iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Note for Tutorial Threads

New threads (tutorials) here will go into a moderation queue. You will not see your thread appear when you create it. A moderator will decide if it will be approved or denied.

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Beginner's Guide to RPG Maker VX
Rating 5 V
Jasonicus
post Mar 11 2011, 02:03 PM
Post #161

Old Friend
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

No idea what you two mean, site works fine and the download works fine if you sign in to the site or even Facebook.

This thread is turning into a mess. Since there are no new updates and probably won't be this will be closed for now. If there will be an update from...whoever, PM me and I can re-open for said update.

--------------------
Trailer for It Came From Yesterday: Click Me

This was made by a dear friend of mine. Any support is appreciated! Also, Like the Facebook page while you're at it: It Came From Yesterday

New and improved official site: ICFY

Swagbucks referral link: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jbart321
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Kelsper
post Jun 19 2011, 07:44 AM
Post #162

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Once again, thanks again to BenKo for this amazing guide. Essentially, I have now finished "adding" to it. Sorry for the delay, I've had a rough past 4 months with exams and such.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/45833692/Beginne...to-RPG-Maker-VX

This is version 0.85. Remember that this is still under version 1.0, so it is not "completed." The last section and the glossary are still incomplete and other sections can be updated.

There are a number of links that you need to click on. Simply hold Ctrl and click on them to open the link in a new window.

If anyone has any suggestions about what to add or perhaps things I have missed out (it is hard to keep track of everything you can do in RPG Maker VX), you can post them here. If you wish to contact me privately my email is kelsper@hotmail.co.uk.

Thanks, Kelsper.

This post has been edited by Kelsper: Sep 4 2011, 06:51 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

banhammer
post Jul 5 2011, 01:14 AM
Post #163

Group Icon

This 66 page tutorial helped me with pretty much everything I needed to know about RPG building and structure.
Doesn't cover variables, but it doesn't have to
Now it's only a matter of getting my mind warped around graphics customization

Edit: Just read the post above me. Great work as well biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by banhammer: Jul 5 2011, 01:46 AM

+Quote Post

Steelz
post Jul 11 2011, 06:12 PM
Post #164

Group Icon

Type: Designer

thanks a lot! i'm new to the board..an i'm just getting starting to learn the Rpg maker program this will a great help...thanks again! #salute

+Quote Post

Filius Rex
post Jul 14 2011, 02:52 PM
Post #165

Group Icon

I read through this a while ago, when i had just gotten rpg maker vx, and any questions i had were answered!
(i downloaded the legend of gladius too! it was a great game) biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

amerk
post Jul 14 2011, 03:44 PM
Post #166

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

I wonder if people are sort of missing the point. While the original 66 page guide was enough to get you started and on your way, it was never complete. Benko, the guide's original author, even admitted to this. Kelsper didn't just come in on his own, he had Benko's blessing to finish the guide since Benko was too busy. Kelsper has even said that had Benko never started it, Kelsper may never had the motivation to do this himself, so it really is a joint effort between the two.

Kelsper added about another 60+ pages to the guide. Some of it should be common sense, but a lot of it is still good information. He goes into great detail about advanced topics, such as using more complicated switches, common events/switches, touching the script database, enabling/disabling save options, and even a tutorial on how to add battlebacks.

Anybody new coming into VX, or to any RPG Maker program, will benefit on this complete guide. It's very informative and one of the easiest to understand, and what you learn here can very easily be carried over to other existing makers (such as XP) because while the programs may be different and require additional understanding, the general use of the programs remains similar if not the same.

+Quote Post

Ayx
post Jul 25 2011, 11:11 PM
Post #167

Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Going to give this a glimpse. I just started today so I want to see what mental notes I can grab. I'll edit this post with the progress so far. Thank you for making it easier for newcomers!

+Quote Post

Alexv2x
post Jul 27 2011, 10:54 AM
Post #168

Group Icon

As a complete newb I have to say without this guide I would've been TOTALLY lost so you have my thanks biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Snipperdepipper
post Aug 2 2011, 04:01 PM
Post #169

Group Icon

Yay, I read the first half through this morning and afternoon. It took me a while to find out that there actually was the second half as wel. Perhaps the link to the 'complete', which Kelsper posted above, can be put into the first post of this topic?
It's a great way of discovering the program.

+Quote Post

Pentagonbuddy
post Aug 3 2011, 03:01 AM
Post #170

Obligated To Love <3
Group Icon

QUOTE (Snipperdepipper @ Aug 2 2011, 09:01 AM) *
Yay, I read the first half through this morning and afternoon. It took me a while to find out that there actually was the second half as wel. Perhaps the link to the 'complete', which Kelsper posted above, can be put into the first post of this topic?
It's a great way of discovering the program.

That's a great idea, really! And now it is done~!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kelsper
post Sep 4 2011, 06:53 PM
Post #171

Group Icon

Now I've uploaded the guide to multiupload so if people want to easily download the .pdf they can.

http://www.multiupload.com/7BAQDTIUAH

And done a few tweaks to the guide. Nothing major, I've been unfortunately rather busy as of late.

Thanks, Kelsper.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fireiceleaf
post Oct 10 2011, 09:30 PM
Post #172

Group Icon

Hello smile.gif

I have used your pdf heaps, smile.gif

I'm brand new to this post stuff, so I hope I'm doing this right...

I left a post about a problem I had and I lost it :/ I have no idea how to use this site...

So I thought I would ask it here. Because you seem really nice.

So here it is,

When I create a conversation between my characters I can do it all fine, face set appears and all.

However its not exactly how I would like it, I would like the full body to appear, such as in the video -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrwhqUUItps

Have you any idea on how to do it?

If you do, a tutorial on it would be greatly appreciated biggrin.gif

I've had this problem so very very long :/

So I hope you can help me smile.gif

Thank you! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Pentagonbuddy
post Oct 10 2011, 09:47 PM
Post #173

Obligated To Love <3
Group Icon

Ah, if you'd like help with something, you can post a topic in the RMVX support/help forum~!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fireiceleaf
post Oct 10 2011, 10:22 PM
Post #174

Group Icon

QUOTE (Pentagonhead @ Oct 11 2011, 08:17 AM) *
Ah, if you'd like help with something, you can post a topic in the RMVX support/help forum~!

Oh smile.gif Thanks... Silly me smile.gif

+Quote Post

zellrang
post Nov 7 2011, 09:58 PM
Post #175

Group Icon

QUOTE (xVaizardx @ Jan 16 2009, 12:07 AM) *
i dont know if this was just mine or if it was sopposed to end like that but the tutorial stops at the event with lime when u make her tell u to go get sword etc

its already 2011 now... are you still busy... 'cause for me since I don't know what to do next... I just editing the dialogue between Zach and Salazar , and the dialogue between them with Lime... and now I think I've just perfected the dialogue and I just don't what to do next...

+Quote Post

wild_bill236
post Nov 8 2011, 04:15 AM
Post #176

Group Icon

thanks to Benko for starting the guide and Kelsper for finishing it.

after you complete it do u think you'll work on an advanced guide with a bigger and longer story with atleast 2 bosses that'll let us do more things and have a more understanding.

thanks in avdance

+Quote Post

Mordieth
post Nov 10 2011, 03:36 PM
Post #177

Group Icon

Excellent guide. Very helpful for new users like myself!

I owe you one biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Twin1127
post Nov 21 2011, 04:28 PM
Post #178

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

can anyone help me out with something? Im trying to finish a rough draft of a game im making for some friends of mine. Im trying to figure out though how to put the game on facebook for them to see/play. is this possible?

+Quote Post

Jasonicus
post Nov 21 2011, 05:16 PM
Post #179

Old Friend
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

QUOTE (Twin1127 @ Nov 21 2011, 11:28 AM) *
can anyone help me out with something? Im trying to finish a rough draft of a game im making for some friends of mine. Im trying to figure out though how to put the game on facebook for them to see/play. is this possible?

No, and why would you post this here? Please search next time. We have stickies about these things(as I am assuming you mean embedding it or something). You'll have to upload it to a site and they can download the executable. This is in our Wiki if you are unsure of the process.

--------------------
Trailer for It Came From Yesterday: Click Me

This was made by a dear friend of mine. Any support is appreciated! Also, Like the Facebook page while you're at it: It Came From Yesterday

New and improved official site: ICFY

Swagbucks referral link: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jbart321

+Quote Post

Scott421
post Feb 26 2012, 02:57 PM
Post #180

Group Icon

This helped me so much!!!! Thx alot and keep up the good work!!!!!!

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 08:17 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.