iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

> ATTENTION!

Do not post questions about Ace in this section. Any and all Ace related support should be posted in the Ace section found here.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Script Calling?
MoarRPGs
post Apr 17 2013, 02:22 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Hello, I am a relatively new member to this forum and for the last couple of hours I have been searching any information in regards to script calling events in this forum. I have read several guides to mapping/scripting stuff in RPG Maker VX and a lot of them mention having to "script call" without ever describing what it is.

So, what is script calling and how do I do it? Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

esperhunter
post Apr 17 2013, 02:27 AM
Post #2

*Officially dead* :(
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Script calls are just lines that activate the actual event process within the Scripts section in your game. It can
do stuff like turn on switches and alter variables. Since you can do that with regular event commands, they
are mostly useless.

Most custom scripts you import into your game will use script calls to activate it or change something within
the script. Either way, script calling isn't something you really need to be concerned with if you're not using
any custom scripts.

--------------------

One of my current projects with an award-winning demo. Click to play!

Things I support
Spoiler:

Other stuff...
Spoiler:

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
If you are a pokemon fan...
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MoarRPGs
post Apr 17 2013, 02:31 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Thanks, also I am using a custom script from http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showto...mp;#entry260629 and I have no idea how to script call even after reading their instructions. I tried what they said and I couldn't get it to work... please help!

+Quote Post

Omegas7
post Apr 17 2013, 02:36 AM
Post #4

stai sprecando il tuo tempo
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

QUOTE (MoarRPGs @ Apr 16 2013, 10:31 PM) *
Thanks, also I am using a custom script from http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showto...mp;#entry260629 and I have no idea how to script call even after reading their instructions. I tried what they said and I couldn't get it to work... please help!

A script call is just like any other event action you've used so far (Show text message, change variable, add actor to party...). You have three pages from where to choose event commands - one of these is for script calls. I forgot which page (don't have VX with me), but one of these many buttons say something along the lines of "script call". Click it, and you will get a textfield. There, you type your script. In the case you posted, the script would be

CODE
$saver = Map_Saver.new

Whereas the other script call needed for the other page is

CODE
$saver.update

--------------------
Chooo Chooo

+Quote Post

MoarRPGs
post Apr 17 2013, 02:53 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

I tried that and it said "Script 'Game_Interpreter' line1411: NoMethodError occured. undefined method 'Map_Saver' for nil:Nil:Class"

and I checked the Game_Interpreter script and here are lines 1402-1411

CODE

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# * Script
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
def command_355
script = @list[@index].parameters[0] + "\n"
while next_event_code == 655
@index += 1
script += @list[@index].parameters[0] + "\n"
end
eval(script)

+Quote Post

Johnny0798
post Apr 17 2013, 05:21 PM
Post #6

If you're reading THIS, you're not reading THIS.
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

You need to have the updated Game_Interpreter script.
It's in my signature, under "Are you new to the forum?". It's called Variables Fix.

--------------------
My Works:

I have to make another support bar for my VX project, but while there isn't one, come here.
My script, Improved Window_Status. I should make a bar for it too!

- Join Deb, Mace, Akod, Johnny and Sketcy in the quest to uncover the secrets of the Yggdrasil Labyrinth!

I support:

- I ORDER you to play this!

Open the spoiler if you're new to the forum:
Spoiler:
Before everything, read the Forum's Rules.

Make an introduction of yourself here! Don't be shy! We don't bite! At least, I don't!

If you have problems with Switches, Variables or anything else related to events, take a look at Aindra's RPG Maker VX School, the best tutorial ever! Download the Practice Events to test your eventing skills!

Post projects made in RPG Maker VX here! Read the Rules and Guidelines before posting! Projects on any other program come here. Be sure to play other people's games too.

Check out our resources here! Request resources here. Make sure you read this and this before requesting!

Have any troubles using VX? Ask for help here! Read this, this and this before asking for help.

Get scripts for your game here! Don't say "Your script gives me an error saying "superclass mismatch"! What do I do?". If this happens, you're using VX Ace, and there's no other way around this than requesting it to be converted to RGSS3 here.

Request scripts for VX, and ONLY VX, here! If you have trouble using a script, ask for help here.

If you're working too much on your projects, take a rest here and here!

Do you use RPG Maker VX Ace Lite? Come to the brand-new Ace Lite section found here! I just don't know why is there a scripting section inside it, as Ace Lite has no scripting support, from what I've heard.

Well, I think that's all. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask, like I am!

+Quote Post

Virus 9
post Apr 17 2013, 09:38 PM
Post #7

Evil is a virus that spreads!
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

It is also in my "VX Answer Crown" Topic.

It seems if you fix your Variable then the project might work.

--------------------
EVIL RULES OVER ALL!
Spoiler:
After a great deal of a vote, I have been chosen to remain evil by the members of the forum! Now prepare for the 2nd stage of my plot!

I Support
Spoiler:

CODE
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/ftklqq.png[/img]

Building
Spoiler:

Read if New or Beginner!
Spoiler:
Are you new to RPG Maker VX or the Forum? I will help you with some simple guides to understanding.
  1. If you are new to the forum then make your introduction known to the community. Also if you are leaving us we would like to hear you there.
  2. If you have experience something wrong with this Community Forum that is not working right you can contact the staff by visiting the Feedback and Support.
  3. People like us are willing to help anyone who is having any problems with RPG Maker VX Program down here in the Support / Help Forum. We do provide some provided answers in here to read.Or you can contact RPG_Lover or Akod for help through PM.
  4. Need some new images/audios for your game? We provide a wide range for your game development needs in our Resource Showcase. We also provide if you can not find what you need a request for something.
  5. If it's scripts you need. We can help you find what functions you want to add to your games in our Complete RGSS2 Scripts! As well we provide a request if you got something else in mind you need.
  6. Got a game developed and ready to show? You can provide any Completed Games or Under Developed Games with us to get a result from the community.
  7. Now you can also relax in our Off-Discussion of RPG Maker VX.

We do have a small support for RPG Maker VX ACE here. I recommend if your starting to use RPG Maker VX to go and fix your Game_Interpreter. Make sure to follow the Community Rules and you will be OK on your way.

+Quote Post

MoarRPGs
post Apr 19 2013, 03:48 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

thanks!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 11:25 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.