iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!
8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Prophecy : The Demon Kingdom, A classic medieval tale of friendship and dark fantasy.
Chapter Two
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 176
Guests cannot vote 
Sagitar
post Dec 4 2008, 05:56 AM
Post #1

wild, open space...
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Welcome to the project thread for Prophecy : The Demon Kingdom! Thanks for taking the time to read about my new game wink.gif

I’ve been unraveling Prophecy’s story for years now in my head, and so while this is my first RPG Maker project, the game itself is sound in terms of plot and planning. Any feedback (including criticism) anyone can give is much appreciated; I can only hope everyone enjoys playing the game as much as I enjoy working on it every day. Roughly four hours of gameplay – the complete “Chapter One” – was successfully released on December 28, 2008.

Official Website
www.ProphecyDemonKingdom.net

Plot
Spoiler:

The story, roughly set in medieval times in the mythical kingdom of Rhylore, opens with a young peasant named Juno Crescent doing what he does best: getting into trouble with his roguish friend Motley. Together they live in a quiet backwater farming town called Stonemill, located in an obscure corner of the realm and separated from the bustling mainland by the great Rhylorean seas.

Stonemill is run by an oppressive tyrant, who has pushed and taxed the peasants of the small village to the point of rebellion. Juno's older brother Jack is the leader of the Black Roses, a small but formidable group of freedom fighters to which most of Stonemill's youth belong. The plot opens just as the tension begins to boil, erupting into a bloody struggle between the Black Roses and Lord Daradrik's corrupt soldiers.

Juno is soon forced to leave his home and venture out into the wild Rhylorean landscape. He and a growing number of companions discover lurking evil as well as ancient beauty in the enchanted world around them. When they stumble across dark secrets and corruption hidden deep within the noble workings of the realm, Juno's journey becomes one of moral questioning and self-discovery, of friendship and fortitude. And what begins as a simple quest transforms into an epic war between heavenly forces, with the very fate of the kingdom at stake.

Characters
Spoiler:

A humble nineteen-year-old peasant from the backwater hamlet of Stonemill, Juno's soft eyes and messy brown hair do little to set him apart from the average farmer. Along with his brother Jack and best friend Motley, he has spent his entire life sweating and straining in the village crop fields under the unforgiving Rhylorean sun. However, once fate and prophecy rip him from his mundane life and hurl him into a timeless adventure, Juno's bold, heroic nature begins to shine through.

Juno's older brother Jack has always offered a shining example of friendship, loyalty, and fortitude for the younger Crescent to look up to. His crimson hair is a genetic tribute to their deceased mother, and his dark eyes burn with the fiery passion of a born warrior. Jack founded the hardy Black Rose resistance to protect his fellow peasants from the crushing taxes and tyranny of Lord Daradrik, and when tension begins to escalate, he bravely takes his place on the front lines defending the innocent.

Along with her brother Motley, Bri lost both her parents at a young age, and was raised as a beloved daughter in the Crescent family. Although holding a meager eighteen years under her belt, she performs nearly all of the matronly duties at the Crescent Homestead. She maintains a faithful and friendly attitude despite the enormous amount of responsibility piled atop her slender shoulders; her soft blond hair, sparkling eyes, and lively smile do a great deal to make life in Stonemill livable.

Bri's brother and Juno's mischievous best friend, Motley provides the oppressed population of Stonemill with a bit of much-needed lightheartedness. His spiky green hair and broad smile contrast greatly with the majority of his fellow villagers, and he stubbornly remains a source of jokes and playful banter throughout the most dire of situations. Unknown to Juno and Bri, Motley is a respected member of the Black Rose resistance, and opposes Lord Daradrik’s tyranny with all his heart.

Klotho is a friendly minstrel from the Rhylorean mainland who seems to harbor more wisdom than he regularly lets on. Known simply as “Bard” in many places throughout the realm, he maintains an eloquent dialect and a mysterious aura that suggests an almost ethereal nature, and his one pale blue eye appears to gaze beyond the boundaries of normal sight. Despite all his enigmatic quirks, however, the Bard remains a fountain of companionable support and pleasantry.

Screenshots
Spoiler:

An engaging storyline, full of dark fantasy and lore.

Colorful and mystical settings provide a visually appealing backdrop for the plot.

A sideview battle system implementing tons of powerful skills.

Several subplots and side-quests offer depth to NPCs and party members.

Special tactical battles require careful strategy and coordination.

A detailed Quest Log keeps track of storyline objectives.

"Mixology" is just one of the many unique event systems utilized.

Collectible maps depict the world of Rhylore from a bird's eye view.

Multiple towns play home to lifelike bustle and distinctive personalities.

Download
Released on June 20, 2009, this final version of "Chapter One" contains over four hours of solid gameplay, in addition to a 30-minute teaser demo of the upcoming second chapter :
http://www.sendspace.com/file/harf0a

(RTP data is NOT included)

Features
- Over four hours of immersive gameplay in Chapter One, including action-packed battles, gripping cutscenes, realistic character development, and engaging side-quests.
- Two interwoven battle systems that offer both fast-paced thrills and thoughtful strategizing.
- Several customized event systems (such as the original “Mixology” feature) that allow for various in-game activities.
- Tons of scripts from the good people in the community such as Kylock’s Light Effects, KGC’s Overdrive and Skill Slots, modern algebra’s Quest Journal, DerVVulfman’s Battlebacks, woratana’s Multiple Fogs, and many, many more.
- Alternate cutscenes and dialogue based on players' choices.
- An entire high-quality soundtrack (though not custom) written by esteemed composer MaestroRage.

Credits
All credits are contained within the game itself (in traditional fashion), as well as in a plain text file in the download folder. PM me if you find any sort of crediting problem and I will happily resolve it for you. Believe me, the last thing I want if for anyone’s hard work to go uncredited!

Support
Show your support for this project by displaying my userbar in your signature! There are also six polished, character-themed userbars in the Credits section of the official site, if you're interested. Any help spreading the word around is appreciated biggrin.gif

CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=7005"]
[img]http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/3948/prophecyzs7.jpg[/img]
[/url]

Please let me know what you think!! I hope you enjoy the game!!

This post has been edited by Sagitar: Feb 14 2010, 10:02 PM

--------------------

Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter

Spoiler:

Supporting . . .

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Thunderclam
post Dec 4 2008, 11:12 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

Seems like you've put a lot of work into this, especially in your colorful descriptions of cutscenes. You've definitely taken your lessons from videogame packaging past and present.

The features you're planning are interesting, your mapping is great, and I like the little details in your world-building. Anyway, keep up the good work.

+Quote Post

Hesufo
post Dec 4 2008, 12:23 PM
Post #3

Back, I guess.
Group Icon

I do wonder why was this topic moved... Anyways.

You story looks pretty interesting, even if it does have some clich stuff ~ you might be able to pull it off nicely. You do give a lot of vague descriptions about what happens in the story. That's okay as well. Nobody wants to spoil the whole story.

The actual game looks promising, to say the least. I loved the fogs effect. Just seeing those screenies made me want to use it. Everything looks well done, I'm already looking forward to playing this game of yours!

I'll be keeping an eye on this. Go for it!

--------------------

A dedicated (?) Lucky Star fan. w
A big thanks to Kouki for the banner!

"If there is an exception to every rule, then every rule must have at least one exception, the exception to this one being that it has no exception."

My project, Forgotten Wishes - Demo 1.5 (1/04/2009) now available!

+Quote Post

Enelvon
post Dec 4 2008, 01:06 PM
Post #4

The Lost One
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Hesufo - I moved it as it does not yet have a demo, which is one of the things we look for in games that are in the main Project Dev board.

That said, this is a nice thread, and seems to be well thought out. Good work! ^_^b

-Enelvon

+Quote Post

Rixis
post Dec 4 2008, 09:09 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: True Neutral

wow this looks really good o.o! well put together, just hope the story is good too, it what I main look for personally smile.gif

--------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I am your Goddess and you worship me then put this userbar in your sig :D!
-------------You must obey! @_@------------

Other stuff you SHOULD look at :].....Obey @_@!!!!!

Spoiler:
------------My current project-----------------

--------------Projects I'm looking forward to----------

+Quote Post

mudducky
post Dec 4 2008, 09:23 PM
Post #6

Lurking...
Group Icon

The plot seems planned out nicely. You seem to have decided to start the story at it's best point from what you have said.

The characters seem well thought out. I partially like how they have second names as it suggests you have given them good depth.

The mapping you have shown is fantastic. I've not seen mapping like this from the RTP yet, however have always believed small yet very detailed maps fit best with the RTP set. You seem to have proven it does.

I like the idea of this mixing item system. It sounds very good. You seem to be using the best scripts out there. So this game seems very promising.

I am looking forward to your first demo. smile.gif

--------------------
Want help with learning the RPG Maker VX events?

Support. Check out these projects! They are not placed in top ranking order or anything like that.

+Quote Post

Sagitar
post Dec 4 2008, 11:10 PM
Post #7

wild, open space...
Group Icon

Thanks for all the positive (and quick) feedback, everyone! It really is appreciated, I can't overstate that fact.

@ Thunderclam : Nothing bad to say, huh? That's a pretty good feeling... I have put quite a bit of work into this already, it's certainly nice to have people notice. Play the game when it comes out, I'm sure you'll love it!

@ Hesufo : The story may seem a bit clich, but you nailed it: I didn't want to preemptively give away too many significant plot points. When the details fill in as you play through the game, I'm certain the story will throw you a decent amount of curve balls biggrin.gif And it's amazing how much those fogs can add to a map, isn't it?

@ Enelvon : Sorry about posting in the wrong spot... I've got so much done and so much planned already I hadn't even thought to put it in under "Early Projects". Thanks for the compliments! I hope you take the time to play the game upon its release.

@ Rixis : If you're all about the story then I'm 100% sure this game will appeal to you! As I mentioned in the top post, I've been working out the story (in dozens of in-depth outlines and brain-storming sessions) for years, and I think it has the potential to completely envelop players. Thanks for the comments!

@ mudducky : I try to thicken the plot at every opportunity without making it too confusing... and it certainly helps when it is driven by strong characters, which I have always believed are the most important part of any story in any medium. Needless to say, plan on learning a lot more about each character than just their last name wink.gif From what I've read on these forums and others, the VX RTP is seriously underrated; it's just a matter of using it properly. I really appreciate your compliments of my mapping... it was probably the thing I struggled (struggle) with most. And I hope you like the Mixing system (along with other more traditional systems like fishing, banking, etc.), as well the different combinations of scripts in the game. Getting everything to fit to the point where it truly augments the gaming experience has been tough and time-consuming!

Again, thanks for all the feedback and the kind words. I've been inspired (cheesy, I know) to the point where I'm off to work on Prophecy right now! Keep it coming, and remember to play Chapter One in just a few short weeks when it's released smile.gif

This post has been edited by Sagitar: Dec 4 2008, 11:10 PM

--------------------

Spoiler:

Supporting . . .

+Quote Post

Rixis
post Dec 4 2008, 11:32 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Type: Writer

got a userbar? I would like to show my support smile.gif

--------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I am your Goddess and you worship me then put this userbar in your sig :D!
-------------You must obey! @_@------------

Other stuff you SHOULD look at :].....Obey @_@!!!!!

Spoiler:
------------My current project-----------------

--------------Projects I'm looking forward to----------

+Quote Post

Enelvon
post Dec 4 2008, 11:41 PM
Post #9

The Lost One
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Oh, hah. Posting in the wrong place isn't too much of a problem when it's on one of my boards - I don't mind, and will just move it quickly. I understand why you didn't post in Early Projects, of course. It's just due to board guidelines that I moved it. P:

And yes, I will give it a try when it comes out. My list of games to try is huge, so it may not be for a while... @_@

-Enelvon

+Quote Post

Sagitar
post Dec 5 2008, 12:18 AM
Post #10

wild, open space...
Group Icon

Rixis, I've added a small "Support" section in my top post. I honestly didn't think anyone would care enough (at least until I released the demo) to put my userbar up, let alone specifically ask for it! Thanks for your support, I mean it.

Haha, Enelvon, I understand about the huge list of games better than I'd like to... Good luck with all of them!

--------------------

Spoiler:

Supporting . . .

+Quote Post

OverlordVulcan
post Dec 5 2008, 03:11 AM
Post #11

"Nothing burns hotter than my own fury!"
Group Icon

You have my support as well biggrin.gif

--------------------
Online Fanarts Protection - I realised it stopped updating, but I deem it a good cause to promote

+Quote Post

Vizzy
post Dec 5 2008, 03:41 AM
Post #12

Master of Planning
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I like the mix of a tactics battle system and a side view system. IT brings me back to the days of Bahamaut Lagoon. Are the two systems separate or have you found a way to mix them? Either way I look forward to testing out your demo.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Sagitar
post Dec 5 2008, 10:06 PM
Post #13

wild, open space...
Group Icon

Jcys810 (or Impulse or Justin), thank you very much for your support! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

As for your question, Vauscious, the two battle systems are seperate. Certain major battles will transition from one style to another, but tactics and sideview remain two distinct systems throughout. You can have the greatest story ever written, but I feel like there still needs to be some variety in the actual gameplay... They are games, after all.

I hope you'll play and enjoy the demo in just a few weeks!

--------------------

Spoiler:

Supporting . . .

+Quote Post

Vizzy
post Dec 6 2008, 04:21 AM
Post #14

Master of Planning
Group Icon

QUOTE (Sagitar @ Dec 5 2008, 03:24 PM) *
Jcys810 (or Impulse or Justin), thank you very much for your support! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

As for your question, Vauscious, the two battle systems are seperate. Certain major battles will transition from one style to another, but tactics and sideview remain two distinct systems throughout. You can have the greatest story ever written, but I feel like there still needs to be some variety in the actual gameplay... They are games, after all.

I hope you'll play and enjoy the demo in just a few weeks!

Okay. It'll be great to see them implemented. Besides the RPG I'm working on I also have an idea for a tactics game that would allow you to do one hit in a battle sequence like Fire Emblem/ Shing Force or like Bahamuat Lagoon where you have one round of side-view battles. But alas there is no script for it and I do not yet know how to script.

This post has been edited by Vascious: Dec 6 2008, 04:24 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

OverlordVulcan
post Dec 6 2008, 04:44 AM
Post #15

"Nothing burns hotter than my own fury!"
Group Icon

Jcys810 (or Impulse or Justin), thank you very much for your support!

Hey, no proble-

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

-m...

>.>

<.<

*Scoot scoot*

--------------------
Online Fanarts Protection - I realised it stopped updating, but I deem it a good cause to promote

+Quote Post

CHill19
post Dec 6 2008, 07:27 AM
Post #16

CHill-
Group Icon

QUOTE (Sagitar @ Dec 4 2008, 06:36 PM) *
Rixis, I've added a small "Support" section in my top post. I honestly didn't think anyone would care enough (at least until I released the demo) to put my userbar up,

Funny, I thought the same thing biggrin.gif.

Your project looks so pro biggrin.gif. I'm a bit envious even.
Love the mapping, and the... uhm... [forgot the word...] FEATURES! yeah...you'll be using lol.
I'll be awaiting the demo =]

This post has been edited by CHill19: Dec 6 2008, 07:28 AM

--------------------
-Those with the greatest awareness, expirence the greatest nightmares-

----My Project----

----Games I enjoy/Supported Games----

+Quote Post

Thaeodora
post Dec 6 2008, 12:19 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

This looks Fantastic! I'm officially supporting it.
Lots of love

--------------------------------

Currently Working on:

Script: 30%, Maps: 40%, Graphics: 50%

I support:

--------------------
-----------

Working On:
Plague Runners

I'm currently playing:

I'm currently supporting with all my soul:

+Quote Post

darksun
post Dec 6 2008, 01:52 PM
Post #18

Let your imagination flow.......
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

I liked the screenshots, and I enjoyed the first paragraph of the story xD (I didn't read the rest)
I hope you make an RPG diferent than the usual RPGs made by amateurs, I think that's what you plan to do wink.gif

This post has been edited by darksun: Dec 6 2008, 01:53 PM

--------------------
Project-G creations Forum:
http://projectg.freeforums.org/

+Quote Post

Sagitar
post Dec 6 2008, 05:26 PM
Post #19

wild, open space...
Group Icon

@ Vascious : That idea sounds really cool! Tactics games are a lot of fun on their own (never played Bahamut Lagoon, but the others I'm familiar with) but a sprinkle of action in there makes them so much more fun. Unfortunately, like you, I'm no scripter sad.gif

@ CHill19 : I appreciate the kind words... I was trying to present the game in a very professional way, and it seems to have worked. Your game looks fascinating, by the way! I haven't gotten a chance yet, but soon I'll be moving through the forum and commenting on all the games I like and support, the way you've done with mine. Celestial Moon is certainly one of the most promising ones out of the bunch!

@ Thaeodora : Thanks so much for the support, and for the love wink.gif

@ darksun : Making something different from the standard is among my priorities, that's for sure. My biggest goal is to make Prophecy "a game for everyone"; I want it to have everything anyone could possibly want out of an RPG. I truly hope you enjoy it!

Thanks again, everyone... I may sound like a broken record repeating myself, but I can't say it enough. I've spent (and am spending) a LOT of time and energy on the project, and it's amazing to know people are genuinely interested. So thank you biggrin.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Supporting . . .

+Quote Post

Thaeodora
post Dec 8 2008, 03:13 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Sorry if you've alreayd been asked a million times or you have it posted somewhere, and i'm blind enough to miss it...
but do you have a release date for the demo yet?

Soon as it comes out I'm going to play~~ <3

--------------------------------

I support:

--------------------
-----------

Working On:
Plague Runners

I'm currently playing:

I'm currently supporting with all my soul:

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 11:53 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.