iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Legend of Astagia Full., Had a LOT of free time..
Xyphon
post Dec 21 2008, 11:59 PM
Post #1

I only have one gear: Go!
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Yeah, already. Had a lot of free time, the game is I'm not sure how long guessing 3-5 hours. Haven't completed it myself but have tested every part.
If you come up with glitches it's most likely either when I added things without testing them at the beggining, or after-battle parts, where as I can't start a game there.

Anyways..

Characters:
Xiner
One day, Xiner woke up on a beach, completely oblivous to how he got there and completely out of his memory except for his name. After being brought to shore, by a young girl named Sasha, he is told if he helps their village they will help him home. After he helps their village a strange evil man comes and takes him away, and after rescued, their quest begins. Xiner often has times when he shortly remembers something that's happened before, believing it is his own memory. Xiner is the clasic hero type, just your average guy impressing the girls with his 'manlyness'.

Sasha
Sasha, and her best friend Richard were one day going canoing when they found a boy on a beach near by. They went over to him when he passed out, so they took him back to their home town to give him rest. Later, he woke up, and met Sasha. Sasha then introduced him around and told him if he helped her defend the town, she would help him home. But he was kidnapped so Richard and Sasha set out to find him, and when they did, their adventure started (yes ending is exactly the same as Xiners, and is going to be the same as Richards pretty much). Sasha is the classic pretty-girl type. The one in all games who is an okay fighter, but is mostly there for fan-service, which we all know and love. She is your average girl, and has an obvious crush on Xiner, while often trying to hide it.

Richard.
Richard doesn't have much backstory other than going with Sasha to find Xiner, and then being introduced to Xiner by Sasha after he awokened. He made the suggestion for him to help them fight off the raiders. After Xiner was kidnapped he took charge into getting him back, and when they did, their adventure started (once again, the same). Richard is often the tough-ass bastard that's in most fantasy game, but he is also often sincere which makes him a bit different than the character persona that we all like, but we also hate half the time.

Vampris/Kilam
Oh god, I love this guy. He is one of the strongest members in the organization, and before finishing you, he says he'll spare you if you help him become human(obviously, he is a vampire.. Doi!), because he wants to feel, and not to live for an eternity. He becomes human, and uses the alias 'Kilam' to get rid of his Vampire origion. Vampris/Kilam is somewhat comical relief. He doesn't make jokes, but he often triggers jokes. He is also one of the most sincere characters, and a lot of the plot involves him.

Sandy
Sandy is a drunk hitchhiking adventurer who has little advance in the story. You meet Sandy when you need to find the location of an underground crystal. She barely has a word in the whole story, yet she is a reaccuring(/always in your party after you meet her) character. She is not at all involved the plot and is just one of those random characters like Yuffie from FF7.

Ronaldo
This guy is by far the most retarded of the group. Not to the point that he doesn't know what's going on.. But he's just stupid. He threatens to kill you, loses, and then goes on about this mushy crap between him and his 'best friend' Vampris, and then threatens to kill Vampris. After losing yet again, Vampris goes on about this mushy crap and they instantly become friends again. Luckely, you don't see much of him. Basically, Ronaldo is the guy who never stops with the mushy friend crap until he's dead -- oops, ruined something. Meh, I'm sure after you get him as a character you WANT him dead.

Astagia
Astagia isn't a character... But more a character from the past. When and if I make another Astagia game, it will be a prelogue to this game, with Astagia being one of the main characters.

Story
After being washed up onto a beach and passing out, Xiner awoken in Sasha's house, after a long 'sleep'. After defeating a group of raiders with the help of Sasha and Richard, he was kidnapped by a shadow-like man, who told them he would be keeping him in a castle to the east. Confused about why xiner was kidnapped, and why the man would reveal his hideout, they went to get him. It turned out the main plan was to kill the two kids, by having them attacked by one of his minions. After the minion's defeat, the shadowlike man(Zibarg) (took off kindom hearts, Xigbar I believe) turned it into a game, he didn't want taking over (or fixing as he and some minions often call it) the world to be as easy as it seemed. He told them about the 6 other crystals to get into his castle, and released Xiner, who was holding one of the crystals. He said the 6 crystals were guarded by 6 other minions. So they set out! But, he still knew that Xiner was a threat to his organization.. for a reason unknown so far, so even though he released him, that was all part of his game. He wanted to capture him again, the thrill was unbarable for him, that's why he kept standing on thin ice. Was him telling them this a bad idea? Or would he play his sick game and if they survived, merely vanquish the humans, then following to take over the world?
Well, I think we all know that no story ends as stupid as that, so we know what will happen.. But we don't know what the story will entail. So play to find out!

Screeeeeniiiiiiieeeeeeees ^^:
House
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

City

Battle

Download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/9y25nf
Sorry for delay.

Yes, with a plot like this it could have been longer... Was it? No, so shut up.

PM me if you want to help me with more games!

This post has been edited by Xyphon: Dec 22 2008, 04:55 PM

--------------------
Ahoy there sailor, can you do the otter dance? First you take your right flipper and you slap it on your pants. Next you take your left flipper and you catch a little fish. Then you take your little tail and you swish swish swish!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Xyphon
post Dec 22 2008, 02:50 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Oops, spotted a glitch. Updated.

--------------------
Ahoy there sailor, can you do the otter dance? First you take your right flipper and you slap it on your pants. Next you take your left flipper and you catch a little fish. Then you take your little tail and you swish swish swish!

+Quote Post

Confederacy
post Dec 22 2008, 03:33 AM
Post #3

Hello, my sweet lil' honey bee.
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

First off, don't bump, edit your post.

Secondly, is this the entire game or a demo? huh.gif

--------------------

Games (they have links! Click them!): Coming soon with *truly* remarkable games!
Oh oh oh, can I contribute to this conversation!?
I have an opinion about a game.

You're an idiot!

+Quote Post

Xyphon
post Dec 22 2008, 05:00 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

An entire game. As I said before... It's not rushed.. Just had too much free time to handle. If you are asking because of errors.. Well I removed the link to fix those.. Link added again, now that it's beaten.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Confederacy
post Dec 22 2008, 05:19 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (Xyphon)
Anyways..
The demo is only about 15 minutes if you know what you're doing. I will release a full demo after I get more done. Although, there are two bosses out of about 10 in this short time but that's because they are more like sub bosses, you beat them so the characters learn the plot. The rest will take much longer.

^ This is a little misleading...

--------------------

Games (they have links! Click them!): Coming soon with *truly* remarkable games!

You're an idiot!

+Quote Post

Zxaldien
post Dec 22 2008, 10:12 AM
Post #6

Sneaking into the night
Group Icon

QUOTE (Confederacy @ Dec 21 2008, 09:37 PM) *
^ This is a little misleading...

i think it might just be copy pasted from his demo project thread.

I'll download this in the morning

This post has been edited by Zxaldien: Dec 22 2008, 11:11 AM

--------------------

Story-90%, Event/scripts-25%, Maps-5%, Other-10%
Thanks for the userbar Zabre!

GrandmaDeb's Resource Index

GrandmaDeb's Script Index

Thanks Even Angels!

You call me arrogant because I speak the truth when I proclaim myself to be superior to you. If it wasn't the truth, then you would be calling me a liar not arrogant.

you can only get the clap so many times before it turns into applause

+Quote Post

Ketsueki
post Dec 22 2008, 04:01 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Type: Writer

Hmmm cool game. Just downloaded. ph34r.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Confederacy
post Dec 22 2008, 04:42 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Well I got to the part where meet you Richard and I stopped. The dialogue was above average, the plot was rather dull, and the places were usually empty.

This post has been edited by Confederacy: Dec 22 2008, 04:42 PM

--------------------

You're an idiot!

+Quote Post

Xyphon
post Dec 22 2008, 04:50 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Sorry about the umm demo thing, lol.
Confederecy: Yeah, I'm a pretty good diologer for a 13 year old wink.gif, Yeah I guess... But it's more what happens further in the story that I don't want to spoil than the main plot itself, and yeah, I'm new at mapping, I practiced in eventing and diologue.
Ketsueki: Please rate when played for a bit wink.gif
Zxaldien: Thank you for clarifying that, and yes please download!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zxaldien
post Dec 22 2008, 06:07 PM
Post #10

Sneaking into the night
Group Icon

i tried putting my old save file in there, and got sad when i got the message that said it wouldn't work.

i see you tried to fix some of the stuff i said when it wasn't completed. that's good!

i am at the part where you fight vampris, man that was a big change in difficulty (from really easy to moderate)

I'll let you know more later. I stopped because I have to go get ready for work soon :/

--------------------

Story-90%, Event/scripts-25%, Maps-5%, Other-10%
Thanks for the userbar Zabre!

GrandmaDeb's Resource Index

GrandmaDeb's Script Index

Thanks Even Angels!

You call me arrogant because I speak the truth when I proclaim myself to be superior to you. If it wasn't the truth, then you would be calling me a liar not arrogant.

you can only get the clap so many times before it turns into applause

+Quote Post

Xyphon
post Dec 22 2008, 06:31 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Yeah took your advice, because it was pretty good.
Heh.. Yeah he's way harder than the boss before.

This post has been edited by Xyphon: Dec 22 2008, 06:32 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Confederacy
post Dec 23 2008, 05:55 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (Xyphon @ Dec 22 2008, 12:08 PM) *
Confederecy: Yeah, I'm a pretty good diologer for a 13 year old wink.gif, Yeah I guess... But it's more what happens further in the story that I don't want to spoil than the main plot itself, and yeah, I'm new at mapping, I practiced in eventing and diologue.

Its Dialogue. And I know some 13 year-old's who are outstanding writers. Better than me and some people here. The story is really rushed and pretty forgettable, (managed to give it another try, but stopped after Xiner got kidnapped). The mapping is forgiven since you're new to it. It is hard to map (sometimes). Overall the eventing was pretty good. But the dialogue and story, as well as the simplified combat lost my interest.

This post has been edited by Confederacy: Dec 23 2008, 05:55 AM

--------------------

You're an idiot!

+Quote Post

Xyphon
post Dec 23 2008, 05:57 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

I guess you just have to get in to it to start to like it. It gets more interesting as you go through, but this is only my second attempt at making a game, so I guess I need more practice at drawing in the user.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Degenerated
post Jan 2 2009, 04:40 AM
Post #14

Happy New Year :D
Group Icon

Type: Writer

It sounds interesting, but the whole lost his memory thing isn't a first.

--------------------
Currently working on an unnamed project. GG no imagination for names.
My Youtube: http://youtube.com/Cloud98
GaiaOnline: http://gaiaonline.com/p/Degenerated

+Quote Post

Edjie
post Jan 2 2009, 10:10 AM
Post #15

I'm back from my vacation.
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

i have reached the time when Xiner was held on strange castle and you must break some crystal,
here's my conclusion about your game so far :

PROS :
-the gameplay remind me on classic Lunar on RPG! That's one of my favourite RPG, anyway! Nice!!
-some humor, at least give me fresh mind on playing your game.

CONS :
-i think you're too rushed.
-major eventing mistake
-lag on world map
-meribian song is bit annoying. (sounds like twirllll for a long time....) ???
-too many empty space

+Quote Post

jim42
post Jan 2 2009, 03:33 PM
Post #16

*burp* I eat lurkers...
Group Icon

Hey,

Congrats on completing the game! rolleyes.gif

I'm downloading it now, and its taking a long time dry.gif

anyway i'll get back to you on what i think tongue.gif

jim42

EDIT: okay i'm playing and so far i've got as far as the earth castle,
Primary analysis: Maps are too bland *they need a bit of spicing up* - Dialogue is a bit silly (i wouldn't usually mind,. but it did make me wince a bit lol) -the game moves along at quite a pace maybe too fast, i mean ive been playing 10 mins and i've already saved a village from raiders and been captured by some wierd ghost dude, AND got a girlfriend lol

but despite that, so far it quite enjoyable, its not amazing but good for laugh smile.gif

i'll get back to you when i have played the rest

jim42

p.s oh and the names at the top of every message box is not neccessary

This post has been edited by jim42: Jan 2 2009, 04:01 PM

--------------------
p.s why not have a look at the demo for my game while your at it?

Cheers

jim42

--------------------

OMG! Granny Gave me Cookies!!!

+Quote Post

Ryver
post Jan 4 2009, 10:36 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Type: Artist

Played the whole game.

Time to complete : 5 hours (with a pause and not quite timed...)

Pro
- used side battle (for me its a +)
- some good ideas where in the dialogues
- some good ideas in character design
- Strong friendship / betrayal / family theme present (those just get you in the guts)
- was fun to blind physical attacking bosses biggrin.gif

Cons
- basic use of sprites
- maps without details or ambiance
- lack of detail and polish on CS
- basic or no personnalisation on battle script
- no battle system subtilities present
- plot holes and rushed scenario
- bad ending (ending is a reward, it MUST be polished, well that's what I think...)

Overall - 8/10 : Considering this was done by a 13 year old (true note 5/10)
Some text & themes sounded weird to my brain, it felt written by a young artist, which was confirmed on the thread.
But since I don't have the heart to finish a project, the kid is in the right mind set, I say continue your good work !

+Quote Post

Jennestia
post Jan 4 2009, 04:57 PM
Post #18

~RPG Making Princess~
Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: True Neutral

QUOTE (Degenerated @ Jan 2 2009, 02:58 PM) *
It sounds interesting, but the whole lost his memory thing isn't a first.

Nothing truly is in the world of RPGs.

--------------------
~*Current Projects*~

~*Check out my project if you have time*~
Concept Demo Preview uploaded, keep in mind it IS a concept demo it's NOT meant to show off the story but to show off the flow, take a peek if you have time and offer suggestions on the flow~

~*Supported Projects*~

+Quote Post

Bridget
post Jan 19 2009, 08:05 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Er... I haven't got the time to play this game but from your post the storyline looks alright. The problem is the mapping.

Yes, some people are good some aren't but this looks like you haven't tried. If you did, I am sorry. These maps are just too plain. What is the house like? If it is poor add some cracks, if it is rich add painting and other expensive things. You could improve your mapping skills by going into Tutorials or, if you want to look at other maps, go to where you downloaded RPG maker vx and click extras and go into sample maps.

I pick on the mapping without playing the game for one reason, if the post doesn't look good then no one will play it. Put your best maps and your best screenshots and lay it out nicely by adding pictures for the people and give a line for each section like:

{PICTURE}
Ivy Lillian

Ivy Lillian is a sweet girl with a love for pies.

and you will find that this would look like a more experienced game.

I am not dissing the game because I haven't played it, I am just saying a few things that you should pick up on. mellow.gif

+Quote Post

beterbomen
post Apr 5 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

[the game moves along at quite a pace maybe too fast, i mean ive been playing 10 mins and i've already saved a village from raiders and been captured by some wierd ghost dude, AND got a girlfriend lol]

That can be explained, if you're building a game it takes you a lot more time than when you're playing it, so time between events hapening looks longer to you than it actualy is.

Just finnished downloading by the way. I'll play it soon and tell what i think about it.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 12:44 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.