Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Contest Sign Up
RPG Maker VX Community > RPG Maker VX > Resource Show Case
Retired-Pine
Mid Year's Spriting Competition

SO, it's mid year, no contest or Community thing has been done succesfully, so I was thinking of a very simple spriting competition... Here's the deal, I love seeing new things, ideas that just come out of people's minds.... So, that's the purpose of the contest

There's still not a prize, and probably it won't be, since it's just ONE frame you have to do...

So, that's the deal

Rules:

laugh.gif Must be made by you (obviously)
dry.gif If frankened or recolored, originality must overcome and be very visbible
wink.gif You must make ONE frame (the facing down one)
tongue.gif Can't be from a charset already seen posted in the forums

PinedaVX

Whoever wants to sign, post here. And if you have a theme idea, let me know, as well as concerns and etc...
Macys_Hero
This topic is almost a month old... But I didn't see anyone signing up and I don't want this idea to fade away, so sign me up, I'll compete against the fresh spriting talent... [cracks knuckles]
JustSarah
Do you mind of I sign up for it? Although I will say it will have to be handrawn and vector based.
spike_vii
only ONE character? i'll do it.

i know i'm not a spriter, but i wanna give it a try.

srsly, i wanna try to sprite, cuz i have nothing better to do.
Anaxim
I'll try.
Any special restrictions like RTP, or actual sprite to be used (Technically, side view chars for games like Megaman are also sprites)?
Retired-Pine
Yes, VX RTP style and you have to do just ONE frame (the front view)

I'm glad this is alive smile.gif
Kirtash
Sign me up, of course ^^
Shurite
Alright, I'm in! I need to get some more practice anyway. cool.gif
Cederic
i could try, when's the due date?
Antares
QUOTE (PINEDAVX @ Jun 2 2008, 02:31 AM) *
Whoever wants to sign, post here. And if you have a theme idea, let me know, as well as concerns and etc...

Umm, wait. Is that saying that everyone's able to make whatever they want, or a theme for the contest will be decided once there are people signing up? Because I don't want to sign up for something without knowing what a theme is first.
spike_vii
QUOTE (Antares @ Jun 30 2008, 03:12 AM) *
Umm, wait. Is that saying that everyone's able to make whatever they want, or a theme for the contest will be decided once there are people signing up? Because I don't want to sign up for something without knowing what a theme is first.

now you're talking about the theme, i'm curious who's gonna be the judge? if it's you, pine, don't you ever make yourself a winner.
Retired-Pine
I'm asking you all, what would you prefer? Themed or free? You tell me smile.gif
Shurite
I say we need a theme, but I have no clue what It would be. rolleyes.gif

Antares
I'm against a theme... At least for a 'first contest'. It would at least give us more freedom to start out with.
SilentBackstabber
Exactly what Antares said. No theme for a first contest will be better. Setting a restriction such as size limit and chibi style (RTP style) should be enough wink.gif Sadly, am bad at spriting... i don't think that i'll sign up sad.gif

Good luck to all of you guys!

SBS
ZheiN
i want to join also ^^. When will it start?
Blank
Sign me up, I just finished mine. And yes please tell when it will start.
AĆ«rendyll
I'll sign up too.

Can I assume there is no theme yet?
Blank
Yes, I dont think there will be a theme for this contest at least. Id say its safe to assume that. Otherwise Ill have to redo mine.
Retired-Pine
Okay, we will not have theme, it's free to go!

JUst note that submissions must be PMed to me, since the voting will be without telling the author's name

biggrin.gif
Macys_Hero

Tentacles

spike_vii

Anaxim

Kirtash

Shurite

Antares

ZheiN

Blank

Aerendyll

Garrus
Can I still join?
Retired-Pine
Yes you can!

Macys_Hero

Tentacles

spike_vii

Anaxim

Kirtash

Shurite

Antares

ZheiN

Blank

Aerendyll

Garrus

Remember to send your entries before this Sunday! (July 6th) That goes for everyone who hasn't! biggrin.gif
ZheiN
any progress?
SilentBackstabber
Since Pine already launch the contest, i'll close this thread. Everybody can vote for their favorite sprite here:

click >>> Mid Year Spriting Contest <<< click

@Pine: Reopen if needed wink.gif

SBS
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.