State Parameters PLUS v 1.4bIntroduction
(aka States Options part a)
Well, I originally split down Advanced State Probability into four scripts to make it more managable. While working on States Options, I decided to split it even further. This is part a, and it deals with modifying nearly every parameter available.Features
- modify nearly every parameter available through states either by a static increase/decrease, a percentage increase or decrease, or setting it to a specific value:
Parameters this script can currently modify:
- elemental rates
- state probability
- atk, def, spi, agi
- any stat added by another script added in the battler class (see: user defined parameters)
- item, skill, attack, and global action speeds
- maxhp and maxmp
- critical, evasion, and hit rates
- critical damage modifier (requires Damage Limit / Critical Damage Selection script)
Also allows you to:
- add or remove elements from the normal attack set with states
- set a states 'priority' value up to 100
- set elements to be absorbed by state
- lock a battlers hp to a specific value (for boss battle type encounters)
- modify attack damage based on the type of attack used (recommend using Physical/Magical Ambiguity Fix)
- using states to modify user defined parameters (eg., custom stats added by other scripts) are now supported as long as they are defined within the battler class
- modify enemy or random targeting odds
- add, subtract, or set actor skills *new*How to Use
Follow the instructions in the script. This script should be installed in the materials section, above main, above Advanced State Probability, and below KGC_LimitBreak, Skill Functions, and any custom stat scripts, where applicable.Script
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «FAQ
q. My stats dont seem to be changing at all when I have the state applied.
a. If its not working at all, it could be a problem with the note tag you are using. Double check for typos. Remember, <STATE PARAMETER PLUS> is required to get the script to see your parameter selections.
q. The script still does not work and/or crashes.
a. Please post or PM me with the error you recieved, which line, which scripts you are using, and which parameters you are trying to set.
q. The game says 'User Defined Stat found: res' when I start up.
a. You probably have Enelvon's resist script installed. The message will only show up in playtest, just to let you know that it is working. User defined values are now supported, so if you have any questions regarding this feature, feel free to ask. If you have trouble with it, you can remove the "res", from the brackets (but leave the brackets in place) let me know if you have any problems.Credit and Thanks
- LostEmpires, Mr.Bubble (bug reporting)
- Hesufo (feature requests)Author's Notes
Feedback is welcome. If you run into a bug, please let me know. If you think I ommited a parameter and you would like it added, you can let me know about it in this thread, or back in my script development thread.
Use in projects is fine, but please do not repost/ redistribute this script on other sites.
This post has been edited by Mithran: Mar 1 2009, 04:34 AM