects

oops, we forgot somthing ... remember the flames that come with the fire slash??? this is the step we add them ...

go back to the 2nd slide, place the first flame graphic down, right click to change its properties. this time you want the blending to be ADD. you also need it to be slightly bigger, so change the zoom to about 110 smile.gif
now go down your frames adding the flame effect, (make sure you pick the next one though

once you've done your animation is very VERY nearly done.

Step 6. Sounds and flashes

right, so we've basicaly finished exept sounds, sounds are the hardest thing to explain, all i can say on sounds is, pick appropreate sound to do with your animation or it will not sound good wink.gif

flashes however are a bit easier... when ever something Hit, Slashes, strikes, the enemy, he should flash(usually), ok, so when he is first slashed he need to flash red and when he is punched, he needs to flash slightly white, yes?

ok, in he top corner, near where you name your animation, it will say " SE and flash timing" in that box click in it then right click and select edit, a box will pop up.
change the frame to 2
then click on "Target" in the flash section then change the colour to red(dark, light, you choose) for strength leave it how it is for the moment. (at this point add your slash sound effect)

now for the punch, click on a new line then right click, edit
do the same again but this time change the colour to white, AND make the strength to about 153 smile.gif

Step 7. Done

Animation ... DONE but first, fond the end off your animation ... writ down the last frame number, and change the max to that frame + 1
now play it, make sure theres no silly errors in it, and that the sounds fit smile.gif

Still cant make them ?? sad.gif
well, if you really need one and you can't learn from this, i suggest you try out my animation shop smile.gif

keep at it, eventually you will get it smile.gif
it took me about 2-3 days to learn smile.gif

i might add to this, thanks smile.gif
and hope this helps smile.gif
and i might (dont quote me) make a advanced one, making animations with a set that is not in order, or reqests that people ask for tongue.gif
Bam

This post has been edited by bammurdo: Nov 23 2008, 02:28 PM

--------------------
Projects
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

RuGeaR1277
post Oct 27 2008, 01:08 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

the first in around the net that i found! happy.gif
proud of you, bam~ =)
anyway, i think screenshots would make people understand better...

+Quote Post

bammurdo
post Oct 27 2008, 01:50 PM
Post #3

purple rocks
Group Icon

yeah, ill add screenies later , and i know, i though they might have been one or too but no *sigh * lol
bam

--------------------
Projects

+Quote Post

bammurdo
post Nov 4 2008, 10:06 PM
Post #4

purple rocks
Group Icon

sorry for double post, but the screenies are going to be late, ive got corsewrok :@
ill try and update ASAP smile.gif
bam

--------------------
Projects

+Quote Post

Chalupa
post Nov 16 2008, 09:19 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

This post has been edited by Chalupa: Nov 16 2008, 09:24 PM

+Quote Post

bammurdo
post Nov 21 2008, 03:17 PM
Post #6

purple rocks
Group Icon

ok, im just about ready to start on the second version of this, "How to make animations (Advanced)"
but only if people want it,
... anyone want it wink.gif
bam

--------------------
Projects

+Quote Post

Vizzy
post Nov 21 2008, 03:20 PM
Post #7

Master of Planning
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

QUOTE (bammurdo @ Nov 21 2008, 08:35 AM) *
ok, im just about ready to start on the second version of this, "How to make animations (Advanced)"
but only if people want it,
... anyone want it wink.gif
bam

i want it laugh.gif this has been really helpful

--------------------

+Quote Post

bammurdo
post Nov 21 2008, 03:25 PM
Post #8

purple rocks
Group Icon

lol ok biggrin.gif
ill start on it soon wink.gif
not yet tho, im not on my comp wink.gif
cyaz
bam

--------------------
Projects

+Quote Post

Jahnee
post Nov 21 2008, 08:03 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Type: Musician

This was an interesting tutorial. it also helped, thanks!

That advanced tutorial you're talking about would be really appreciated by me aswell (:

+Quote Post

bammurdo
post Nov 21 2008, 10:37 PM
Post #10

purple rocks
Group Icon

thanks dude XD
ill work on it as soon as possible, but i have a english corse work ... so :/
dw ill do it in my spare time smile.gif
bam

--------------------
Projects

+Quote Post

Senapho
post Nov 24 2008, 03:06 AM
Post #11

Jack in, Mega-Man!
Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

Very well written, but you must, must, must put in some screenshots.

--------------------

My project:

+Quote Post

bammurdo
post Nov 24 2008, 08:29 PM
Post #12

purple rocks
Group Icon

im working on about 4 things guys, and im going pritty slow, the screenies ... well i take one, then another then i get bored and delete them :@ ill work on em .. but i have 4 thing to do :@
corsework
some animations for some peeps at my shop
the second tut of this
and screenies :/
bam

--------------------
Projects

+Quote Post

NanatsuYoru
post Jan 28 2009, 01:09 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

This'll be usefull, thx.

+Quote Post

the real k'
post Feb 9 2009, 09:48 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Finally I was able to find something useful for animations! I couldn't find anything on youtube. XD

My only question regards making my own sprites for animations. I tried it, but when I uploaded them to RPG Maker, the sprites were choppy. Is there a template for animation sprites, or even a size limit for them?

+Quote Post

kmx210
post Apr 6 2010, 08:55 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Type: Writer

Thank you for this tutorial you are truly appreciated. keep up the good work

--------------------
When the mind and body give in. The heart and spirit take over

+Quote Post

darkjingle
post Aug 28 2010, 09:40 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Hi, i was wondering is there a way to maker the animation stay on screen after it has been done, like a shield (i have this bubble that goes over the player). Thx. Im also using a side view battle system as you may of guessed.

This post has been edited by darkjingle: Aug 28 2010, 09:41 PM

+Quote Post

Pentagonbuddy
post Aug 28 2010, 10:16 PM
Post #17

Obligated To Love <3
Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

This isn't a very good place to ask; I recommend the support forum. You'll want to give more details when asking for help, too, like which sideview battle system you're using. And be sure to check dates before you post, since this topic hasn't been posted in for months.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 10:58 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.