iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> ATTENTION!

Do not post questions about Ace in this section. Any and all Ace related support should be posted in the Ace section found here.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Multiplayer game
SkyBoy95
post Feb 17 2008, 05:11 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Hi!I'm new to rpg maker vx.My question is, can you make a multiplayer game with rpg maker vx?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

techie
post Feb 17 2008, 05:13 PM
Post #2

The forum Technician
Group Icon

Type: Artist

multiplayer as in online or two player?

--------------------
I take sig requests
Need a Title screen or a Game over screen for your game? Go Here and post a request. I will try and make one.

Do you have super smash bros brawl and a wifi connection? PM me and we can brawl together.

+Quote Post

GreenEquinox
post Feb 17 2008, 05:50 PM
Post #3

Problem Solver
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

QUOTE (SkyBoy95 @ Feb 17 2008, 11:03 AM) *
Hi!I'm new to rpg maker vx.My question is, can you make a multiplayer game with rpg maker vx?
RMVX is a single player engine by default, but with scripting you can change that (although no such scripts have been made for VX, as far as I know). You're probably better off to use a different game maker.

--------------------
4 8 15 16 23 42

Project: development

+Quote Post

FredNotBob
post Mar 5 2008, 04:26 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE (GreenEquinox @ Feb 17 2008, 09:42 AM) *
RMVX is a single player engine by default, but with scripting you can change that (although no such scripts have been made for VX, as far as I know). You're probably better off to use a different game maker.

I'd second Equinox's opinion: RPG Maker isn't built for multiplayer. Even with a script, it's likely to be clunky, because a lot of the data-handing functions for a truly 'online' game aren't coded into RPG Maker. If you wanted a two-player game, that's a bit more doable -- I'm fairly certain that it's just a matter of key-mapping, which isn't too hard if you have a good grasp of the basics.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 05:04 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.