iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Closed TopicStart new topic
> 2008 RMVX.net Awards Results
Chad
post Dec 24 2008, 07:45 AM
Post #1

I'll be your host today YAY!
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: True Neutral

Hello, RMVX.net!

This is the moment you've all been waiting for. The results of the 2008 Member Awards.

First up is most friendly. RPGMakerVX.net prides itself on friendliness, and there are certainly many friendly individuals. However, it comes as no surprise to many that this award was won by

GrandmaDeb

Next up is most helpful. One of the main functions of these forums is to serve as a help center for users of RMVX. All of the contenders here have been very helpful, and they all deserve this award, but the one who stands out above the rest is

GrandmaDeb

Next up is most productive. This award is for those who work hard on producing resources, working on their game, or being productive in any other way. The winner for this award is

PINEDAVX

Next up is funniest member. This award has shown the varying styles of humor that the members of this site share. In fact, this award is the only tied one. The two winners of this award are

MrAnonymous, for his lol RaNDoM xD humor and Touchfuzzy, for his terrible puns

Next up is best avatar. This award is rather self explanatory. However, The Mysterious Stranger takes this one, as the winner is

Kav

Next up is best signature. The two leading contenders for this race both had similar signatures, but the graphic artistry of one user won out in the end,

SilentBackstabber

Next up is best scripter. This was possibly the most competitive of all the awards. All the nominees here are top notch scripters for different reasons. They're all valued here. The big winner in this category is

woratana

Next up is best artist. This is one of the most competitive awards, as all the nominees were great artists. AŽrendyll has done great character art, Soruve has done great faceset art, and PINEDAVX has been prolific in spriting. In the end, the winner is

PINEDAVX

Next up is best musician. The consenus on this one was pretty clear. The winner here, for his original midi work, is

RoelfMik

Next up is best writer. Solistra was the most well-known juggernaut in this category, being one of the most prolific writers and moderator of the Literature, Art, and Music forum. Sander and SpectreofEschaton presented some tough competition, but let me spell it out to you. The winner is

Solistra

Next up is best tutorial. There were only two nominees for this category, both of which are very helpful, but the winner by an overwhelming margin is

RPG Maker VX School by Aindra

Next up is best RMVX game demo. The competition between Lost Heaven and Walking the Plank was fierce. They each switched first place and tied constantly. Finally, with only a couple hours left, one victor emerged. That victor is

Walking the Plank by AŽrendyll

Next up is best complete RMVX game. This was also a hot competition, between Kazeko and the Midnight Guild and War of the Nigel. Both games are made by members who are very much a part of the community. However, the winner of this war is

Kazeko and the Midnight Guild by Prof. Meow Meow

Next up is best IRC user. This award had a lot of nominees, as the IRC channel is very tight-knit, making it hard to choose just one person as the winner. Many would agree, though, that one of the most iconic users who best represents the channel, and the winner of the award, is

Touchfuzzy

Next up is best moderator. The competition here was between PINEDAVX and SilentBackstabber, both of who were global mods together and kept the forums clean from spam and trolling. It was a close race, but in the end the winner is

SilentBackstabber

Next up is best staff member. All of the staff contribute to the site and help keep it a great place to be, otherwise they wouldn't be staff. The main competition was between Kav and PINEDAVX, but the winner in the end is, due to all the ways in which he has contributed to the site,

PINEDAVX

I'm sure that if I had been in the running, the winner would have been me. wink.gif

And finally, the most important and prestigious of all the awards, member of the year. The winner of this award best exemplifies the ideal member of RPGMakerVX.net and is a rolemodel to us all. And the winner of this award is

GrandmaDeb

Congrats to all the winners and nominees!

Thanks to spike_vii and Kav for designing the member awards.

To the winners, feel free to add these to your signatures or profiles.

Well, that wraps it up, folks. I enjoyed being your host, and I hope you enjoyed having me. See you again next year!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

woratana
post Dec 24 2008, 08:02 AM
Post #2

*O* ~(>_<)~
Group Icon

Type: Coder

Thanks for all votes~^^ (for me and also for everyone in every categories). See you again next year, Chad.

--------------------
Check out my new blog!!!

+Quote Post

RoelfMik
post Dec 24 2008, 11:51 AM
Post #3

Smile
Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Unaligned

Thnx everybody for the votes! biggrin.gif Let's hope we'll have another great year in 2009! laugh.gif

--------------------
You can find a growing number of RPG Themes in my Shop
Spoiler:

My brother made a userbar for me!

CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=2613"][img]http://www.geenkeus.net/roelf/Small.png[/img][/url]

http://www.myspace.com/roelfmik

[center]

Every breath's worth a smile.
</div>

+Quote Post

scherzo
post Dec 24 2008, 03:50 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Congrats to everyone and especially our Member of the Year smile.gif! Very well done job hosting the awards, Chad -- even threw in a joke wink.gif. Grandma and Pine cleaned up the awards, with 3 wins each, didn't they? Now, the after-party can start... wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Retired-Pine
post Dec 24 2008, 05:08 PM
Post #5

Not a democracy
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Thank you all you guys who voted me but more than just that, thanks to everyone who show support in any way to this site, old timers, new members, you all do what this community what it is right now.

Congrats to all the nominees and the nominees who got the most votes (we're all winners and appreciated members, except for SBS who left me ;-; and pyro, pine trees and fire don't mix. The rest is cool)

--------------------

Spoiler:

Awards
Spoiler:

Games I support [under construction]
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Soruve
post Dec 24 2008, 08:52 PM
Post #6

Inactive, but still here.
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: True Neutral

Congrats everyone! :D *throws some confetti*
To the nominees and especially the winners! :D It was actually the first time I've ever got nominated for anything, even though I didn't win, it was still a great honor! ^.^ So thanks everyone. :D

--------------------

(Added "new" content as of Jan. 1st 2012)

2008-10 ReStaff Archive
Two Years of hard work providing resources for the community from our ReStaff team. <3
All compiled together in one place.

2011 Restaff Compilation
Another year of hard work from the Restaff team!

+Quote Post

Hesufo
post Dec 24 2008, 09:00 PM
Post #7

Back, I guess.
Group Icon

Congratulations to all the winners! I ended up being runner-up in my category... but it's okay. Guess my avatar wasn't all that awesome. ^_^;

Congrats everyone, continue doing your best and Merry Christmas, too! :D

--------------------

A dedicated (?) Lucky Star fan. ∑w∑
A big thanks to Kouki for the banner!

"If there is an exception to every rule, then every rule must have at least one exception, the exception to this one being that it has no exception."

My project, Forgotten Wishes - Demo 1.5 (1/04/2009) now available!

+Quote Post

Aindra
post Dec 24 2008, 09:35 PM
Post #8

‚ÄĘ Inactive
Group Icon

Congratulations, Grandma, for becoming best member of the year! happy.gif

A many thanks to the voters that voted my tutorial. It's really nice of you.

Congratulations to others that won the awards as well.

/me bakes the virtual 2008 cookies for everyone

--------------------

Award & To-Do List & Status
Spoiler:

To-Do List
  1. Custom List & Pages 2.0 Version
    Contains few bugs that I don't quite know how to fix. Am taking time to study and figure how to fix them, so it takes time. (I'm still a rookie scripter.)
  2. Surprise Graphic Package #1
  3. Surprise Graphic Package #2

To Do List - At Lowest Priority
New version of RPG School Maker. I originally planned to make a new version back in July 2009 but it fell apart due to teammates disappearing. Maybe I'll take it up again when my knowledge of RGSS2 improves. I had to include this in here because I've been asked often for it.

+Quote Post

GrandmaDeb
post Dec 24 2008, 10:25 PM
Post #9

Retired
Group Icon

Well, honestly I don't know what to say.

First of all, and I hope it goes without saying, that this community is built on the input of so many people, that it seems impossible to properly recognise each person's contribution in proportion to its value to all of us. And there are so many members who keep things glued together, it would be impossible for me to list them here... but I hope you each know that you are a valued and welcomed and appreciated member of our community.

Well, I started coming here so I could have something to talk about with my grown son while my darling daughters chatted softball with their dad for hours on end.... What a surprise it is to me to have found a group of people whom I have never seen (notwithstanding a few brave posted pics!) and will almost certainly never meet, who have won my respect and my gratitude - and for whom I have such fond feelings.

It is certainly true (and don't argue with your elders, here!) that I do not deserve the awards you have given me.
But I am just glad to take this as evidence that you all do know that Grannie is in your corner rooting for you!

Thank you.

--------------------

+Quote Post

ironbrow mcfists
post Dec 25 2008, 03:56 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

i just wanted to thank everyone who voted for me for Best Teloch. i really don't deserve the award but i accept it with all humility. thanks again!

--------------------

+Quote Post

C-7
post Dec 25 2008, 05:09 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Congratulations to all of the award winners! Hope you guys and gals continue to shine next year

--------------------

+Quote Post

A√ęrendyll
post Dec 25 2008, 01:23 PM
Post #12

Will not reply to help PM's. Ever.
Group Icon

Type: Spriter

I'm a little late, but I still wish to congratulate all people in here that won the awards! But I also want to mention the runner-ups who all did a good job and deserved their nomination.

Let's do our best in 2009 to make sure the next awards will be just as spectacular! smile.gif

--------------------

My games:

Ae Games

Walking The Plank - Project topic - Development blog - Concept Art Gallery (DeviantArt) - Teaser

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

+Quote Post

sraflawhir
post Sep 10 2009, 07:27 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Hope you guys and gals continue to shine next year
financement automobile | simulation credit | comparatif taux pret auto | calcul voiture une simulation crédit auto, le souscripteur doit remplir des renseignements financement automobile | simulation credit | comparatif taux pret auto | calcul voiture

This post has been edited by sraflawhir: Sep 10 2009, 07:27 AM

+Quote Post

Getdizzy
post Sep 13 2009, 09:24 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE

THE TOPIC IS CLOSED

STOP REPORTING THE NECROPOSTER THAT I ALREADY KNEW ABOUT AS I OBVIOUSLY CLOSED THIS THREAD TWO DAYS AGO

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 07:19 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.