Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Firefox 4 posting issues?
RPG Maker VX Community > Community Central > Feedback and Support
Omegas7
Hmm so one day (today yesterday both no no, always actually) I used this Windows 7 thing, Firefox 4, and.. well, I tried to stalk post. Things didn't go alright... I mean, I was unable to set focus on the textbox (the... area where you write... stuff), therefore I was unable to write on it. I was able to use the quick reply box, though.

So I had come to the conclusion that Firefox 4 is crap. Alright, I can live with that. But then one day (today yesterday actually) I tried to make a new topic/send a PM (for stalking) through a phone and I had the same problem. Interestingly enough, I was perfectly capable of doing such before (I think).

As an additional thingy, I was quoting someone's text, which contained a smiley, and the textbox didn't have the smiley code - instead it had the smiley image itself...

I don't mind, really, just wanted to make sure someone else has the same problem as well, so I can burn in hell with him/her.
Scinaya
XD AHAHAH~ I have come to same conclusion, as well... <m< I mean many buttons in sites that work fine in older FF or in other browsers even suddenly move the page into blank state... :x And it is not opening a new tab, it just throws the page you were currently at blank and onto your default home page. .m. (Also, setting google I feel lucky on the address bar, gives errors... )

I had those problems also that you mentioned when I had swapped on FF 4. <m< I swapped back recently and everything working fine again. *sigh* Apparently Mozilla has broken their own browser in the newest version.
Omegas7
What a shame... Oh well, let's go Scinaya, let's go burn in hell together ~
---
I still have to check the phone issue, but maybe it was just my mistake...
Climhazzard
I've been having similar trouble lately, no matter the browser. If I edit a post with spoiler tags in it... things just go very wrong indeed. All sorts of code appears as soon as I click "edit", no idea where it has come from. Thoroughly annoying!
Kaptain J
This is why I use Google Chrome :3

But seriously, Chrome has no problems with me, so I recommend using it if there's no solution.
Jonnie19
QUOTE (Kaptain J @ Apr 22 2011, 08:49 AM) *

But seriously, Chrome has no problems with me, so I recommend using it if there's no solution.

Google chrome only works if you hate Youtube and never freaking use Flash Player, it just doesn't work with it and crashes!
Flipping stupid thing I had to downgrade to Firefox 4....which although it is supposedly faster it take way to long to load, btw I am using Firefox 4 to post this... shall we see if it works biggrin.gif

So far I ain't had too many problems with Firefox in relation to this site biggrin.gif
Jasonicus
I've been using FF4 for quite a while and have not had a single issue so I am certain it is not the browser. I use it on multiple pc's, no issues. FF4 is easily one of the best to date, not slow, never crashes. Maybe you folks having issues should clean up your probably spyware ridden pc's. Even cleaning out the temp files can make a load of difference. And Omegas, considering you are having the same issues on multiple devices/browsers its pretty obvious its not FF4 in the first place. Clear your cache out.
Retired-Pine
QUOTE (Climhazzard @ Apr 22 2011, 03:43 AM) *
I've been having similar trouble lately, no matter the browser. If I edit a post with spoiler tags in it... things just go very wrong indeed. All sorts of code appears as soon as I click "edit", no idea where it has come from. Thoroughly annoying!

Does it by any chance have CENTERED spoilers? This is a known issue.
QUOTE (Kaptain J @ Apr 22 2011, 03:49 AM) *

Except for continuously listing vxnet as a dangerous site

QUOTE (Jasonicus Prime @ Apr 22 2011, 08:26 AM) *
I've been using FF4 for quite a while and have not had a single issue so I am certain it is not the browser. I use it on multiple pc's, no issues. FF4 is easily one of the best to date, not slow, never crashes.

Yup. I'm on this scenario too. No issues at all.
Kaptain J
QUOTE (Jonnie19 @ Apr 22 2011, 02:58 AM) *
Google chrome only works if you hate Youtube and never freaking use Flash Player, it just doesn't work with it and crashes!

Flash works fine with me...

QUOTE (PINEDAVX @ Apr 22 2011, 12:55 PM) *
Except for continuously listing vxnet as a dangerous site

Does it? I never have that problem...
Jasonicus
QUOTE (Kaptain J @ Apr 22 2011, 03:01 PM) *
Does it? I never have that problem...

Yeah it gives false positives quite a bit. I don't really like Chrome really.
Jonnie19
QUOTE (Kaptain J @ Apr 22 2011, 08:01 PM) *
Flash works fine with me...

You are lucky, I checked my comp emptied the Cache everything but still it continued to crash!I have no Virus's but still flash crashed consistently, Also...

Even cleaning out the temp files can make a load of difference.

Thanks for that advice, my computer has sped up no end, and I haven't had no problems since biggrin.gif
Kaptain J
I honestly haven't had any problems with Chrome lately. Firefox, on the other hand, has given me problems, which is why I switched in the first place...
Jasonicus
All right, pc support class is over. I don't think this is an issue with the forum, its a pc issue. Good luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.