iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Note for Tutorial Threads

New threads (tutorials) here will go into a moderation queue. You will not see your thread appear when you create it. A moderator will decide if it will be approved or denied.

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [-Eventing-] Day & Night System v2
Rating 4 V
ti07Shadow
post Dec 28 2008, 03:28 AM
Post #1

Certified Web Tech
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Unaligned

Screenshots

Based off the original DNS 2 Retake, from Rpg Maker XP, by Punk

Download v3
Download v2.5 (v3 Prelude)

Please report any and all bugs w/ screenshots to me via private message
If the download link does not work, please send me a private message and I will fix it asap

I apologize but I am no longer supporting this project, However if you come across any issues or bugs please do report in this forum thread or via private message. I am thinking of remaking this completely for RPG Maker VX Ace, but entirley haven't yet decided to do it or not. Further information will be posted in the future. I apologize for any inconvenience.

For support in regards to the Light Effects VX script, please visit this forum thread -> http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showto...amp;#entry29401

If you would like to support this system add this to your signature

CODE
[url=http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=7878][img]http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/228/daynnight.png[/img][/url]
[color="#FF0000"][/color]

This post has been edited by ti07Shadow: May 10 2014, 09:28 AM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Astel
post Dec 29 2008, 12:33 AM
Post #2

Elitists of the world, beware.
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

It's still based in events, or it's a script this time? I think you should clarify this point to avoid misunderstandings.

This post has been edited by Astel: Dec 29 2008, 12:38 AM

--------------------
Under Construction

+Quote Post

ti07Shadow
post Dec 29 2008, 12:42 AM
Post #3

Certified Web Tech
Group Icon

The system is based on events, however I will be making the changes I have provided, meaning the display clock will be coded to display in the menu instead of the screen to reduce any lag, however the system is event based.

--------------------

+Quote Post

PK8
post Dec 30 2008, 04:53 AM
Post #4

Year 4
Group Icon

Hey remember to credit me! ;[

Day Night System v2 for rmxp, remember? tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Punk: Dec 30 2008, 04:53 AM

--------------------

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

+Quote Post

Mao
post Dec 31 2008, 08:17 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

wow i've never seen one without scripts

i mean even if you code the clock that'll still be

wow genius

+Quote Post

ti07Shadow
post Dec 31 2008, 07:31 PM
Post #6

Certified Web Tech
Group Icon

omg hey punk whats up!?! lol just redoing the rmvx version I had up and all, knew I forgot something lol.

Punk make another system that I can make addons for tongue.gif

This post has been edited by ti07Shadow: Dec 31 2008, 07:31 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

eweeparker
post Dec 31 2008, 07:35 PM
Post #7

Arcane Alchemist
Group Icon

Type: Musician

Yeah, I have thought about the same thing using events. I would imagine that you could make a time triggered variable to execute the random weather and day/night. I am going to try this as well. Let me know how this works for you and we can compare notes. rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

--------------------
Ian

+Quote Post

ti07Shadow
post Dec 31 2008, 07:55 PM
Post #8

Certified Web Tech
Group Icon

oh the weather is timed triggered, its all done, the only changes I am making besides the menu clock is making the weather more realistic in the time trigger, meaning majority of the time it has well lets say 15% chance for snow in November and a 35% in December and a 25% in January and a 10% in February. then from there 0%. ill be basing the weather based on seasonal stuff. plus i plan on adding more holiday based events, the whole thing is going to have a city demo based with this system. wont have alot of game play, just all based around this event system.

Once I made the city map ill put up a progress bar

This post has been edited by ti07Shadow: Dec 31 2008, 07:57 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

ti07Shadow
post Jan 1 2009, 02:04 AM
Post #9

Certified Web Tech
Group Icon

sry for the double post, but id like to announce im adding a integrated bank system at this moment with interest rate.

This post has been edited by ti07Shadow: Jan 1 2009, 07:34 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

eweeparker
post Jan 1 2009, 12:08 PM
Post #10

Arcane Alchemist
Group Icon

Dude, I just thought of something too!!! What if you implemented switches to change NPC's random speech patterns to comment on the weather as well?? I think that would be a nice addition. Lots of work but sounds to me like that is the idea.
What do you think?? I am working on it right now and will hit you up with sample soon.

Lata

--------------------
Ian

+Quote Post

ti07Shadow
post Jan 1 2009, 07:25 PM
Post #11

Certified Web Tech
Group Icon

huh never thought about doing it that way, I have them change based on the holidays, but never weather, do not worry about an example I already know what to do tongue.gif thanks for the idea!

Oh btw version 2 is fully functional, might have a slight lag to it. but shouldn't bee a problem as long as you don't have junk on your computer that causes your computer to slow. It has all the functions of the day and night system, just the snow only happens in December, and its not a city wide version, just the basics is all it is, ill eb having the city on in v3 with all the features (and the city is more like a town from what the 16th century or w/e

This post has been edited by ti07Shadow: Jan 1 2009, 07:36 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Dkerns0123
post Jan 2 2009, 04:40 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Ive implemented this in my own project gotta hand it to you it truly is innovative. Adds a great level of usability for a non-scriptwriter. Only true thing that bugs me is the lag issue but even that isn't really terrible. Great work cannot wait to see the additions in V3.

[note-if you change the controls to have the time start on the hour, i.e 6:00, at the end of the day it switches to the next day 40mins early. I havn't figured out how to fix that yet]

+Quote Post

ti07Shadow
post Jan 2 2009, 04:57 AM
Post #13

Certified Web Tech
Group Icon

[note-if you change the controls to have the time start on the hour, i.e 6:00, at the end of the day it switches to the next day 40mins early. I havn't figured out how to fix that yet]

Did you make an event that changes the time in game? or did you change something in auto time? If you have it change in game, it could cause some sort of problem, here recreate the problem event and the copy the data folder into a zip ro rar file and upload and post that. I dont need anything else but the data folder.

--------------------

+Quote Post

eweeparker
post Jan 2 2009, 07:54 AM
Post #14

Arcane Alchemist
Group Icon

Hey, I just tried out the day and night thing. Did you notice that the inn lasts for 2 hours?? Not sure if it was on purpose but thought that I would comment in case not.
I also noticed that you had no bgm or se. Is that due to a lag issue?? Mabey try to convert to midi files for imports.
P.S.
If you need any original music, I have a supplimentary amount that I will let you sample/use.
Good work.

Ian

--------------------
Ian

+Quote Post

Dkerns0123
post Jan 2 2009, 04:19 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

I put all my messages/observations in comments under the Auto-Time Common Event
Attached File(s)
Attached File  DNS.rar ( 921.03K ) Number of downloads: 36

+Quote Post

ti07Shadow
post Jan 2 2009, 08:18 PM
Post #16

Certified Web Tech
Group Icon

QUOTE (eweeparker @ Jan 2 2009, 02:12 AM) *
Hey, I just tried out the day and night thing. Did you notice that the inn lasts for 2 hours?? Not sure if it was on purpose but thought that I would comment in case not.
I also noticed that you had no bgm or se. Is that due to a lag issue?? Mabey try to convert to midi files for imports.
P.S.
If you need any original music, I have a supplimentary amount that I will let you sample/use.
Good work.

Ian

nah i just didnt put in any bgm, or se. that stuff will be added in v3

I put all my messages/observations in comments under the Auto-Time Common Event

thanks ill take a look at it.

This post has been edited by ti07Shadow: Jan 2 2009, 08:18 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

ti07Shadow
post Jan 2 2009, 08:26 PM
Post #17

Certified Web Tech
Group Icon

ah see where your coming from on a bug, next time please just provide the data folder though

I fixed the bug where if you leave the building it doesn't go to night between 1 and 5 am, that bug has been fixed, please if anyone else finds any other bugs please post

I have updated a Bug Fix PL1, basically just download it and replace the data folder in the dns system you currently have.

The update contains changes to the door when you exit and changes to the screen tone common event

When v3 Comes out all previously reported bug will have been fixed

I will be releasing screen shots of sections of the city soon! with different times of the day and weather as well!

This post has been edited by ti07Shadow: Jan 2 2009, 08:52 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

ti07Shadow
post Jan 2 2009, 09:37 PM
Post #18

Certified Web Tech
Group Icon

sry for the tripple guys but im at a stalemate, its not the general idea of th system, i can do it, but theres 1 problem im having adn thats displaying the clock, if I display it as images like in the system, it will lag, the frame rate drops to 40-58 fps, which sint good when it drops below 55, it lags. However I dont know any ruby (rgss), if someone can figure out how to display the clock in the menu, in a way of a clock, like display the months, days, day names, etc using the variables and converting the variables to the event like

day name var - day name
0 = Sunday
1 = Monday,

etc
etc.

stuff like that, it be great, you will recieve full credit for the addition. thankyou, but until I can get soemthing like that the image thing will remain and have a bit of lag.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Dkerns0123
post Jan 4 2009, 06:54 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

A Temporary solution to the lag issue may be to have the clock and dates set to a button so you can turn the images on and off, but the time will still run in the background. I'm gonna play around with it see whether or not that will help in my game ill be sure to let you know if i stumble across something. Btw your DNS eventing system has uncovered a massive amount of unconventional skills in my project. Timebased woodcutting tree regeneration. Firemaking, herbalism. its a very good tool

+Quote Post

ti07Shadow
post Jan 4 2009, 10:14 PM
Post #20

Certified Web Tech
Group Icon

exactly, the whole point of this dns system is to inspire many to knew addons and systems, anything could be added to this system such as

new holidays, birthdays, bank systems, farming systems, fishing systems, what monsters come out at night, taverns, open and closed stores, quests, etc

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 05:04 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.