Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RTP/MACK/XP Tilesets - ft.1 re-colour.
RPG Maker VX Community > RPG Maker VX > Resource Show Case
NanoNinj2100
Update: Becuase I'm such a nice person, I will from this point onwards accept requests for tiles to be added/removed/adjusted for personal use. If you wish to request an altered tileset please send me the original tiles (If they're not RTP or Mack Set, if they are RTP/Mack screenshot the tiles you specifically want.) and then tell me where you want them and if you want anything removed for more space.

Greetings.

First of all, I do not take credit for the actual art, that's thanks to mack and whoever RPG Maker team hired for pixel art.
In my game I could never decide what I wanted to use - Mack set? or RTP. So I opened up my photoshop (<3 adobe)
and tried to create the best of both worlds. Also taking some small things from RPG Maker XP and re-sizing them.

Note: The blue carpet was me re-colouring the old mack carpet, it looked horrid to me in the old colour.

The Tiles.
Spoiler:
A1

A2

A3

A4

A5

TileB - Windows and Nature

TileC - Mostly indoors items.

TileD - Outdoors and Dungeons

TileE - The extras...

Anyway, even if these help no-one at all... I think they're nice.

Ps: Notice the lack of indoors windows, that's because i'm using 2 windows sheets from lost heaven for indoors. The additional space has been left in E for this purpose, if you wish to add indoors windows or any of your other tiles.

-NanoNinj-
Gingercake
I'm curious why, on tileset B, you kept the snow-covered tiles (i.e. trees, rocks, grass, etc.) when you don't have any show autotiles on Tileset A2-5; samething with the world map snow water and ice ocean spikes when you didn't include the world map snow autotile.

You could probably fill those spaces with something else more valuable, or replace one of the less-used autotiles with the snowy ones.
NanoNinj2100
The reason the snowy ones are there is because I made this set to go with the RTP tiles and Mack. They're there for people if they choose to use the RTP TileA's (Which I know some people prefer) They can easily be removed if people don't personally wish to use them. Also some people might still find a use for them, i've seen creative people before. Essentially it's there for RTP tiles.

Does that make more sence ginger? happy.gif
bobby2454
FINALLY!!!
This is what I've been looking for!
You're the best! laugh.gif
NanoNinj2100
QUOTE (bobby2454 @ Apr 11 2009, 11:09 AM) *
FINALLY!!!
This is what I've been looking for!
You're the best! laugh.gif

*Blush*

Thank you very much Bobby2454, i tried to make a good balance between the two and i'm glad my hours in photoshop were not wasted lol. tongue.gif
dasqoot
QUOTE (NanoNinj2100 @ Apr 11 2009, 02:37 AM) *
*Blush*

Thank you very much Bobby2454, i tried to make a good balance between the two and i'm glad my hours in photoshop were not wasted lol. tongue.gif

This is a really good set up!

I spent all weekend setting mine up and now I just threw 'em all out and switched to yours. Thanks for all the work.
NanoNinj2100
No problem dasgoot, I tried to make a good set up. Glad you like it,
=)
Gingercake
Something else I noticed -- you left out the extra tree-wall tiles that are in Tile E of Mack's. In the below spoiler, I included a screenshot of which tiles I mean, and why they're important.

Spoiler:

These are the tiles:

I feel screenshots from before and after use would be best to describe why they should be in the tileset you made, since you already have the auto-tiles for the tree/forest walls and canopy.

Before use:

Notice How the upper edges of the canopy "ceiling" tiles look rather square, and how the walls of the trees just don't look like they line up right? That's where the before mentioned tiles come into play.

After use:

Now, however, the top corners of the canopy are rounded out -- leading to a more natural look -- and the walls formed by the trees now look smoother, rather than abruptly stopping into nothingness when it hits a cornered edge.
Note: I missed a few tiles on the right side of the screen, so the canopy there still looks squared off, and also ignore the added decoration to the tree walls.

NanoNinj2100
I shall get onto this asap Gingercake, currently am away from photoshop though. Thank you for noticing that.
Gingercake
Your welcome ^^. My main skill is in mapping, so its kind of my job to pay attention to what's on the tilesets tongue.gif
FACELESS
QUOTE (NanoNinj2100 @ Apr 10 2009, 04:12 PM) *
Greetings.

First of all, I do not take credit for the actual art, that's thanks to mack and whoever RPG Maker team hired for pixel art.
In my game I could never decide what I wanted to use - Mack set? or RTP. So I opened up my photoshop (<3 adobe)
and tried to create the best of both worlds. Also taking some small things from RPG Maker XP and re-sizing them.

Note: The blue carpet was me re-colouring the old mack carpet, it looked horrid to me in the old colour.

The Tiles.
Spoiler:
A1

A2

A3

A4

A5

TileE - The extras...

Ps: Notice the lack of indoors windows, that's because i'm using 2 windows sheets from lost heaven for indoors. The additional space has been left in E for this purpose, if you wish to add indoors windows or any of your other tiles.

-NanoNinj-

Thanks NanoNinj2100! Tasty. got some re-tiling to do now...
NanoNinj2100
Another thanks to ginger, those extra tiles have been added to TileE and the image above updated.
Thanks to everyone else who is using/enjoying these Tilesets. XD

Update: Becuase I'm such a nice person, I will from this point onwards accept requests for tiles to be added/removed/adjusted for personal use. If you wish to request an altered tileset please send me the original tiles (If they're not RTP or Mack Set, if they are RTP/Mack screenshot the tiles you specifically want.) and then tell me where you want them and if you want anything removed for more space.
FACELESS
QUOTE (NanoNinj2100 @ Apr 10 2009, 04:12 PM) *

Greetings.

The Tiles.
Spoiler:
A1

A2

A3

A4

A5

TileE - The extras...

-NanoNinj-

Nanoninj2100-

I didn't like how all the walls were "hollow" (black on top) so I edited them.
You could include this as an optional Tile A4 if you want.
Spoiler:

ZygoNada
Excellent conversion.
Definitely a must-have.
smile.gif
NanoNinj2100
Thanks for throwing that up, i won't add it to my post becasue it's your work.
Zimmeme
This is amazing but why did you cut of the world map stuff in tileB?
NanoNinj2100
I can't stand them, I do not and refuse to ever use them because they're poxy and dodgy in my opinion. And considering this set was initially made for my use and then i decided to share it, they're not added if you wish to use them. Throw them on TileE.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.