iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mithran's Script Development, Request features for my current projects here
Mithran
post Jan 23 2009, 07:21 AM
Post #1

Scripter
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: True Neutral

Mithran's Script Development Thread

Current top projects:(currently in no particlar order)
  • Menu Mod Script
  • Extract Items (details on this if I get time)
  • Update on Skill Functions
  • State Options (omg, might finally get to this!)
  • Organizing my smaller scripts

Still busy, but I managed to get a few things out. As always, I prioritize bug fixes and requests so any input is appreciated.

• Please keep the requests to within the stated parameters of my script description. For example, don't request animation changes and the like for States Options.
  • If you have a request for one of my currently released scripts, feel free to post here or PM me.
  • Request as many features as you like, as long as they should fall within my script. If its a 'gray area', go ahead and ask. I have the right to veto request to add a feature to any of my scripts. If a feature I have not planned is requested and is used in my scripts, I will give you concept credit. Be as specific as possible! Constructive feedback on any feature I currently have on the list is welcome.
  • Please do not ask for progress updates. I may or may not post project updates, most likely consisting of only a few sentences, and post the completed script (in the completed scripts forum) when it is done. Please be patient. I have a job, this is something I do in my free time.
  • I now have some knowledge of the Enu SBS with ATB addon posted by Mr.Bubble in this forum. While I still dont like making CBS exclusive scripts, I will try to make my scripts compatible where possible. If I say specifically its incompatable, though, I will probably not be able to make it compatiable, ever. Sorry.
  • If your request is not within the guidelines of any my script projects, please use the main forum. This thread is for my script development. If I accept and post your request here, you may use this thread or the thread you started.

Open Projects:
Spoiler:

Small request scripts
I am moving this to the top of the list because this is most likely what I am 'really' working on. When I have a whole day free, I'll likely work on one of the below.

Menu Mod Script
This one started off as a way for people to easily add selection options to the menu. As I thought about it, I decided I would add the following features:
- Easily Add items to the menu
- Easily reorganize the menu
- Conditionally Mask (fill the line with ???s) any menu option, by using a script code or switch
- Conditionally disable any menu option, by using a script code or switch
- Icon support, just select the icon ID to draw an icon next to any of the menu items you set up or any existing menu items.
- Easily run a common event by clicking a menu option
- A menu interpreter so simpler event commands can be executed directly from the menu
- Compatablity support with custom menus and other scripts that add things to the menu - it will autodetect the menu in its original or modified state before beginning modifications
- Return Scene support - if an item on the menu is triggered, you will return to the menu afterward.
- An option to disable return scene support (for example, in a teleport script after teleporting you want it to return you to the map instead of the menu)
Ive bumped this to near the top of my list for now because it is contains the features that I see most requests on.

Battle Combos
This script is in the beta testing stage. In its current incarnation, it only works with the default battle system, but is compatable with many other scripts that make minor alterations. The final realease may or may not be compatable outside the default system.

Extra States, aka States Options part b
Progress: About 20% (Yes, still rolleyes.gif)
Extra States will center around restrictions, damage modification, slip damage, and battler behavior influce, beyond just the normal silence/confusion/poison/berzerk/paraylsis/dead deal. Planned features include:
- invincibility (Immune to death, states, and HP damage/mp damage. Unlike immortatility, it can be taken away at leisure, allowing for interesting evented boss battles)
- PseudoDeath (targeted as dead, considered dead but may still have HP, if all have this state = battle lose) if an enemy gets this state, they get normal death (eg. Petrify)
- PseudoDeathTargetable (targeted as living, considered dead but still have HP, if all have this state = battle lose; eg. incurable paralysis, Zombie from FFVI) Enemies getting this state will die instantly.
- Nullify damage (by attack type and/or max amount nullified)
- Slip Damage (viral - damage multiples based on how many turns it has been on; random (by variance); percent and direct damage; regeneration included; both HP and MP) Will include a switch in the module to choose the default slip damage method (at the end of the turn) or mine (right after each action). Switch will not affect other options set, just make it more consistent (turns are counted down here, so why not?)
- Muddle (confusion, but can attack enemies half of the time and allies half of the time, instead of only allies)
- Reflect (simple reflect only, reflects attacks designated as magic, only one bounce allowed, may or may not have a message for compatability reasons)
- ActionLock (berzerk, but forced to use a selected skill over and over until the move wears off, state priority determines which move if more than one, if the skill is not valid no action can be performed)
- Physical Silence (silence, but for physical skills)
- Disable (disable skills by skill ID)
- NoItem (cannot use items)
- target self confusion (requested by Hesufo)
- Chance Berzerk and Confusion (maybe) (requested by Hesufo)
- And possibly more

Battle Event Enhancer (Progress - Script 99% done, working on the demo)
A pet project I have been working on here and there for the last month or so. Essentially, it stores user and target data for skills, attacks, etc, for use in the Event System. Using switches, the user tells the next action to replace the referenced battler in a "Battle Event" command with either the current target or the current attacker. Also allows use of certain common events that execute every battle turn, at battle start, at battle victory, and after every action. The whole thing uses switches, loops, conditional branches, etc. to set up user tailored attacked through the event system without any advanced > script commands. I have been working on a demo for quite a while, but I'm not sure if or when I am going to release this. Unfortunatley, this will never be compatible with CBS's.

Open Released Projects:
Spoiler:

State Parameters PLUS aka State Options Part a - Released
- direct point modifiers for every stat (eg., +100 atk) Done!
- modifiers for elemental and state resists Done!
- lock HP (intended for boss battles, locks the reciepent's HP at a specific value or percent. A min/max range can be specificed) Done!
- incoming damage modifiers by element and attack type (protect, shell, frail, ice barrier, flameshield, etc.) Done
- modify enemy and random targeting odds Done
- add, remove, or set actor skills by state Done
- if you have a parameter you think a state should modify, please let me know

Actor Enemy AI force - Released
Requested by Squareenix. Will be combatiable with SBS + ATB. Forces an actor to use a specificed enemy's action list if inflicted with a certain state.
Additional planned features - none at the moment.
- if you have a feature you think I should add , please let me know

"Promote" Item and Muliteir Actor Classes - Released
Requested by Roxas210. Have an item that makes an actor to 'upgrade' to his next class teir. Specific item for each teir. Still hashing out how much will get perserved from the previous class (eg., skills, stats, levels, etc, by default, these are all kept)
Additional planned features -
- Class based promotion structures Done
- Archetype based promote structures (maybe)
- Multiple class promotion route (maybe) Eg., fighter could promote to knight or brawler as his tier 2
- if you have a feature you think I should add, please let me know

Checkpoint Gameover (Current version 2.2 released)
Now posted on the completed scripts page. It already has features to have one checkpoint, an alternate game over graphic if continue is allowed, display a menu asking if you want to continue, and have continue take you back to a previously specificed checkpoint. Includes gold loss, party heal, plus can turn on switch to let you set up your own common event to do any other actions you want after recovering from a Game Over. I plan to add the following features -
- Selectable multicheckpoint system
- If enabled, the player can select from a list of designated checkpoints after selecting continue. This is similar to, say, being able to restart in 3 different locations in the game Zelda: A Link to the Past.
- If disabled, the script will be exaclty as above, continue after game over and go back to town.
- Continue Item
- An inventory item that allows continues. The number will be displayed in the menu. One will be subtracted each continue. If none are left, its game over
- The feature can be disabled, so no item is needed to continue.
- If both above features are disabled, the script should look and function exactly as it does now.

Advanced State Probability (2.0 Lite): Released
Allows you to add a specific chance for a state to be applied from an item, skill, or attack.
Added in 2.0 (lite)
- More control over the chance states have to be added. Done
- A new formula for how chances to apply states 'stack' Done
- Different probabilities for critical and non critical attacks (requested by Craze) Done
- Set states to be added or a skill to be forced when a state when a state wears off (requested by EFG) Done
- Minus State (cure) probability Done

Plans for v 3.0 (pro)
* May not be compatable with CBS *
- The ability to set equippable items or states to have an effect on the chance a certain state has to be applied (but only if the skill or item allows the state to be added)
- The ability to limit the amount of states that a given attack can add.

Future/concurrent projects:
Spoiler:

Requested Scripts Pack -
I have done a variety of small request scripts as of late. I am archiving most of them in a script pack while I make minor updates and changes.

State Add/Remove Options - Adds additional ways to add or remove states.
Tentative plans:
- adding a state when another state remains, just before acting
- adding a state when another one wears off over turns (currently autorelease in Advanced State Probability, will change)
- adding a state when another is cured
- adding a state to the user when a skill is used
- removing states by shock split into if the attack was physical or magical
- removing states by shock by percent
- removing states by shock by number of hits
- removing states out of battle by number of steps (I saw something that did similar, but mine will use the states turns from battle and multiply it by a certain number of steps)
- modifying HP and/or mana when a state is applied or removed
- adding a state when a battle begins (by equipment or enemy, not the same as an Autostate)
- states that may be 'refreshed' by recasting them before they wear off
- Removal of specific states at the end of each turn (normally, states remove after battler actions)
- Maybe some other stuff.

+ whatever pops into my head! Sometimes, if I can get a script done in a short amount of time, I'll skip to that instead.

Conceptual projects (no actual work done yet):
Spoiler:

Battle scripts -
Reactions / Chain Actions - Battle Actions executed when a certain condition is reached. This could be an attack (eg., counter), death of a party member, a state being added.. think better version of the event command Force Action
Delayed / Continuous Actions - Actions that are executed some point in the future, and/or continue executing at a set interval. The user of the skill and it's target will be perserved.
(Update: Posted a simple script for enemy multiple actions found in my signature.)

Battle Continue:
Not to be confused with my above script, Checkpoint Gameover, this will allow continue on a battle loss before game over. A 'continue' item can be selected, but is not required. The battle will then be restarted with all actors in the state they started the previous battle in, all items used in the lost battle returned, etc, except the continue item will be deducted if used.
* Note - I know Woratana did a script like this, but I still plan to do this sometime to integrate it/make it compatable with my other scripts.

Scenes/Systems (far, far down the road):
- Evility / Mability System (Disgaea 3) with mana ability purchase scene and ability equip scene

Finished projects:
My signature should now have all my finished scripts.

When I am usually here:
My schedule varies from day to day, but I usually pop in around mid evening (between 8 p.m. and 12 p.m.) or early morning (6-8 a.m.) Pacific Standard Time.

This post has been edited by Mithran: Jun 21 2009, 10:20 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Hesufo
post Jan 23 2009, 09:32 PM
Post #2

Back, I guess.
Group Icon

I currently cannot think of a request or possible addition to the scripts you're working on - but I have to say your list is large enough, and that I am already looking forward to this "State Options" script!

Oh, I just thought of a nice request. In addition to the "Muddle" state, you could add another Confusion option which makes the attack on allies/enemies based on chance, and not happen all the time (like in Pokémon, where there is a 50% chance a confused Pokémon will not attack and end up hitting itself). smile.gif

I can't wait to see this release! It'd open up a lot of possibilities for new skills and attack effects!

--------------------

A dedicated (?) Lucky Star fan. ·w·
A big thanks to Kouki for the banner!

"If there is an exception to every rule, then every rule must have at least one exception, the exception to this one being that it has no exception."

My project, Forgotten Wishes - Demo 1.5 (1/04/2009) now available!

+Quote Post

Mithran
post Jan 24 2009, 07:03 AM
Post #3

Scripter
Group Icon

QUOTE (Hesufo @ Jan 23 2009, 01:50 PM) *
I currently cannot think of a request or possible addition to the scripts you're working on - but I have to say your list is large enough, and that I am already looking forward to this "State Options" script!

Oh, I just thought of a nice request. In addition to the "Muddle" state, you could add another Confusion option which makes the attack on allies/enemies based on chance, and not happen all the time (like in Pokémon, where there is a 50% chance a confused Pokémon will not attack and end up hitting itself). smile.gif

I can't wait to see this release! It'd open up a lot of possibilities for new skills and attack effects!

This is slated as a feature for State Add/Remove options, the ability to add a state when another state remains. You would make a fake confusion state that randomly added a real confusion (that lasts 0 turns) with your given chance. The reason I wanted to do it like this is because the confusion state will be checked more between the time that the turn starts and the action executes. Adding a seperate state will work better in most cases (eg., parayalsis state that lowers speed, and 'paralysis stun' at 30% chance to add per turn and stun the target for that turn), but I'll put it down as a 'maybe' for adding chance Berzerk and Confusion states, I might do it for future releases or not at all.

What I dont have on the list, though, is a confusion that makes you target yourself only. So, I have added this to the list.

You also gave me another idea. A 'flinch' state that will cancel actions only if the target went first. I think Ill add this to State Add/Remove options, though (said state would just be stun that removes automatically at the end of every turn. ) By default, even if you gave stun a zero turn duration, it wouldnt remove until after the receipient's next turn.

Thanks for your request!

Added:
States Options:
- target self confusion (requested by Hesufo)
- Chance Berzerk and Confusion (maybe) (requested by Hesufo)

State Add/Remove Options:
- Removal of specific states at the end of each turn (normally, states remove after battler actions)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mithran
post Jan 29 2009, 08:39 PM
Post #4

Scripter
Group Icon

Update

- Released State Parameters PLUS (formerly part a of States Options)
- Progress on Extra States (formerly part b of States Options) approximately 20%
- Added links to all my completed scripts in my signature

Updated original post.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Hesufo
post Feb 23 2009, 05:57 PM
Post #5

Back, I guess.
Group Icon

I have a small request to add into the list for State Parameters Plus: an options for states to add skills to a character as long as the state remains. It's something I'd like to use in my own game, too.

Also, an option that is also used in KGC's Passive Skills: modifying the character's likelihood of being targeted by enemies.

Those two additions would be very nice indeed. smile.gif

--------------------

A dedicated (?) Lucky Star fan. ·w·
A big thanks to Kouki for the banner!

"If there is an exception to every rule, then every rule must have at least one exception, the exception to this one being that it has no exception."

My project, Forgotten Wishes - Demo 1.5 (1/04/2009) now available!

+Quote Post

Mithran
post Feb 24 2009, 01:04 AM
Post #6

Scripter
Group Icon

QUOTE (Hesufo @ Feb 23 2009, 09:57 AM) *
I have a small request to add into the list for State Parameters Plus: an options for states to add skills to a character as long as the state remains. It's something I'd like to use in my own game, too.

Also, an option that is also used in KGC's Passive Skills: modifying the character's likelihood of being targeted by enemies.

Those two additions would be very nice indeed. smile.gif

Targeting odds has already been added smile.gif.

As for the other one, I'll defintely take a look at it. Thanks for the request. I know I havent updated this in a while rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mithran
post Feb 25 2009, 10:20 AM
Post #7

Scripter
Group Icon

*Update*

Just finished a major update of the original post. Several projects or requests I have taken have been added to the list. This should be more current to what I am actually working on. I am taking on a lot more requests recently, so as always, the order is subject to change. Thank you for your patience.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Roxas210
post Feb 25 2009, 06:38 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Type: Designer

Thank you for answering my request...good luck

+Quote Post

HEFG
post Feb 26 2009, 01:57 PM
Post #9

Needs a Tablet
Group Icon

Type: Spriter

I'm a big fan of your state scripts Mithran, your part A script really made my game alot more interesting. I can't wait for the Part B release too!

--------------------

Project Bars and My Resources!
Spoiler:

My Project

Supported Projects

My Resources
Kaduki Styled NPCs + Steampunk Resources

+Quote Post

Craze
post Mar 1 2009, 04:11 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Mithran, you always seem to take stuff that I hack RMVX into doing... and then make it an easy-to-use script. As such, wouldn't it be great if you could pre-empt my attempt to code something?

For your Add/Remove States Options script, I think it would be really awesome if there were a tag like <crit bonus application 50%>. Whenever the attack/skill that inflicts the state is a critical, the chance to inflict the state would increase by the percent in the tag (for example, an attack that had a 10% chance of inflicting Poison would have a 60% chance to inflict Poison on a critical hit because Poison (the state) had the above tag in its note box).

+Quote Post

Mithran
post Mar 1 2009, 06:40 PM
Post #11

Scripter
Group Icon

QUOTE (Craze @ Mar 1 2009, 08:11 AM) *
Mithran, you always seem to take stuff that I hack RMVX into doing... and then make it an easy-to-use script. As such, wouldn't it be great if you could pre-empt my attempt to code something?

For your Add/Remove States Options script, I think it would be really awesome if there were a tag like <crit bonus application 50%>. Whenever the attack/skill that inflicts the state is a critical, the chance to inflict the state would increase by the percent in the tag (for example, an attack that had a 10% chance of inflicting Poison would have a 60% chance to inflict Poison on a critical hit because Poison (the state) had the above tag in its note box).

Hrm, nice idea. I think this is better suited to Advaced State Probability. I'll add your request to the feature list. This may or may not make the 'lite' release I am trying to get out by the end of next week (tentative release date). Also, the note tags would probably still be restricted to the indiviudal skills, weapons or enemies that inflict the state, instead of the state itself, instead of the states themselves, for better control of what inflicts what. Let me know if that is okay with you. If not, I'll try and write you a snippet for increased application for the above method. Just let me know if the critical should pierce letter value immunity (F in state efficency) or pierce through normal enemy defenses. My probability script uses rate application, so the former is not an issue and the latter only applies if the probability passes 100%, which has to be manually set.

Update

Released Actor Enemy AI Force and Multitiered Class / Promote Item

Added above feature to Advanced State Probability List.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Craze
post Mar 1 2009, 07:07 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

I'd be fine with anywhere you place the note tag; I just used the state as an example. The skill/weapon/enemy note box would be just as swell. =D Piercing F defense would be cool, but should probably have an enemy tag to stop it (<block crit state application> or whatever) so that bosses that you really don't want to be inflicted with blind/poison/paralyze/on-hit KO/doom/etc. cannot be.

I'm not sure what you mean by "going past 100%," but since I'm using your advanced stat probability script already for skills with ~135% infliction chance... yeah, sounds like a good idea!

Thanks for accepting my idea.

+Quote Post

Mithran
post Mar 8 2009, 09:04 AM
Post #13

Scripter
Group Icon

QUOTE (Craze @ Mar 1 2009, 11:07 AM) *
I'd be fine with anywhere you place the note tag; I just used the state as an example. The skill/weapon/enemy note box would be just as swell. =D Piercing F defense would be cool, but should probably have an enemy tag to stop it (<block crit state application> or whatever) so that bosses that you really don't want to be inflicted with blind/poison/paralyze/on-hit KO/doom/etc. cannot be.

I'm not sure what you mean by "going past 100%," but since I'm using your advanced stat probability script already for skills with ~135% infliction chance... yeah, sounds like a good idea!

Thanks for accepting my idea.

I dont think I'll be adding the ability to pierce through "F" state affinity in this script. I would consider it to be at best an inconsistency in the system to add something like this, because it would only pierce through letter immunity, and not through any sort of immunity granted by equipment. I am considering adding something to enemies that will duplicate the 'equipment' immunity from the actors and may reconsider at that time, but until then, everything will be handled as a rate application.

As for 'going past 100%', it simply means that the total infliction probability is above what the letter value would normally allow. In your above example, you said you gave a 135% infliction rate to a state. If said state were applied to an enemy with, say, C value in state efficency, it would have a total of approxiamtely 80% chance to land (60 * 1.35). If the enemy had E value, 20% chance, the infliction rate would be about 26% (20 * 1.35). If the enemy had F, he would still be immune. I think I will still add a note tag to prevent this 'extra application' on certain enemies, capping it off at their normal resist rate. In the current version, application rates also stack directly (a weapon with 50% poison and an armor with 50% poison infliction rates would mix to 100% infliction rate). I am also adding options to change the way they 'stack'.

I finished rewriting the instructions on this, so I just need a few hours to update the code and test it. I originally wanted it out by today, but I am working this weekend so it could be a few days still. Whenever I get the free time, this is currrently at the top of my list. I am drawing the line on features for the 'lite' release on this, I think, but I am still planning on adding all the features listed in the OP by the time I am done.

--------------------

+Quote Post

HEFG
post Mar 19 2009, 05:35 AM
Post #14

Needs a Tablet
Group Icon

Type: Spriter

You should add the 'Force Action Enhanced' script you made for me to your list of complete things Mithran. Even though it was a request script its so useful biggrin.gif (alot of other people found it useful too!)

--------------------

Project Bars and My Resources!
Spoiler:

My Project

Supported Projects

My Resources
Kaduki Styled NPCs + Steampunk Resources

+Quote Post

Bleud
post Mar 21 2009, 10:48 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Mithran, I just thought of a nice request for your Extra States script(unless you're not taking requests, then just dismiss this). What about a Time state? Where you "lock" the enemy from anything, like attacking or blocking. Your party gets to do whatever they like during the time the enemy is "locked" and all of the damage that is done to him is stored(probably variable). When the enemy becomes "unlocked", all of the damage catches up to him(but does not kill)

Basically it's a state that would lock an enemy or anyone from a predetermined time and when the they are unlocked, the attacks and other damages inflicted on them during that time catches up.

--------------------

Spoiler:

Characters: 91% Done
Storyline: 62% Done
Database: 81% Done
Maps: 60% Done

Intergrating features: Update!!!
    Systems
  • Expansive Bank System: Done
  • Gun System: Done
    Mini Games
  • Gambling Mini-game: Done
  • Rabbit and Tortoise Mini game: 54%
  • Apple Collecting Game: Done

New!!Main Characters
KaneLaurieTaurusIsis

More to come soon Demo coming soon! (an early May a some time soon deadline Whenever the hell I damn well finish!!1!) POSTPONED :(

---

+Quote Post

Mithran
post Apr 20 2009, 08:40 AM
Post #16

Scripter
Group Icon

@Bleud - Sorry for the late reply. I don't think I will be adding this because although it is a state, it doesnt really fit in with any of the scripts I have planned and I forsee compatability problems (for example, if you want this to be used in combinations with animations, which it looks like you do, the damage effect would have to either simulate an action and therefore have a source - a single battler - or simulate it using an entirely new method which would have to mimic the way actions are handled in whatever battle system it is contained in.)

@everyone - I know I haven't updated this in a while, but I am still actively scripting. You can always drop me a line if you have a problem with any of my scripts or continue to post proposed additions to anything I have in this thread. Recently, Ive only released done small tweaks to many existing scripts while I am working on the combo system for Crumb. This script is currently in the beta-testing stages and looking promising.

In the meantime, keep an eye out. I may have a simple script or two I want to post in the next week or so, providing I have time smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

justbob722
post Apr 21 2009, 08:03 AM
Post #17

All-around Nice Guy
Group Icon

[Checkpoint Gameover (Current version 2.2 released)
Now posted on the completed scripts page. It already has features to have one checkpoint, an alternate game over graphic if continue is allowed, display a menu asking if you want to continue, and have continue take you back to a previously specificed checkpoint. Includes gold loss, party heal, plus can turn on switch to let you set up your own common event to do any other actions you want after recovering from a Game Over. I plan to add the following features -
- Selectable multicheckpoint system
- If enabled, the player can select from a list of designated checkpoints after selecting continue. This is similar to, say, being able to restart in 3 different locations in the game Zelda: A Link to the Past.
- If disabled, the script will be exaclty as above, continue after game over and go back to town.
- Continue Item
- An inventory item that allows continues. The number will be displayed in the menu. One will be subtracted each continue. If none are left, its game over
- The feature can be disabled, so no item is needed to continue.
- If both above features are disabled, the script should look and function exactly as it does now.

A great feature would be the ability to have a different gameover screen depending on endgame situation. For example, characters die in battle, endgame screen shows pic of group being gunned down (my project involves guns, cybertech, and magic). Characters die of exposure, endgame pic of remains in desert. Characters die from pressing the button that says do not touch, endgame pic of party squished by falling piano. etc, etc...

I've looked everywhere and haven't seen anything like it, and this scripts seems like an ideal place for it. (just a thought...)

This post has been edited by justbob722: Apr 21 2009, 08:03 AM

--------------------
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

justbob722

+Quote Post

charbelramy
post May 7 2009, 10:02 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Battle Event Enhancer (Progress - Script 99% done, working on the demo)
A pet project I have been working on here and there for the last month or so. Essentially, it stores user and target data for skills, attacks, etc, for use in the Event System. Using switches, the user tells the next action to replace the referenced battler in a "Battle Event" command with either the current target or the current attacker. Also allows use of certain common events that execute every battle turn, at battle start, at battle victory, and after every action. The whole thing uses switches, loops, conditional branches, etc. to set up user tailored attacked through the event system without any advanced > script commands. I have been working on a demo for quite a while, but I'm not sure if or when I am going to release this. Unfortunatley, this will never be compatible with CBS's.

great work biggrin.gif
I hope you release it

This post has been edited by charbelramy: May 7 2009, 10:10 PM

+Quote Post

Mithran
post May 9 2009, 01:54 PM
Post #19

Scripter
Group Icon

Sorry for the late replies.

@justbob722 - Although this has little to do with the core of my script, I added this. Right now its a advanced > script event command that changes the filename of the game over graphic for a next game over only, so you'd use events to change which file is used. I should post this up tonight.

@charbelramy - I'm leaning toward not releasing this due to its complexity and incompatability with popular battle systems. I may, however, release a stripped-down 'lite' version with a few of the features, such as being able to run an certain event at a certain point in every single battle or being able to reference the actor or enemy triggering the event as the subject for the event actions. Most of the more advanced/complicated stuff (targeting loops, etc), I plan on accomplishing through more specific scripts, instead. In the end, if someone can't event well, they wont be able to use this system well, either. I'll consider putting it up and providing a link upon request, but I'm not actively developing this anymore.

I should be doing some updates today. I never got around to finishing the 'quickie' one I was going to post at the end of April, it turned into a full-blown project. (It's a script for modifying the menu by the way. The intent is to make it easy to add anything to the menu easily, with support for masking/disabling selections, adding icons, and automatically returning you to the menu if you made the selection from the menu. Also plans for an interpreter for the menu so you dont have to switch to the map screen to play certain events. This probably wont be done today, I'm placing my other updates first.)

I'll update the OP of this thread when I get a chance as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post

charbelramy
post May 9 2009, 07:41 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

OK thank you
I'll wait for the link biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 10:48 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.