iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> State Parameters PLUS (v 1.4b), Now modify targeting odds, elemental rates, actor skills and more!
Rating 5 V
Mithran
post Jan 25 2009, 02:01 AM
Post #1

Scripter
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: True Neutral

State Parameters PLUS v 1.4b
(aka States Options part a)
by Mithran

Introduction
Well, I originally split down Advanced State Probability into four scripts to make it more managable. While working on States Options, I decided to split it even further. This is part a, and it deals with modifying nearly every parameter available.

Features
- modify nearly every parameter available through states either by a static increase/decrease, a percentage increase or decrease, or setting it to a specific value:
Parameters this script can currently modify:
- elemental rates
- state probability
- atk, def, spi, agi
- any stat added by another script added in the battler class (see: user defined parameters)
- item, skill, attack, and global action speeds
- maxhp and maxmp
- critical, evasion, and hit rates
- critical damage modifier (requires Damage Limit / Critical Damage Selection script)
Also allows you to:
- add or remove elements from the normal attack set with states
- set a states 'priority' value up to 100
- set elements to be absorbed by state
- lock a battlers hp to a specific value (for boss battle type encounters)
- modify attack damage based on the type of attack used (recommend using Physical/Magical Ambiguity Fix)
- using states to modify user defined parameters (eg., custom stats added by other scripts) are now supported as long as they are defined within the battler class
- modify enemy or random targeting odds
- add, subtract, or set actor skills *new*

How to Use
Follow the instructions in the script. This script should be installed in the materials section, above main, above Advanced State Probability, and below KGC_LimitBreak, Skill Functions, and any custom stat scripts, where applicable.

Script
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

FAQ
q. My stats dont seem to be changing at all when I have the state applied.
a. If its not working at all, it could be a problem with the note tag you are using. Double check for typos. Remember, <STATE PARAMETER PLUS> is required to get the script to see your parameter selections.

q. The script still does not work and/or crashes.
a. Please post or PM me with the error you recieved, which line, which scripts you are using, and which parameters you are trying to set.

q. The game says 'User Defined Stat found: res' when I start up.
a. You probably have Enelvon's resist script installed. The message will only show up in playtest, just to let you know that it is working. User defined values are now supported, so if you have any questions regarding this feature, feel free to ask. If you have trouble with it, you can remove the "res", from the brackets (but leave the brackets in place) let me know if you have any problems.

Credit and Thanks
- Mithran
- LostEmpires, Mr.Bubble (bug reporting)
- Hesufo (feature requests)

Author's Notes
Feedback is welcome. If you run into a bug, please let me know. If you think I ommited a parameter and you would like it added, you can let me know about it in this thread, or back in my script development thread. Use in projects is fine, but please do not repost/ redistribute this script on other sites.

This post has been edited by Mithran: Mar 1 2009, 04:34 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Chiem1000
post Jan 25 2009, 02:20 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Evil

And why is this usefull ? (Not to be rude, I just don't understand..)

+Quote Post

Mithran
post Jan 25 2009, 02:44 AM
Post #3

Scripter
Group Icon

QUOTE (Chiem1000 @ Jan 24 2009, 06:38 PM) *
And why is this usefull ? (Not to be rude, I just don't understand..)

It allows the RPG creator to have states that have more specific controls over the various parameters. It also includes a few features I havent seen before (action speed modify by states, add character attack elements through states, add and subtract specific element rates on states, critical damage modification). This script here is but one small piece of the original state based script I had planned. I understand some of the features are a bit redundant, but I added them for completion sake. The intent is for the creator to have as much control over their environment as possible. Its up to the creator to choose how they want to use it. Plus, lots of possiblities open up if you combine it with other scripts.

I guess the question here is, would you want to be able to do any of that? I would. That's why I made the script. I posted it because at least a few people were asking for at least some of the features in it.

Oh, and on a side note, the parameter rates in the editors for the stats that are editable (which is just atk, spi, agi, and def) are locked to 200% max. Mine doesn't have a limit. So, there is that, too.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Chiem1000
post Jan 25 2009, 02:47 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Ok, I know enough.. Thanks for the information.

<>Chiem1000

+Quote Post

LostEmpires
post Jan 28 2009, 07:00 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Type: Designer

I get a problem when using this script. I have set the states up, and applied different ones to different skills, food items etc. For example if was to use a skill "defender", it would give me:

<STATE PARAMETERS PLUS>
/attack = 50%
/defense = 200%
<STATE PARAMETERS PLUS>

My problem is, I can use these abilities and items outside of battle fine, but if I use them in battle I get:

Script 'State parameter change' line 1007: TypeError occured.

can't clone Fixnum

I copied that exactly, and line 1007 is:

n = hit_SPPalias.clone

If you could help me out, it would be much appreciated, thank you.

+Quote Post

Mithran
post Jan 29 2009, 12:46 AM
Post #6

Scripter
Group Icon

QUOTE (LostEmpires @ Jan 28 2009, 11:18 AM) *
I get a problem when using this script. I have set the states up, and applied different ones to different skills, food items etc. For example if was to use a skill "defender", it would give me:

<STATE PARAMETERS PLUS>
/attack = 50%
/defense = 200%
<STATE PARAMETERS PLUS>

My problem is, I can use these abilities and items outside of battle fine, but if I use them in battle I get:

Script 'State parameter change' line 1007: TypeError occured.

can't clone Fixnum

I copied that exactly, and line 1007 is:

n = hit_SPPalias.clone

If you could help me out, it would be much appreciated, thank you.

This line should read
CODE
n = hit_SPPalias

I fixed the script in the original post. Thank you for letting me know. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Distribue
post Jan 29 2009, 12:59 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Awesome dude! I've been waiting for this! Now I can actually make the battle system fun thanks to this. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Hesufo
post Jan 29 2009, 04:21 PM
Post #8

Back, I guess.
Group Icon

Wow, Mithran! I'm definitely going to try this script out. There are just so many new possibilities now!

Good job!

--------------------

A dedicated (?) Lucky Star fan. ∑w∑
A big thanks to Kouki for the banner!

"If there is an exception to every rule, then every rule must have at least one exception, the exception to this one being that it has no exception."

My project, Forgotten Wishes - Demo 1.5 (1/04/2009) now available!

+Quote Post

Mithran
post Jan 29 2009, 08:28 PM
Post #9

Scripter
Group Icon

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Update

v 1.1
- Fixed a bug in one of the methods.
- Added Functionality: Lock HP. Lock a battlers HP to a certain value or range of values. Intended for boss battle type encounters (eg., his HP cannot go below 90% until a condition is met, then have an event remove the state). Damage will still display normally, the target just cannot go below their minimum. Instant death is allowed, however. See script for usage instructions.

Modified script is in the original post.

--------------------

+Quote Post

LostEmpires
post Jan 29 2009, 10:25 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Type: Designer

I've been playing around with it a bit more now, and I love it, thank you smile.gif

+Quote Post

Mithran
post Jan 30 2009, 08:53 AM
Post #11

Scripter
Group Icon

I really appreciate the comments smile.gif

Update

v 1.2
- Added functionality: modify damage recieved by type. For 'barrier', 'shell' and 'safe' type states.
- Added functionality: modify damage dealt by type. For 'magical boost', 'physical atrophy', type states, etc.
- Tested functionality: User Defined Stats. This is now supported. Please let me know if you have any problems.
- Added some borders in the instructions sections and slightly reformatted some sections to make it easier to read.
NOTE: This script now needs to be below Skill Functions on the list, if you use both.

Previous changes:

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Feb 8 2009, 11:06 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

Hey Mithran. I tried to use your script with Enelvon's Resistance script, but there's an oddity occurring and res states created with your script's method won't work. I'm not sure if it's your script or his, but there's some more info in this post: ( http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?s=&...ost&p=90337 )

You can see what I mean if you download the demo in that post. Just move your script above main and take a look at the status screen.

Edit: Oh yes, something I forgot to bring up. I'm not sure if you're aware, but every actor has an "actor.odds" stat that is affected by that Position drop down box in the Classes tab. It's supposed to affect how often the actor is randomly targeted by enemy, but I've never found any information on how that calculation works.

This post has been edited by Mr. Bubble: Feb 8 2009, 12:39 PM

--------------------
I no longer support Tankentai.

+Quote Post

Mithran
post Feb 8 2009, 02:20 PM
Post #13

Scripter
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mr. Bubble @ Feb 8 2009, 03:06 AM) *
Hey Mithran. I tried to use your script with Enelvon's Resistance script, but there's an oddity occurring and res states created with your script's method won't work. I'm not sure if it's your script or his, but there's some more info in this post: ( http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?s=&...ost&p=90337 )

You can see what I mean if you download the demo in that post. Just move your script above main and take a look at the status screen.

Edit: Oh yes, something I forgot to bring up. I'm not sure if you're aware, but every actor has an "actor.odds" stat that is affected by that Position drop down box in the Classes tab. It's supposed to affect how often the actor is randomly targeted by enemy, but I've never found any information on how that calculation works.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. There is a bug with me not dividing by 100 with multiplication states in the user defined section. On about line 320, it says

CODE
n *= state.extra_param_rate['<<>>']

replace it with
CODE
n *= state.extra_param_rate['<<>>'] / 100.0

Ill fix the original post.

As for odds, for every point of odds a player has, one more copy of them gets added to the array for target selection before one of them is picked at random. Odds of 0 would technically make someone untargetable (by direct target skills, at the beginning of the turn only). High odds makes someone more likely to be targeted. From the editor, in class section., front row has an odds of 4, middle has an odds of 3, back row has an odds of 2. Basically, back row is half as likely to be targeted. Since you brought it up, I guess I could add methods to change the odds. Thanks for the suggestion.

Update

v 1.2b
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug with user defined parameters not multiplying correctly

Previous changes:

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Feb 8 2009, 02:40 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Thank you very much, Mithran. Everything works fine now. I wonder how long these scripts take for you to make. :x

And thank you for explaining odds. I've always wondered how it works since it's not in the help file at all.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mithran
post Feb 8 2009, 03:35 PM
Post #15

Scripter
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mr. Bubble @ Feb 8 2009, 06:40 AM) *
Thank you very much, Mithran. Everything works fine now. I wonder how long these scripts take for you to make. :x

And thank you for explaining odds. I've always wondered how it works since it's not in the help file at all.

No problem, thanks for the bug report. I think this script took about 6 hours to write the initial version.. but then at least 12 hours to test everything out and get it working. And I wrote the instructions during my free time in the previous week wink.gif

As for odds, it also affects 'random' targeting by any battler (eg., triple attack), but the method is basically disabled targeting enemies because all enemies have the same 'odds' (1). The nature of the small odds numbers also made a good deal of the methods I have for modifying parameters pointless, so I added in a feature where you can multiply everyone's odds by a certain value to make the calculations more accurate. Since everyone gets the same multiplier, it shouldnt have any tangible effect on the actual outcome.

Update

v 1.3
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug with MP limit on "set to value" max MP states
- Added functionality: Odds. Modify random targeting odds (standard plus, minus, equals, and rate support). See customization section for some additional options regarding this feature.

Previous changes:

--------------------

+Quote Post

Battleman
post Feb 8 2009, 05:34 PM
Post #16

A Jack of All Trades
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

When I tried using the /eva feature with a percentage value, it wouldn't work if there wasn't a space between the value and the %. I checked the examples, but none of them had any space between these. Does it actually need the space or am I just having weird luck testing it out?

--------------------
Ever felt like you were surrounded by zombies? - Shaun Of The Dead

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Mithran
post Feb 8 2009, 06:16 PM
Post #17

Scripter
Group Icon

QUOTE (Battleman @ Feb 8 2009, 09:34 AM) *
When I tried using the /eva feature with a percentage value, it wouldn't work if there wasn't a space between the value and the %. I checked the examples, but none of them had any space between these. Does it actually need the space or am I just having weird luck testing it out?

The way I set it up is to require a space between the "/eva" and the operator, but to NOT allow any spaces between the number and the % sign. If you put a space between the percent sign, you remove it from the equation.

You do realize that
"/eva + 100%" doubles the user's current evasion while (it will probably be around 10, maybe?)
"/eva + 100" adds 100 to the user's evasion (making them impossible to hit with physical attacks)
Right?
"/eva + 100 %" is the same as using
"/eva + 100" (the percent isnt read)

That is probably where your problem is coming from. Let me know if you have any further issues.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Battleman
post Feb 8 2009, 08:46 PM
Post #18

A Jack of All Trades
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Yeah, I had the equation wrong. Sorry to have bothered!

--------------------
Ever felt like you were surrounded by zombies? - Shaun Of The Dead

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Feb 11 2009, 01:11 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Found something new. Stack error on line 1274. The line is "unmodset = element_set_SPPalias". Here is a project which only contains SPP and other scripts you've made.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmqnzyztdgy

This is really easy to reproduce. Go into Battle Test and simply reset the game with F12. Start fighting as normal, but once an enemy attempts to attack you, the stack error will pop up. This will only happen if you reset the game. This will happen in playtest mode too, not just battle test.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mithran
post Feb 11 2009, 02:45 AM
Post #20

Scripter
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mr. Bubble @ Feb 10 2009, 05:11 PM) *
Found something new. Stack error on line 1274. The line is "unmodset = element_set_SPPalias". Here is a project which only contains SPP and other scripts you've made.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmqnzyztdgy

This is really easy to reproduce. Go into Battle Test and simply reset the game with F12. Start fighting as normal, but once an enemy attempts to attack you, the stack error will pop up. This will only happen if you reset the game. This will happen in playtest mode too, not just battle test.

Wow, that is... an odd one. I was able to fix the specific problem, but I have no idea of the underlying cause. Stack error is usually caused by an infinite loop somewhere, but this situation shouldn't have occured even in the original way I had it set up. I still don't know the methods the game uses on F12 reset. (Until you said something, I didnt even know you could reset the game with F12!) I fixed the bug by moving the definiton for element_set from Game_Enemy to Game_Battler where it was originally defined, and just letting Game_Enemy work off the superclass method like it usualy does (normal script doesnt have element_set defined for Game_Enemy). This fixed the error you reported. Thanks for the report.

Update

v 1.3b
- Bugfix: Fixed a crashing error when using F12 to reset during test play / battle test.

Previous changes:

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 07:08 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.